Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Video Footage Of Fairies In Lady's House

NatureBoff

i noticed that the description of this thread states them as being "white fire-fly like"... why couldnt they be just that.. fireflies... what specifically makes them fairies?

• Like 1

So dust and bugs on film have changed from spirits to fairies now?

dust and bugs to ghosts and fairies, spoiled blond children like paris hilton think their respected, what has the world come to? is there any hope? wait facebook exists so i guess not, i do have an open mind, but i fish alot and i usually video tape it for my son noah and mine look alot like those, and light bugs can look that convincing as well, and if they were real fairies wouldnt they be farting pixie dust? or maybe screaming at the top of their lungs because it looks like they are flying into those walls pretty fast

• Like 2

and as far as fireflies not being fast enough, they are called lightning bugs to ya know because they glow and fly quick almost looks like lightning when they flash as well, heres a source on some of the things they can do http://insects.about.com/od/beetles/a/10-Cool-Facts-About-Fireflies.htm

they seem pretty amazing to me

Edited by kannin

Top speed observed at chasing, also at fast divings ending up with expanded red light after flashing, sounds alot like what i saw in that video, i can catch a bunch of bugs in my backyard let them loose in my home video tape it and have my self a very nice peter pan remake too

• Like 1

I don't see any fairies, just bugs.

She should catch one in a jar, then charge people money to see the mystical "Fairy in a Jar".

• Like 1

I think it is faster then the bugs in the video! :tsu:

Fireflies aren't white, they're green. At least the ones I saw whilst travelling. I managed to catch one in my hands and it glowed green through my fingers. There isn't a recognised firefly which glows white as far as I know.

P.S. They look like bugs to me too. My reason for posting was the possibility that they are the mini version of 'lizard-birds' or orbs. Maybe the white glowing ufos are actually giant insects from the ice age!

[media=]

[/media]

Compare with the leading authority on fireflies where no mention of continuous bright white bioluminescence is even mentioned Types of Fireflies and Scientific Names of Fireflies Found in the Wild

I suspect they're something new.

Edited by RingFenceTheCity

I thought of the answer whilst in the shower: the white fireflies are lizard-bird food! That's how they get the chemicals for bioluminescence. It's why will-o-the-wisps are seen in swampy areas. It fits...

• Like 2

I thought of the answer whilst in the shower: the white fireflies are lizard-bird food! That's how they get the chemicals for bioluminescence. It's why will-o-the-wisps are seen in swampy areas. It fits...

great, you should shower more often. :clap:

Edited by freetoroam

I almost spit out my coffee when I read this... You are always damn fine for a goodly laugh. I knew somewhere this would turn more to your preferred kind of cryptids.

Didnt Arthur Conan Doyle believe in fairies

Didnt Arthur Conan Doyle believe in fairies

The film version certainly said so. Good film.
FairyTale: A True Story is a 1997 film from Paramount Pictures, loosely based on the story of the Cottingley Fairies.

post-94765-0-15824800-1372273327_thumb.j

well im glad this is settled

Those are very interesting video clips.

And yes they are fairys...

I love Tinkerbell she is pretty

Those are very interesting video clips.

And yes they are fairys...

I love Tinkerbell she is pretty

in this case tinkerbells an insect, id be careful they are wriggly

Compare with the leading authority on fireflies where no mention of continuous bright white bioluminescence is even mentioned

There is pale yellow luminescent fireflys. And I've seen them when I lived in Missouri. And pale yellow could easily be the color of the bugs seen in the OP video.

firefly+lights_up.jpg

BUT....... That does not even matter, because the bugs in the OP video are not glowing. You can't see them till they come into the light from the camera. And we know there is light coming from the camera because we can see the bedsheet has a part circle of light on it.

Edit: AND.... You can tell they are not using IR or UV to film because at the very beginning you can see an orage container of hand soap and a blue shirt hanging on the doorknob. Both of which you would not be able to tell color if the video was using IR or UV.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

There is pale yellow luminescent fireflys. And I've seen them when I lived in Missouri. And pale yellow could easily be the color of the bugs seen in the OP video.

Err..no. Yellow is yellow and white is white. If you're idea was right, then there'd at least be a single shot with the colour yellow in it, wouldn't there? There isn't one, there're ALL white! Edited by RingFenceTheCity

Fairies in your house? That's nothing. I once saw Barney the dinosaur leaping across my living room.

• Like 1

Err..no. Yellow is yellow and white is white. If you're idea was right, then there'd at least be a single shot with the colour yellow in it, wouldn't there? There isn't one, there're ALL white!

So let's now add ignorance of the concept of camera white balance into the 'research' being presented here...

BTW, near where I live we have glowworms/fireflies/whatever that are indeed very bright white, and may even have a slight blue/purple tint to them, subject to my color perception (humans have white balance issues too..)... I shall try to find out what they are, and maybe even film them.. using a camera with a preset white balance, like a real researcher would..

• Like 1

So let's now add ignorance of the concept of camera white balance into the 'research' being presented here...

BTW, near where I live we have glowworms/fireflies/whatever that are indeed very bright white, and may even have a slight blue/purple tint to them, subject to my color perception (humans have white balance issues too..)... I shall try to find out what they are, and maybe even film them.. using a camera with a preset white balance, like a real researcher would..

About time. Best of luck..

I don't think you'll get fireflies to do this mind you UFO files: highlights of some of the most unusual MoD reports

A woman in Poole, Dorset, reported seeing “a bright white fireball” that entered her house through her kitchen window in August 2009. The fireball fell into a carrier bag and was followed by “blinding white sheet lightning”, but no trace of any burns was found in the kitchen.

Was this a lizard-bird chasing a white firefly perhaps?

I just found this again:

I know no one is going to believe me, but about 3 years ago, i worked and lived in a pub, bare in mind i do not drink, or do drugs, i was on the roof having a cig,(i guess nicotine is a drug but yeah..) i saw a little green glowing thing, that if i ever talk about it, i call it a big moth, because i dont want people to think im insane, lol. it was about the size of my palm. i saw it half peeked out from behind the chimney, and then stopped and looked at it whilst the blood drain from my face in shock. it went back behind the chimney, and then whilst im thinking...did that just happen, it peeked out again, and then flew away in diagonal up to the sky. i have never seen a moth or a bird fly this fast, there was no apparent wings, and it flew in a straight line to were ever it was going. i waited for a while to see if it maybe would come back. but it didnt.

i know your thinking....green and glowing.....nahhhhh, but seriously, it had its on light source. was a really vivid green, and i have never forgotten any detail from this. it was actully like it was looking at me, and like it was scared i had seen it, the way it peeped out from behind the chimney, before flying off at high speed.

i have always tried to convince myself it was some kind of moth, that i have never heard of. or the biggest firefly ever. the town is quite light at night, so moth would fit, but why would a moth with its own light chill out on a chimney??

i just want to know if anyone has ever heard anything like this. its weird i look up stuff all the time since that, ufos, cow mutilations, myths, legends, weird animals, and unknown creatures, but have never come across anything like that. any ideas would be helpful, unless all you have to say is little green men. cus it waws not a man, men cant fly. cheers for reading!

And this:

Hi everyone I am new to this forum and would like to ask some advice if I may.

I own an old two story railway station and for the past 6 months or so, my 16 year old son has been sleeping in the old bar/refreshments room while we have been renovating the rooms upstairs.

Although there is no electricity connected in this room yet, my son has told me he often sees a glowing light at night, in the upper right hand corner of his room. He said that a couple of

friends had also seen the light. I kind of brushed him off, thinking it was probably some glow paint or perhaps it was coming from outside through the window. However tonight I went into his room to speak to

him about something and while we were talking I noticed a glowing light in the same spot he told me about. Although the room was quite dark, the curtain was open so I said

it was probably from that and closed it to see if it went away. But it didn't. I sat there for a good 10 minutes watching this light turn from orange to green to white and a couple of times it shimmered like glitter.

It also seemed to be hovering there as if in mid air but when I turned the torch on I couldn't see it at all, nor could I find anything that would explain what was causing it. We decided to leave the room for a while

and go back in to see if anything had changed. When we did this the light was still there but it was no longer as bright, didn't change colours or glitter like it did previously. I guess my question is, what could

this have been and is it anything to worry about?

I just seen this for the first time

BIRD FLIGHT INTERUPTED WITH AN ORB:

And this is REALLY GOOD:

And this:

Hi I was surfing the internet trying to find people who've had the same experience as me. Your experience is the closest could find to mine its not exactly the same but hell ill just write it up since i never have & in retrospect i have been thinking how odd my experience was. So let me just share this with you. It was in 1997 I was hanging laundry on the balcony it was twilight & the sky was an orange color. I saw a flock of birds around 4 or 5 flying in a migration formation. The only weird thing was that they were glowing a whitish green color. Usually when i see odd things like this I will call out for others around me to come & see (like i have done in the past a few times) but this time I had this impression that this moment was only meant for my eyes & if i did anything it would disappear so i decided to just enjoy the ''show''. So as the birds flew they starting merging together into a ball of the same green glow but in a ball shape then it disappeared. I wondered where it went so i looked at a different area in the sky and saw this ball of light bouncing in the sky then disappear again only to see it somewhere else (all the while i was just thinking this was odd & amazing). Then from behind some trees that were over to my right they were back to glowing birds again flying in formation & few out of sight. I went back in the house and told everyone what I had seen & they were not convinced & said it was probably the glow of the sky on the birds (though the sky was orange not a green color) so they went to the balcony and as we waited we saw a single bird fly by the difference was the bird was black like a silhouette. There was not comment. I think they were just baffled & they went back inside the house. Well if this story makes you feel any better about your strange experience hurray! That'll be all.