Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
Slender Man

Paranormal Investigation

9 posts in this topic

Okay so I've had this fascination with the paranormal for quite some time and I recently discovered I have a few friends who are as well. So I was wondering what are some good tips for looking for ghosts and what equipment will we need?

Goodness there has been a few threads about this...

Always be legal.

Do your research.

Never hunt alone, always let someone know where you are going to be.

Safety first.

Be respectful no matter where you go.

And again, always be legal.

Equipment is wide open. Some folks like to just have paper and pen for notes, cameras (use your timestamp! take multiple pics for comparison!), audio recording equipment... Then it starts getting nuttier from there. Make sure you fully understand your equipment, how it works, test it in a controlled environment, and consistently use it.

And did I mention always be legal?

2 people like this

Okay so I've had this fascination with the paranormal for quite some time and I recently discovered I have a few friends who are as well. So I was wondering what are some good tips for looking for ghosts and what equipment will we need?

Ok, lets start with this.

Check out this thread first http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=249989&st=0&p=4822066&hl=+ghost%20+huntingentry4822066

Alot of prep is needed, along with alot of understanding of where your going. Do your homework. Don't just "ask around". Literally do research on places you would like to go, and make sure you always have permission. Alot of property is owned, even if it seems abandonded.

Be respectful and also make sure your crew is fully aware of what you could encounter, but also be aware of living things such as; snakes, mice, rats etc.

Don't and never "just assume". Bring along proper equipment to catch evidence. And if you do, find someone who is HIGHLY experienced in hunting.

Voice recorders, and cameras are the essentials. They're cheap and inexpensive, but make sure you know the device before you gon into an investigation.

Lastly, DON'T TAKE SCREAMERS! These type of people are not helpful at all. They get scared of everything, even their own breath. So make sure your crew is levelheaded, BE SOBER, and also aware.

I hope this helps, and do some more digging! God bless and be safe :)

Goodness there has been a few threads about this...

Always be legal.

Do your research.

Safety first.

Be respectful no matter where you go.

And again, always be legal.

Equipment is wide open. Some folks like to just have paper and pen for notes, cameras (use your timestamp! take multiple pics for comparison!), audio recording equipment... Then it starts getting nuttier from there. Make sure you fully understand your equipment, how it works, test it in a controlled environment, and consistently use it.

And did I mention always be legal?

Rashore, we shouldn't be on the same page like this :whistle: Whats going on! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:B)

Okay thanks! :)

I completely forgot about catching audio and wouldn't have thought about using the timestamp.

Also I would have probably neglected to check if the area is owned or not, thanks for the heads up!

But let me get one thing straight, never be legal? :tu: Gotcha!

Okay thanks! :)

I completely forgot about catching audio and wouldn't have thought about using the timestamp.

Also I would have probably neglected to check if the area is owned or not, thanks for the heads up!

But let me get one thing straight, never be legal? :tu: Gotcha!

Snort :)

Seriously though with the legal thing.. Part of it is knowing trespassing and/or rules like sunup/sunset hours, but also stuff like parking laws in the area or other driving laws. It sucks to park and go into a haunt to come back and find you have been ticketed or towed, or to go to a haunted road and discover the cops bust ya for cruising the stretch or stopping on RR tracks.

You can usually check local deeds and laws with the courthouse, deed office, town hall, police station, sometimes the local library.

1 person likes this

Well, all that was very informative and what was cited was specific without going on and on about matters that one really doesn't ned to be bother by unless onr has a tv show that requires "special prep." before filming begins. :tu:

Posted (edited)

I don't think that making some basic investigations alone will hurt someone. If you apply the ''safety first'' rule then you'll be alright. It's just that one might find it scary to be alone at night searching for ghosts. But investigating can be done at daytime as well. I do not think that ghosts choose any particular time of the day to manifest some kind of activity.

Edited by sam_comm

I don't think that making some basic investigations alone will hurt someone. If you apply the ''safety first'' rule then you'll be alright. It's just that one might find it scary to be alone at night searching for ghosts. But investigating can be done at daytime as well. I do not think that ghosts choose any particular time of the day to manifest some kind of activity.

It's nice to have someone there to back you up or not if you think you got something. And yep safety first- what if you trip over a log and twist your ankle, or go into a woods and get lost or encounter another person that decides to jack you up? It's nice to have someone else there to help ya limp back to the car or drive for you, or someone not there knowing where you are if you don't come home at a reasonable hour, and you might be less likely to get jacked up if you aren't alone.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I guess it depends the type of person you are. If you're the kind of lone wolf that likes to do things by yourself then why not go out there with your Audio recorder, EMF detector and a handheld camera.

Of course if you go into a woods, paranormal investigations or not you've got to tell somebody where you're going and when you intend to return. That's a precaution everyone should take alone or not.

But a basic investigations can be done in a public area, where some activity have been reported overtime. It's just about going there and taking a look with some devices and maybe get an EVP or some high EMF readings. It becomes a leisure for yourself to enjoy

So, I wouldn't say ''Never hunt alone'' but it is obviously preferable to have a group, for throughout investigations and working efficently as a team to gather evidences. The social aspect of it is not to be neglected as well.

Edited by sam_comm