Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

An idea to better the world has manifested!

LostSouls7

So I was talking to my family and friends about how I wanted to propose we all plant fruit trees and grape wines veggie wines all over the USA, and put them in every city every street etc.

Well Seattle has started this. In their biggest park, they have planted a Food Forest.. and the food will be good to eat and free for all!

I think this is a great idea. I say every city and state should have this. And now the homeless won't go hungry.

This is the best news I've heard all year.

Tell me what you think.

• Like 5

Makes sense, our councils plant trees and maintain them all over the place - we pay for it in our rates, why shouldn't they then make them full of fruits for all.

I am sure greed will attach in some quarters but if it is everywhere there would soon no longer be any point in hoarding or reselling, plus it will encourage people to rethink their own gardens along similar lines, could start a bonanza of fresh home grown herb, fruit and veg instead of shrubs and flowers.

• Like 2

220px-Hugh_fearnley_whittingstall.jpg

Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall

In 2009, 'The River Cottage Summer's Here' programme promoted the Landshare project that seeks to bring together people who wish to grow fruit and vegetables, but have no land, with landowners willing to donate spare land for cultivation. The online project was commissioned by Channel 4.[41]

This good fella started the ball rolling with great success in the UK ... did a lot of good and the folks looked cheerier in just weeks. I salute Mr Whittingstall

I hear River Cottage is spreading its wings to Australia too ... link

wiki link

We have a few community garden around the area but mainly little vegie patches and hot pepper chilli shrubs and herbs for medicinal purposes. We're green throughout here in the tropics so practically anything will grow anywhere.

:tu:

`

• Like 2

That is a really cool idea!

There are an increasing number of communities doing this. It's a great idea. Not only does it provide a source of nutrition, it also brings people together working with Mother Earth, for the good of the community.

• Like 4

Where do I sign up. Slowly turning my yard into dinner. Next August I am planting corn in my front yard.

• Like 5

Here is the official food forest website!

https://www.facebook...eaconfoodforest

If i lived in their city I would help.

But I think I will just try to get one started in my city...

we should also work to get these set up all over the USA

and even the world... let us commence !

This is wonderful look at them all young and old..

happy working together.. to build a big food forest...

Here the happy people are partying and eating in the food forest..

I wish I could be there in my Wizard hat..

Edited by LostSouls7
  • Like 3

If i lived in their city I would help.

But I think I will just try to get one started in my city...

we should also work to get these set up all over the USA

and even the world... let us commence !

in britain we have a thing called 'guerilla gardening', stealing out in the dead of night, turning over unused ground & wasteland, and planting stuff!

doesn't have to be foodstuffs (although a lot of it is!), just any plants that brighten up the place and turn waste ground into something productive and beautiful.

one crime I don't mind commiting!

(i plant rhubarb.....)

:-)

• Like 3

It is a good idea, but don´t overestimate the impact.

awesome.

The world needs more of this.. Is great to see it happening..

• Like 2

the notion of better is only to what is already good

when the world base and end is all about the bad to invest n get rid of, like the factory life of dirt recycling maps

so of course there cant b but worse to come

u would use any concept or thing for smthg else randomly bc u know that truth is lost in all such chaos run by evil forces, so u think that god is a good liar issue that would sort it out for everyone