Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Museum statue mysteriously starts moving

Stonecoldvampzy

This is too easy. If the museum is closed one day a week (or on holidays) see if it moves then. I'm betting no.

It seems to only move when there are people walking around. The vibration of people walking combined with the glass top of the case could be vibrating the statue. The bottom of the statue may not be perfectly level and that's why only the one moves and not the others.

It seems to only move when there are people walking around. The vibration of people walking combined with the glass top of the case could be vibrating the statue. The bottom of the statue may not be perfectly level and that's why only the one moves and not the others.

No, that is not possible. It's a hoax... and a bad one at that.

Rafterman provided a decent link which would further indicate its down to vibrations. Like how your phone will turn circles on a table if vibrate alert is on. Remember people, this thing doest turn very quickly, the vid was shot over a week.

The new vid however, shows it climbing out of the cabinet and coming back with a KFC, which it shares with the other statues....but Im having probs linking it here so you'll just have to imagine it. :yes:

. :w00t:

Edited by seeder
  • Like 2

It's caused by small vibrations of people walking by. It does not move when the place is empty and theres no one around (like at night). If you put something on a table and then whack the table, the object moves. It's the same effect only much weaker, but far more frequently.

The other statues near it aren't as effected because they are heavier or have more stable footing.

Edited by Finity

Why didn't they just turn the statue back to it's original position when they noticed it slightly askew? Why is it going in a perfect circle?

It's hard to tell if it does not move at all at night, we do not clearly see with all the blackness. Anyway, it seems to be spinning around mostly at day when people are walking and so the vibration theory seems to make sens here. Though it should be tested and why the other status do not move? They seems heavier but if there is such vibrations they may move by millimeters at least.

So, there is no way to prove or disprove anything for sure by means of this video only.

Edited by sam_comm

Rafterman provided a decent link which would further indicate its down to vibrations. Like how your phone will turn circles on a table if vibrate alert is on. Remember people, this thing doest turn very quickly, the vid was shot over a week.

The new vid however, shows it climbing out of the cabinet and coming back with a KFC, which it shares with the other statues....but Im having probs linking it here so you'll just have to imagine it. :yes:

. :w00t:

**** didn't get real until it showed up with chicken.

• Like 1

Oh seeder :no: , if I have to explain what should be talked about instead of you just knowing whats more important, this world is in worse shape than I thought... This "statue" has gotten more threads and attention in the last day than even Iran's new president... it's sad :hmm:

Wouldn't it make sense that a topic like this would get more views than a topic on Iran's president? This site is called Unexplained Mysteries. This topic is a sort of mystery at first glance.

• 2 weeks later...

Right-handed corkscrew particles spinning left would create a left rotating statuette, as seen. Due to the known fact that most particles are thought to be right-handed like us, it most likely that they are left-handed. They are left-handed corkscrew particles spinning right to produce a force of attraction of around 1.6g at 38,000ft increasing slightly in strength toward ground level but generally flown through quicker. The fluid dark matter around the innermost core is spinning with the same rotation as the crust.

It's the same as the left lateral movement of the unfortunate 777 SFO approach landing path causing nose-up and loss of speed.

Edited by RingFenceTheCity

Right-handed corkscrew particles spinning left would create a left rotating statuette, as seen. Due to the known fact that most particles are thought to be right-handed like us, it most likely that they are left-handed. They are left-handed corkscrew particles spinning right to produce a force of attraction of around 1.6g at 38,000ft increasing slightly in strength toward ground level but generally flown through quicker. The fluid dark matter around the innermost core is spinning with the same rotation as the crust.

It's the same as the left lateral movement of the unfortunate 777 SFO approach landing path causing nose-up and loss of speed.

THREE times in the last decade Earth's spin has missed a beat. These seemingly random blips cause days to temporarily stretch and shrink. They have emerged from the clearest ever view of how long a day is.

Earth's spin fluctuates as the oceans and the atmosphere push and tug on the planet's spin But these small daily variations hide longer-term patterns, some well known, some not.

Stutters in Earth's spin change day length

Edited by RingFenceTheCity

• 3 weeks later...

After 80 years in Museum and getting bored, the statue decided to start playing games with us.

Night at the Museum. Just goes to show the movie is always cooler than real life.

You know, something about this bothers me. Why is it when a statue in a Roman Catholic Institution "cries" or "bleeds" it is a miracle. But when it is in an Egyptian museum, it is called the work of ancient spirits. Seems to me it is all the same thing.

Edited by Columbo

You know, something about this bothers me. Why is it when a statue in a Roman Catholic Institution "cries" or "bleeds" it is a miracle. But when it is in an Egyptian museum, it is the called the work of ancient spirits. Seems to me it is all the same thing.

What? A hoax? A natural occurrence? A fluke event?

• 2 weeks later...

I've no idea--be it vibrations or some other physical phenomena--but I think it's pretty cool.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Because, Columbo, today there are XXXXXXXXXXXX Catholics around the world (me included) and x followers of the ancient Egyptian religion. Discriminatory, you claim? personally I agree with you.

• 2 months later...