Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

aviation - ufos

MissJatti

so after the invention of aviation the so called discoveries of ufo's have popped up

Fascinating

• Like 1

I can just only wonder what it must have been like for people in countries all those years back which had not even heard of planes before, let alone start seeing these things in the sky. Mix that and religion together and then it can really get crazy.

UFO in ancient art ...

link

or

On March 12 and 13, comet Pan-STARRS passes not far from the crescent Moon and could become a naked-eye object. A comet over Japan being obliterated by an unknown object and according to NASA something unexpected is happening on the sun.

Furthermore, according to Astrophysicist James McCanney (Connected With Australian Learmonth Observatory) a mini solar system entering our's, the predictions of the Farsight Institute and U.S. Department of Defense DARPA for 2013 and near term future and the ongoing global observations indicate that unusual sky phenomena continue to escalate in both frequency and intensity.

Will it manifest itself further? Listen to Dr. Courtney Brown, director of the Farsight Institute (video below):

link to videos

~

• Like 1

UFO's in Ancient Art ...... Debunked

~ media repeat snip

What's there to debunked ? :lol:

Did you even looked the site over ?

It is just UFOs in ancient art ... unless the paintings were forgeries ... which we know they weren't ... what's there to debunked ?

The point is that no one of the authors of these web sites takes into account the symbolic meaning of these strange elements in respect to the art of the period. Worst of all, by considering these elements as the representation of something real or really seen by the artist, they assume that the artist, eg. an Italian artist of the 15th century or an anonymous Byzantine painter, would actually be allowed to insert any non canonical or un-codified element into a religious representation. On the contrary, in past times the commissioners (those who choose the subject and supervised the execution of the art work - in these cases the religious institutions) would have never allowed the author to insert into a work of art anything other than what previously decided, especially in case of religious subjects. In this latter case, in addition, restrictions were even stronger.

Nobody is saying aliens here ... at least not me ... just UFO ... unidentified flying objects ... or maybe objects depicted in the skies in ancient art ...

There are more from other cultures ... did you see them too ? Or are those were not 'debunked' ?

:lol:

`

I mean, who built these?

~image repeat snip

Those we know them as Ancient Egyptians ... :tu:

~edit : double post bypass

`

Edited by third_eye
  • Like 1

What's there to debunked ? :lol:

Did you even looked the site over ?

yes I did which is also why I chose 'that' particular vid, as it explains (debunks) what was in those old paintings/tapestries etc. Did you watch the vid?

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1

I mean, who built these?

300px-All_Gizah_Pyramids.jpg

Lousy precision, though.

• Like 1

yes I did which is also why I chose 'that' particular vid, as it explains (debunks) what was in those old paintings/tapestries etc. Did you watch the vid?

yeah ... its not unfamiliar ... just saying its not really that relevant to all the instances of strange objects depicted in ancient art works.

NOt sure why anything needs debunking here *yet* is all ... after all ... Ezekiel did saw the " wheel "

`

Lousy precision, though.

Its our modern measurements Colonel ... too precise and sharp for 4500 year old stones ...

:tu:

~edit : double post bypass

`

Edited by third_eye

I can just only wonder what it must have been like for people in countries all those years back which had not even heard of planes before, let alone start seeing these things in the sky. Mix that and religion together and then it can really get crazy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cargo_cult

Pacific cults of World War II

The most widely known period of cargo cult activity occurred among the Melanesian islanders in the years during and after World War II. A small population of indigenous peoples observed, often right in front of their dwellings, the largest war ever fought by technologically advanced nations. First, the Japanese arrived with a great deal of supplies and later the Allied forces did likewise.

The vast amounts of materiel that both sides airdropped (or airlifted to airstrips) to troops on these islands meant drastic changes to the lifestyle of the islanders, many of whom had never seen outsiders before. Manufactured clothing, medicine, canned food, tents, weapons and other goods arrived in vast quantities for the soldiers, who often shared some of it with the islanders who were their guides and hosts. This was true of the Japanese Army as well, at least initially before relations deteriorated in most regions.

The John Frum cult, one of the most widely reported and longest-lived, formed on the island of Tanna, Vanuatu. This cult started before the war, and only became a cargo cult afterwards. Cult members worship certain Americans (such as John Frum and Tom Navy), who had brought cargo to their island during World War II, as the spiritual entity who would provide the cargo to them in the future

• Like 2

.. after all ... Ezekiel did saw the " wheel "

`

he did indeed, and he has also been misquoted ever since on the subject. heres a short vid to explain his wheel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIxjojgbsj8

he did indeed, and he has also been misquoted ever since on the subject. heres a short vid to explain his wheel

~media repeat snip

Reaper Kira 1 month ago

Why in the world do people automatically assume it is an "Alien"?

from the comment section

Why do you automatically assume "Alien"?

Anyway ... nobody was there when Ezekiel 'saw' the wheel ... nobody even knows if there was a 'Ezekiel' and I have seen many and much better postulations regarding this 'wheel'

So how can anyone assume they know what the people that wrote about what they thought they saw anything that they say in their opinion is 'misquoted' ?

Really .... why must everything be so about 'Aliens' ?

On the other hand I'd also like to know who are these self appointed debunkers and what are their qualifications that makes them so sure that they are so certain that their opinions are 'gospel' ?

I can 'debunk' with expertise too, regarding anything that is deemed to be non existent ... easy peasy too ...

`

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Cargo_cult

Pacific cults of World War II

The most widely known period of cargo cult activity occurred among the Melanesian islanders in the years during and after World War II. A small population of indigenous peoples observed, often right in front of their dwellings, the largest war ever fought by technologically advanced nations. First, the Japanese arrived with a great deal of supplies and later the Allied forces did likewise.

The vast amounts of materiel that both sides airdropped (or airlifted to airstrips) to troops on these islands meant drastic changes to the lifestyle of the islanders, many of whom had never seen outsiders before. Manufactured clothing, medicine, canned food, tents, weapons and other goods arrived in vast quantities for the soldiers, who often shared some of it with the islanders who were their guides and hosts. This was true of the Japanese Army as well, at least initially before relations deteriorated in most regions.

The John Frum cult, one of the most widely reported and longest-lived, formed on the island of Tanna, Vanuatu. This cult started before the war, and only became a cargo cult afterwards. Cult members worship certain Americans (such as John Frum and Tom Navy), who had brought cargo to their island during World War II, as the spiritual entity who would provide the cargo to them in the future

Great piece.

Not sure how to see this, the people were happy, very happy and extended their cult beliefs after the war because of all the "goodies" they received, what they did not know was the number of lives which had been lost because of this war. Today would be completely different now there are not many places with contact to the outside world.

But can you imagine the thoughts going through the minds of people in areas who see 1 "aircraft" pass through the skies over their land and not landing?

• Like 1