Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Museum statue mysteriously starts moving

Stonecoldvampzy

AN Egyptian relic has mysteriously started MOVING in a museum — prompting fears an ancient angry spirit could be fighting to get out.

The 4,000-year-old statue slowly spins round in a perfect circle, despite being safely locked in a glass case.

The 10ins black figure, on display to the public for 80 years, was an offering to the Egyptian God Osiris — regarded as the God of the DEAD.

http://www.thesun.co...-it-moving.html

Not sure if its an angry spirits, but it sure does look weird!

Edited by Lethanial
  • Like 7

Vibration effect, but weird to see in the video like that.

• Like 4

Its interesting to me how the statue only moves when people are around...

• Like 5

I agree with others, you can see it moves only when people are walking around near it. Vibrations

• Like 3

If it is vibrations they better do something about that floor ... seems like it is going to collapse at any moment ...

`

• Like 3

Why aren't the vibrations affecting any of the other statues or objects close to the statue, and why only now did it start to move? Where any recent renovations carried out in the room/hall where it is displayed?

I am not a superstitious person and I do not believe in the curse of the Pharoahs, but I had a good chuckle...seems Neb-senu has joined the Rebel movement in Egypt and is getting ready for June 30. If this is an omen, it's a good one :)

• Like 4

Why aren't the vibrations affecting any of the other statues or objects close to the statue, and why only now did it start to move? Where any recent renovations carried out in the room/hall where it is displayed?

I am not a superstitious person and I do not believe in the curse of the Pharoahs, but I had a good chuckle...seems Neb-senu has joined the Rebel movement in Egypt and is getting ready for June 30. If this is an omen, it's a good one :)

Exactly ... I was checking for the specific time this started happening ... mark the dates ... summer solstice ... and not forgetting the 'Super Moon' :tu:

THIS statuette is of an official — probably with priestly duties — and is made from serpentine, a hard stone.

Year of the snake on the Lunar Calendar .... good signs wouldn't you say ? :yes:

`

• Like 3

It's upset or angry about something, but being made of serpentine, it can't do much more than vibrate and bounce a little.

He wants his offerings of beer, bread, and beef! :yes:

• Like 6

It looks like it only turned while people were around... I will hazard a guess and say that perhaps the bottom of the statue isn't perfectly level, perhaps the shelf isn't perfectly level... And the vibrations of people walking by the case are enough to vibrate it into a slow spin.

• Like 3

It looks like it only turned while people were around... I will hazard a guess and say that perhaps the bottom of the statue isn't perfectly level, perhaps the shelf isn't perfectly level... And the vibrations of people walking by the case are enough to vibrate it into a slow spin.

You would think if it was the shelf they would all move and also it was moving during the night as well.

You would think if it was the shelf they would all move and also it was moving during the night as well.

Sorry, how do I close it?

It's not moving during the night on the posted video. It only moves when people are walking by which tells me it is simply vibration and I guarantee you that the bottom of the statue isn't perfectly flat.

What we have here is a museum trying to drive attendance and, as usual, the Daily Mail.

• Like 1

probably vibrations, but we are missing times on the clock up on the right.

Turn Around Norman could do little better.

It does appear to be turning around its center of gravity indicative of quite natural causes.

God help us if the ancients ever turn their backs on the Egyptians.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Do the hokey pokey and you turn yourself around.

• Like 1

Turn Around Norman could do little better.

It does appear to be turning around its center of gravity indicative of quite natural causes.

God help us if the ancients ever turn their backs on the Egyptians.

I'm hoping they are turning FOR the Egyptians, not against them! The way things are going on over there now, even the ancients are moving :)

I'm hoping they are turning FOR the Egyptians, not against them! The way things are going on over there now, even the ancients are moving :)

All rational societies attend to the concerns of future generations but Egypt could

be the one society that needs to understand its past as well. The near vacuum of

reason today may not affect this equation.

• Confused 1

This is my local Science Museum and I have spent many a day on school trips with the kiddies there :) Prof Brian Cox from Manchester (Manchester University) thinks it's 'differential friction' moving the statue 'Where two surfaces, the serpentine stone of the statuette and glass shelf it is on, cause a subtle vibration which is making the statuette turn.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2X3vhuZHF

Edited by Star of the Sea
  • Like 3

All rational societies attend to the concerns of future generations but Egypt could

be the one society that needs to understand its past as well. The near vacuum of

reason today may not affect this equation.

I was not being rational at all, I was joking, it is just that the timing of this moving statue is symbolically superb! However, I do agree with you that Egypt needs a better understanding of its history. The history curriculum as chosen by the government, past and present, has deliberately glossed over the ancient period; as a result most of the younger generations know very little about their heritage.

I haven't read all that everyone said, but serpentine can contain black magnetite or lodestone. Could the magnetic properties of such have something to do with the movement?

Edited by moonshadow60
  • Like 2

I haven't read all that everyone said, but serpentine can contain black magnetite or lodestone. Could the magnetic properties of such have something to do with the movement?

The Summer Solstice and on the occasion of the Super Moon ?

:tu:

`

• Like 1

It does look weird watching it.

They should set it up 2 or 3 times to make sure it repeats.

Vibrations...why others didnt move?

Probably the bottom is less level then the other statues.

Vibrations...why others didnt move?

You'll notice it's the only one in the group that's standing upright. Higher center of gravity relative to the base.

• Like 1