Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

History Debate!

kannin

Croatia is also an ancient country that has endured a variety of geo-political injuries and survived, yes? We in the US seem to "do it to ourselves," such as in our Civil War. Let's hope you're right about there not being another one in the works. But our country is more polarized than at any other time since 1861-65; the Viet Nam/anti-war era was tense and happened with the nuclear war threat more at the forefront. Our dividing issues are domestic now, as they were back then with slavery/states' rights.

I actually agree. I almost think a war is inevitable; it reminds me a great deal of England in the 1620s and 1630s. The mindset of people is increasingly polarized, and more and more people seem to regard compromise as tantamount to admitting they and everything they believe is wrong, so there's no middle ground left to reach. Not even foreign wars were able to patch up the differences.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 3

Yes Croatia have most beautiful women and beaches. Judge by yourself.

ndsfmh.jpg

The "most beautiful women" are very tiny on that very small beach. Do you have a bigger photo ? :D

(I spent some time in Yugoslavia back in the 70's when I was a teenager. It was extremely beautiful, and very cultural. I'd love to go back one day. I also wish there was peace throughout the world so we could all go and safely visit so many of the stunning places we will never be able to go and see.)

• Like 3

Attila the Hun better fit that time in history, but he is not my first choice. Spartan's timeline might be off, but his choice is good. Genghis Khan could have conquered both Asia and Europe had it not been for intervening fate. The Golden Horde was unstoppable. Their tactics and weapons were unmatched by the best military of the era. They conquered millions of people in a wide swath of countries. They were stopped by bodies of water, which was why Japan wasn't conquered, but they likely had captured experts who could have solved that problem. They used their prisoners for their benefit, some of whom were the best engineers at the time. The French and the Germans might have spoken Mongolian if Genghis Khan marched across western Europe. They would have faced a force with no real opposition that used the best military technology of the day. It was partly comprised of captured eastern Europeans, the ones that weren't killed, murdered, enslaved, etc.. The British Isles would have been Europe's last hope.

I apologize. The above quote seems like a mix of both Genghis and Kublai. That said, I think that Europe dodged a bullet. The Mongols were an unstoppable military machine.

How about Hitler? I def didnt agree with what he did. But looking at WHAT he did, how he convinced a NATION to follow his ways. To start a HItler Youth. He turned the minds of so many people, probably one of the if not best Orator there ever was.... (even Napoleon)

As far as conquerors (older)

'Timur the Lame' was born in modern day Uzbekistan, about 400 miles north of the city of Kabul. He had a slight paralysis down one side as a child, which meant his early career was in politics. Despite being illiterate, he was highly intelligent. He spoke at least three languages and invented a variant of chess. He rose quickly to become senior minister to the Mongol khan, then Tamerlane overthrew the khan and began a reign of warfare, slaughter and, yes, mountains of skulls. Tamerlane revered Genghis and claimed to be descended from his second son. He used the city of Samarkand as his base, which Genghis himself had conquered. From there, Tamerlane conquered Persia, Armenia, Georgia and part of Russia.

Edited by LucidElement
  • Like 1

How about Hitler? I def didnt agree with what he did. But looking at WHAT he did, how he convinced a NATION to follow his ways. To start a HItler Youth. He turned the minds of so many people, probably one of the if not best Orator there ever was.... (even Napoleon)

'Timur the Lame' was born in modern day Uzbekistan, about 400 miles north of the city of Kabul. He had a slight paralysis down one side as a child, which meant his early career was in politics. Despite being illiterate, he was highly intelligent. He spoke at least three languages and invented a variant of chess. He rose quickly to become senior minister to the Mongol khan, then Tamerlane overthrew the khan and began a reign of warfare, slaughter and, yes, mountains of skulls. Tamerlane revered Genghis and claimed to be descended from his second son. He used the city of Samarkand as his base, which Genghis himself had conquered. From there, Tamerlane conquered Persia, Armenia, Georgia and part of Russia.

i agree wrong ideas and ways to use his talent but he def had charisma to bad he was evil

Croatia is also an ancient country that has endured a variety of geo-political injuries and survived, yes?

Its turmoiled area. Illyrians, Greeks, Celts, Roman, Huns, Avars, Croats, Serbs, Franks, Byzant, Bulgars, Mongols, Hitler, Napoleon, Ottomans, Austria Hungary, Venetian republic...

The "most beautiful women" are very tiny on that very small beach. Do you have a bigger photo ? :D

(I spent some time in Yugoslavia back in the 70's when I was a teenager. It was extremely beautiful, and very cultural. I'd love to go back one day. I also wish there was peace throughout the world so we could all go and safely visit so many of the stunning places we will never be able to go and see.)

Its very safe. Yestrday we joined EU. And we are member of NATO years before.

I can upload some pictures of women but thread would be probably be closed.

Edited by the L

Well, history shows that Hitler never "conquered" anything but parts of Europe (Spain, Portugal, Sweden and Switzerland remained neutral throughout); mainly France, the 'Benelux' countries, Norway, Denmark, Italy by proxy, and Greece, then-Yugoslavia, Crete and only appendages of the USSR (Ukraine, eastern Poland; and there, very temporarily). Hitler was no conqueror, but a petty little wanna-be who rightfully got his ass kicked by the Red Army hordes, and was a cowardly suicide at the "Ragnarok" he begged for at The End.

Berlin was sacrificed to Hitler's delusional, vegetarian, impotent psychosis. Conqueror? No--conquered, yes. By Commies, Western Allies and his own lies.

Its very safe. Yestrday we joined EU. And we are member of NATO years before.

I can upload some pictures of women but thread would be probably be closed.

Congratulations on the EU admission, assuming that's what the People wanted.

Congratulations on the EU admission, assuming that's what the People wanted.

Its only logical outcome of our history and geography. Thanks.

• Like 1

Its only logical outcome of our history and geography. Thanks.

Yes, "L," but logic doesn't always carry the day! Some day I'll make it to that Dalmatia Coast. . .Congratulations!

Edited by szentgyorgy

Yes, "L," but logic doesn't always carry the day! Some day I'll make it to that Dalmatia Coast. . .Congratulations!

You are welcome. You know how they say : Small country for great vaccation.

btw there is no alternative. We couldnt join to USA or Russia or India or China..

interesting