Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3
regeneratia

If UR Congressmen was being blackmailed...?

12 members have voted

1. 1. If your Congressmen was being blackmailed by illegally gathered data using electronic domestic spying, would you forgive their transgressions if they fought like hades to end the domestic spying and data collection on Americans by our initial agencies?

• Yes, I would support them.
    • No, I would not support them.
    • My support really depends on how bad their transgression is.
    • I don't know.
    • Other: use your own words.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

If your Congressmen was being blackmailed by information gathered on them via illegal electronic data collection done by our US initial agencies, would you forgive them for their transgressions if they strongly pushed for strengthening the US Bill of Rights and, in particular, Amendment IV:

Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

http://www.archives....transcript.html

So what do you think?

Hypothetical here.

Edited by regeneratia

Posted (edited)

I barely support my congressmen now. This kind of crap is why the founders didn't vest that much power in the few in federal government. does anyone think this is the first time someone used blackmail to influence a government? guess what neither did the founders. they saw more accountability at the state level (I know my state officials personally) where as the people in D.C. are harder to get at on my end and fewer of them with more power.

IMHO we as a country have been so hands off for so long when it comes to our government we are getting what we deserve. the founding fathers saw this coming over two hundred years ago why is this news to anyone?

Edited by MiskatonicGrad
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

That's the problem with this spying crap. If they fought like hell against spying I would be inclined to support them when blackmailed with it. BUT... That depends on the scoop being held against them. If it's some dirty stuff then I'm back to square one with screw em all and it is likely it would be nasty if it were being used for blackmail. It's tough to answer. I'd like to vote it depends on how bad their transgression was but I feel like that supports the spying. I'm torn but no matter the scoop I'm still against the spying. Tough question.

Edit: I vote the last option.

Edited by F3SS
2 people like this

Poorly worded question. Congressman was or Congressmen were? Blackmailed by who? By the data? What transgressions? Whose transgressions?

They should of been against it to begin with instead of waiting until it landed on top of them. So probably not because if it hadn't happened to them they wouldn't be doing nothing.

4 people like this

I would have to say that my congressman should first bring out the truth themselves, and then be honest about why they decided to come clean.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Poorly worded question. Congressman was or Congressmen were? Blackmailed by who? By the data? What transgressions? Whose transgressions?

I thin it is pretty clear. Reread it. Who do you think has the capabilities to do domestic electronic spying?

Edited by regeneratia
1 person likes this

I couldn't place a vote. But it would depend on what they did. There is on box on the ballets that should be removed, that is vote all democrat or vote all republican.

Honestly, in my opinion, if anyone in any part of the government is getting blackmailed, they don't get my support! It shouldn't have ever happened if that was the case. Blackmail and threats always go hand in hand with one another, it still doesn't mean you give in completely. It's one thing to surrender yourself, but another thing to go with it and have authorities notified about what's happening. They'll crack down on the perpetrator in the easiest and safest manor possible to prevent anyone from being harmed. It's possible, it's happened before.

My hypothetical question would be: Why did the Congressman allow someone to do that? Majority of the time there's always a sign of some sort that leads you to think that something's wrong or something bad is going to happen, rather you know the specs or not. If you tell anyone that you have a nasty suspicion about something and give legitimate reasoning for thinking it, they'll most likely look into your concern.

You cannot be blackmailed if you don't let it happens. Just come out with the problem yourself.

1 person likes this