Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Alien existence, drip feeding theory

I don't think we're being prepped for any disclosure. The government would never acknowledge that something more advanced and powerful than they are exists.

afGJifE.jpg

• Like 1

The bible proves ET visitation?!,... To me thats like saying that old wives tales proves Thor is real.

There are several passages in the bible where abraham, isiac and jacob where they climb a ladder or see one.

There are several passages in the bible where abraham, isiac and jacob where they climb a ladder or see one.

Climb or see a ladder?

Uhm, ok..

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 1

Jacobs ladder was a dream Jacob had, Other versions are just symbolic interpretations.

start here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacob%27s_Ladder

No ,No ,No , You didnt read that THe Bible`s says He Whom see`s Aliens and feed`s them with your own tit`e SHall see just How Hungry E.T really is ,As he consumes you ! :alien::P

We had radio in the 50s.

Radio has been around a lot longer than that.
Once said ets got with in one light year of earth, they could receive our radio signals.
Where did you get the figure of one light year from? What happens after one light year, do radio waves disappear in outer space?

If aliens are picking up broadcasts from earth, it's more likely they're picking up earlier broadcasts that have travelled much farther and thus covered a wider region of space. That combined with the fact that newer broadcasting technology is much more efficient and leaks a lot less into outer space, meaning it won't travel as far before the signal becomes unreadably weak.

This is of course not including radio signals beamed into space intended for ET to pick up (like SETI for example).

Edited by JesseCuster
  • Like 1

Back to the Drip feeding ! I`ll have mine with some WHite Chocolate Mocha and Extra E.T.Lattia !

Radio has been around a lot longer than that.

Where did you get the figure of one light year from? What happens after one light year, do radio waves disappear in outer space?

If aliens are picking up broadcasts from earth, it's more likely they're picking up earlier broadcasts that have travelled much farther and thus covered a wider region of space. That combined with the fact that newer broadcasting technology is much more efficient and leaks a lot less into outer space, meaning it won't travel as far before the signal becomes unreadably weak.

This is of course not including radio signals beamed into space intended for ET to pick up (like SETI for example).

Yes they do disappear. Our equipment is only strong enough to get signal out so far until it spreads to thin to get picked up. I may be wrong on the one light year. But, it isn't strong enough to get the next star system. I believe I got this from nasa or a science show. Seti isn't sending singals they are listening. They did pick up a signal in the seventies but it hasn't repeated.

Yes they do disappear.

How and why do they disappear after 1 light year?
Our equipment is only strong enough to get signal out so far until it spreads to thin to get picked up.
What's your source for this? "NASA or a science show" is not a source. It's a vague claim.
I may be wrong on the one light year. But, it isn't strong enough to get the next star system.
Again I'm going to ask for a source for this. What happens after a light year that a signal sent from earth 'disappears'? The range of a signal depends on so many factors that I simply don't buy the "one light year" limit. It depends on the power of the signal, the nature of the signal, the direction of the signal, the equipment used to send the signal, the intended purpose of the signal (e.g. a signal deliberately designed to go as far into outer space as possible with minial dissipation)
Seti isn't sending singals they are listening. They did pick up a signal in the seventies but it hasn't repeated.
I'm thinking of the Arecibo message, a powerful message sent by SETI deliberately designed to be sent into outer space and to have a maximum range in order to be intercepted by a potential ET listening for radio signals and to also contain an intelligible message (like the Pioneer plaque and Voyager golden record). Edited by JesseCuster

They disperse(not the correct word but close enough.). This is why pluto is colder than earth is. All light waves spread out the farther the get from its source. We can no longer talk to voyger two or the two pioner probes because of this. This is also why set needs so many antania spread across the planet.

I didn't know about that message, sorry.

Edited by danielost

Actually Daniellost, "disperse" is a pretty good description. You can't collimate radio waves to travel in a single line over an infinite distance (or any distance really). It spreads (imagine light from a candle). So the further you move out from the source, the weaker the signal.

Edit - actually 'weaker' probably isn't the right word, lighter might be a better description.

Edited by Sky Scanner
  • Like 1

They disperse(not the correct word but close enough.). This is why pluto is colder than earth is. All light waves spread out the farther the get from its source. We can no longer talk to voyger two or the two pioner probes because of this. This is also why set needs so many antania spread across the planet.

You're right. I did some googling and apparently after a couple of light years most radio and TV waves that leaked into space will have dissipated to the point of unreadability. I thought it was much further for some distance, especially with older less efficient broadcasting technology.

Voyagers 1 and 2 are actually still communicating with us but the Pioneer probes became unable to communicate with earth some time in the 1990s.

I now wonder what the effective range of something like the Arecibo message is. It should have a much longer effective range as it was sent as a high-power signal directly into space, not a signal designed to be broadcast to terrestrial receivers.

Edited by JesseCuster

Maybe it got to the closes system. But even if it doesn't disperse, it hasn't reached to many other systems.

I can tell you're frustrated and I feel for you. I have seen a UFO (I hear laughing, be nice) it was in 1980 and since that night I have always wanted to see another. It didn't scare me, I stood there in awe until the tree canopy swallowed it up. I have no idea whether it was alien or manmade. (alien)

And like you I feel we should be investing much more money and manpower into space travel and study. However, the world at this particular time can barely think 5 minutes into the future. We're either texting or tweeting on our tablet or smart phone and "LIKE" is every 3rd word... And we're tainted and jaded and no one wants to talk about anything that they can't touch, taste or feel.

You are a dreamer. Promise me you'll never stop. See, it's people exactly like you that may be able to change the conversation, (not that we have those anymore) and who knows, some night in the near future you may finally. finally see what you've waited a lifetime for. Believe......

I can tell you're frustrated and I feel for you. I have seen a UFO (I hear laughing, be nice) it was in 1980 and since that night I have always wanted to see another. It didn't scare me, I stood there in awe until the tree canopy swallowed it up. I have no idea whether it was alien or manmade. (alien)

And like you I feel we should be investing much more money and manpower into space travel and study. However, the world at this particular time can barely think 5 minutes into the future. We're either texting or tweeting on our tablet or smart phone and "LIKE" is every 3rd word... And we're tainted and jaded and no one wants to talk about anything that they can't touch, taste or feel.

You are a dreamer. Promise me you'll never stop. See, it's people exactly like you that may be able to change the conversation, (not that we have those anymore) and who knows, some night in the near future you may finally. finally see what you've waited a lifetime for. Believe......

Who are you responding to?

I was responding to Ma0773 who started this thread. Sorry, newbie here, and I'm just stumblin' round trying not to p*** anyone off.

Welcome to UM!

I too wondered who you had replied too, if you look at a post you want to reply to, you see a quote button to lower right of the post/page, click that and you will reply to the actual post you want to!

And for the rest of you guys, if you dont read the other forums, I will take this opportunity to plug a post I made about the new Europa movie, about a mission to go under the ice and look for life.

Its been getting great reviews for a new sci fi movie, and I for one cant wait to see it, so check this link pls

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=250350&hl=

I would imagine if there has been any alien visitation and evidence collected of it the proof would be very fragmented.

Imagine all the Governments around the world with little snips of information and proof kept deeply buried in secret documents and vaults. Together they may be able to piece together something that could explain, what they are, where they came from and more importantly why are they here.

Problem is would any Government want to unzip their fly and let on to what they have. You could imagine the possible consequences of this. Other countries could demand access to the information because of the implications of visitation would surely be interest to the whole of the planet.

Again how would countries and Governments approach each other wanting to exchange information? Would they trust that the other country would be giving them the truth and full disclosure?

Would it be Obama and Cameroon having a meeting on the world economy just slipping it in in the last five minutes 'oh, we heard you have a crashed UFO kept in Area 51, any chance I can send some boys over to have a look at it? We have some cracking eye witness reports and pictures you can have in exchange'.

In think the Rendlesham Forrest incident was a classic. It is clear that both sides conducted investigations, however both denied doing so and I very much doubt there was any cohesion between them. Lets face it something spooked the hell out of an American airforce base where nuclear weapons were stored. But both the British and Americans say there is nothing of defence interest. Surely at very least there should have been a full security review? Especially if the people in charge were so spooked by a lighthouse.

That is why I don't believe there will be any disclosure, there would be far more questions than answers and they would let on officially they have something

You're right. I did some googling and apparently after a couple of light years most radio and TV waves that leaked into space will have dissipated to the point of unreadability. I thought it was much further for some distance, especially with older less efficient broadcasting technology.

Voyagers 1 and 2 are actually still communicating with us but the Pioneer probes became unable to communicate with earth some time in the 1990s.

I now wonder what the effective range of something like the Arecibo message is. It should have a much longer effective range as it was sent as a high-power signal directly into space, not a signal designed to be broadcast to terrestrial receivers.

Yes, you are correct. Broadcast signals drown out in back ground noise rather fast. Just a small blurp on this.

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 1

If ets are trying to hide themselves, but want to contact governments. They wouldn't contact those governments that are always changing through up rises. Would be to hard for them to keep the secret.

Yes, you are correct. Broadcast signals drown out in back ground noise rather fast. Just a small blurp on this.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Just read that - very interesting.

So you can collimate radio waves to a specific point (i've been reading the wrong material). When you say a small cone though, I don't understand that, what do you mean?

Thanks Seeder. I'm the dumb leading the blind me....

Welcome to UM!

I too wondered who you had replied too, if you look at a post you want to reply to, you see a quote button to lower right of the post/page, click that and you will reply to the actual post you want to!

And for the rest of you guys, if you dont read the other forums, I will take this opportunity to plug a post I made about the new Europa movie, about a mission to go under the ice and look for life.

Its been getting great reviews for a new sci fi movie, and I for one cant wait to see it, so check this link pls

http://www.unexplain...opic=250350&hl=

E.T wont even come near this Planet ! They have watched the T.V. shows for the last Fifty years ! :tu:

• Like 1

Just read that - very interesting.

So you can collimate radio waves to a specific point (i've been reading the wrong material). When you say a small cone though, I don't understand that, what do you mean?

Hi Scanner, old buddy. How are you?

I am not sure I understand what you mean by collimate here. Typically it is a question of where the energy you emit heads to and broadcasting antennas emit in all directions, whereas a parabolas focuses the energy in a given direction. However, all electromagnetic radiation, be it light or radio waves, obeys the inverse square law. Essentially the quanta constituting the signal spreads out and there is nothing one can do about that. From my earlier post:

Loss = ( c/(4*pi*R*f) )^2

Where

C is the speed if light in vacuum

R is the distance the signal has traveled and f is the frequency of the transmitted signal

Here we see how light (given it's higher frequency) disperses less and that is why suggestions are to try lasers to send messages.

Does that make sense?

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 1

I think if we were to put antanni thought the system, they could get a single to the closest star system. Assuming they could focus that signal.

Radio waves are light waves.