Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Museum statue mysteriously starts moving

Stonecoldvampzy

Honestly, I didn't realize there was a glass case surrounding the object XD.

Anyone got any deep feelings about my world globe? I keep it on a shelf above my computer and every morning I find it on my desk. I put it back and next morning same thing.

Why don't they create a replica, same size, weight, material and texture? Then if it moves they can be sure it is a non spiritual reason.

• Like 1

Visitors, anyone? Money, bums through the door. Come and see the amazing turning statue.

There could be sand under it allowing it to move more due to the vibrations.

• Like 1

seeing as it only appears to move in the day I'm gonna say that the vibration theory is probably true.

The proof was right in your face again and ridiculous comments like the sand under it is making it move! stop the sillyness.Maybe it has to levitate on tape to get folks to believe but really as far as gravity .....your killing me.Hey skeptic folk prove the video wrong and go shooting off scientific if itis provr it debunk it your good at that right????????????????

I would have been more impressed if the statue made a full circle and not just the 45 degree swivel. Still cool, though. Has to be vibrations.

So it moves ever so slightly, what's the big deal? When it starts to talk or do some jumping jacks then I'd start to think.

"spooky"

I think the goddess statue doen't like the presence of "minions", thus turns away. :w00t:

Anyone got any deep feelings about my world globe? I keep it on a shelf above my computer and every morning I find it on my desk. I put it back and next morning same thing.

well the other Saturday night I bought 12 cans of beer, Im very sure I only drank 8, but when I got up they all been drunk! I was furious. Its happened before too. Maybe I should ring the daily fail?

• Like 2

Why don't they create a replica, same size, weight, material and texture? Then if it moves they can be sure it is a non spiritual reason.

Better yet, why not move it to another cabinet and film it

anyway, having watched the vid a few times, it turns quite slightly during the day, not at all, at night, so yes, I have to assume its the traffic of footsteps and activity making it move.

Its not like it turns round all at once is it? I counted 3 periods of daylight/activity before it turned fully, so I claim natural causes, maybe they have a wooden floor which gives a bit and sends out vibration, or maybe its heavy trucks/traffic outside.

Either way not spooky, Id sleep there all night to prove it!

to settle it once and for all, they could set up a vibration / motion meter on the shelf, if such a thing exists, but the video does tend to show the cause if you ask me

to settle it once and for all, they could set up a vibration / motion meter on the shelf, if such a thing exists, but the video does tend to show the cause if you ask me

it may never move another inch after this ... have you ever thought of that ?

what then ?

:lol:

`

Placing a piece of paper under it would likely solve the rotation and not interfere with the presentation. But, the museum will certainly capitalize on the increased interest by leaving it alone.

Well, I feel dumb. How come when I find something to post it is already here? Plus I even searched and didn't find anything related to it but it is already posted yesterday.

http://www.thesun.co...-it-moving.html

Not sure if its an angry spirits, but it sure does look weird!

I have an alternative solution to the 'vibration hypothesis'. Wikipedia states that Osiris is usually identified as the god of the afterlife, the underworld and the dead. He was classically depicted as a green-skinned man with a pharaoh's beard, partially mummy-wrapped at the legs, wearing a distinctive crown with two large ostrich feathers at either side, and holding a symbolic crook and flail.....Through the hope of new life after death, Osiris began to be associated with the cycles observed in nature.....usually identified as the god of the afterlife, the underworld and the dead.

I propose that the green skin of Osiris is a reference to the green aurora in the night sky. The solar storm of 1859 was an event so special that green aurora were seen in equatorial regions. There were 3 coronal mass ejections in 2 days mid April 2013. The date on the time-lapse camera appears to be early April (04). It's possible that the statue contains a small amount of 'cold fluid dark matter' which is 'predicting' the forthcoming aurora event. The hypothesised lizard-birds which I have deduced are ufo's to modern science, are more aggressive due to the Schumann Resonance mechanism and solar activity. The historic events of cattle mutilation etc would be found to coincide with aurora events in ancient Egypt.

Should we smash the statue to locate the 'cold fluid dark matter' within, or use the statue as intended, as a predictor of future events?

Edited by RingFenceTheCity

Seeder,good points. Put the thing in another cabinet and film it.Also,if vibrations from visitors,then why doesn't anything else in the cabinet move as well. Certainly you would think the smaller lighter in weight obects would also move as well.

Vibrations? None of the other statues are moving. I don't buy this simplistic explanation. What the museum should do is move the statue somewhere else, then test on the place where it's been turning. Sand? What sand? where is it?

Significantly the statue is a god of death and this happened during the summer solstice.

It moves http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6SIY14ccNY

• Like 1

Significantly the statue is a god of death and this happened during the summer solstice.

God of death? Really? And anyway, lets forget the summer solstice, as this must have happened before it, Sure the story has been released around the solstice, but again, the story says that the guy noted it was moving a few times, THEN setup his camera....then...the story got out.

Could have started happening a couple of months ago to be fair.

Edited by seeder

I am not sure I would want strangers messing with my belongings after my death either. Maybe the spirits are not happy that their stuff is not where it should be or maybe the statues are built to move at certain times of the year and left as a reminder for the person entering the afterlife. Just guessing.

Yeah, not moving at night when there is no foot traffic is easily the explanation on this one. Notice it rotates so far and then it stops, that's because it's settling at a level point on whatever it's sitting on. As far as the other statues not moving, that's because they are level and settled in their spots, the table or whatever it's on can easily be uneven throughout.

• Like 2

Vibrations? None of the other statues are moving. I don't buy this simplistic explanation. What the museum should do is move the statue somewhere else, then test on the place where it's been turning. Sand? What sand? where is it?

It moves http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6SIY14ccNY

Occam's Razor