Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Night Crawler Alien

MacsMom

A year or so ago, as I was watching that incredibly hokey show "Fact or Faked" (which I really enjoyed, btw), I saw their investigation on the Night Crawler Alien footage from Fresno.

Then I started searching around the web and found more videos of these strange creatures.

"Fact or Faked" couldn't really answer the question of what was filmed or whether it was authentic.

There are several videos and I don't want to try and embed them all here, but if you feel so inclined, google them and let me know what your 2 cents worth is. I'm at a loss but I get goosebumps each time I view one of the videos.

• Like 2

I loved that show! That is a great video. No clue what it could be, but it is one of the few that gives me the creeps. ;)

• Like 1

A year or so ago, as I was watching that incredibly hokey show "Fact or Faked" (which I really enjoyed, btw), I saw their investigation on the Night Crawler Alien footage from Fresno.

Then I started searching around the web and found more videos of these strange creatures.

"Fact or Faked" couldn't really answer the question of what was filmed or whether it was authentic.

There are several videos and I don't want to try and embed them all here, but if you feel so inclined, google them and let me know what your 2 cents worth is. I'm at a loss but I get goosebumps each time I view one of the videos.

I saw that episode! It was realy really strange. That show is still on btw too :). I will have to check this out! The inetersting part is how organic it is also.

• Like 1

It is usually so easy to pass things off as fake, but this one is different in my opinion.

The movement is so chilling.

• Like 2

Agreed! Goosebumps every time! It's the stuff that bad dreams are made of. And the night vision camera footage that shows that larger creature walking with a smaller creature? Ugh!! Hope they don't come in families. :alien:

darn! can`t get video up as it has been terminated due to copyright infringements. Can any one find a moody one i can watch, or is that not legal?

you guys are referring to this one, right?

[media=]

[/media]

crappy music, best watched without sound....

• Like 1

Anyone knows wether this one was debunked in the meantime? I saw the fact or faked episode also, but i don't like their approach of "ok, we try one or two things. If we can't reproduce it then, no one can"...

you guys are referring to this one, right?

[media=]

[/media]

crappy music, best watched without sound....

bad video footage too, but that is creepy. It looks like someone dragging someone of something along, probably 2 fellows trying to hold onto each other after a skin full.

I don't know how to post a video :cry:

So heres the link. It looks very close to the fresno one... creepy either eay!

Edited by Jessem

bad video footage too, but that is creepy. It looks like someone dragging someone of something along, probably 2 fellows trying to hold onto each other after a skin full.

it was the best one i could find....as far as i remember even when it first showed up, it was a video shot from the screen of a surveillance cam. I was so fascinated with that on when i saw it first, but now i just realized that, when the "creature" walks, it looks like its feet don't really touch the ground..... :unsure2:

Guest Nathan DiYorio

Whatever they are, it looks like they're wearing suits of some kind. Their legs are all baggy, kind of like clown pants. I guess our atmosphere must be toxic to them?

On the vid posted above #10 by Jessem

Sorry, I see poorly worked marionettes of some kind. That is why the walking is so odd. You can see a foot drag at least once.

Edited by QuiteContrary

Sorry, I see poorly worked marionettes of some kind. That is why the walking is so odd. You can see a foot drag at least once.

i've had my share of watching crappy street puppeteering, enough to say that if those are marionettes, they're not worked poorly! Did you also see that "fact or faked" episode? that was exactly their approach, to have some linnen wrapped construction walk on ropes, and they couldn't reproduce it even remotely believable.

Maybe they're crap puppeteers as well....

so guys, if anybody has some info that this is a hoax, i'd be really intrigued to learn how it was done. It would make a GREAT side show!

• Like 1

i've had my share of watching crappy street puppeteering, enough to say that if those are marionettes, they're not worked poorly! Did you also see that "fact or faked" episode? that was exactly their approach, to have some linnen wrapped construction walk on ropes, and they couldn't reproduce it even remotely believable.

Maybe they're crap puppeteers as well....

so guys, if anybody has some info that this is a hoax, i'd be really intrigued to learn how it was done. It would make a GREAT side show!

No, I did not see the episode but it looks like poorly worked puppets as the walking is not fluid but a bit awkward. Imo. I can barely walk myself let alone manipulate a puppet.

But, if you are going to pass off something walking it should have been done better, imo. I'm not commenting on the difficulty. Just that it looks awkward to me and I see a "foot" drag...have you ever tried to walk a puppet and the ankle buckles? I have. Sometimes alternating floating and buckling. You are right it is not easy, I never said it was. But it should be more convincing, imo.

Your the first peron to see this ever Contrary...

What alien would have such a crappy way of moving? It doesn't bode well for its survival. And why would it be there, just walking along? How can you go from seeing a video - which looks to have been taken with the sort of camera you would buy at a second hand store for 5 bucks - showing some sort of thing moving, to coming to the conclusion that it is an alien?

Give me a full HD video, taken with a good camera, of a grey alien humping a dead deer, and I'll believe it's an ET. But this? No.

Give me a full HD video, taken with a good camera, of a grey alien humping a dead deer, and I'll believe it's an ET. But this? No.

hahaha, aliens are real when they are intergalactic zoophile necromaniacs? Just when you thought you heard it all...... ;)

No, I did not see the episode but it looks like poorly worked puppets as the walking is not fluid but a bit awkward. Imo. I can barely walk myself let alone manipulate a puppet.

But, if you are going to pass off something walking it should have been done better, imo. I'm not commenting on the difficulty. Just that it looks awkward to me and I see a "foot" drag...have you ever tried to walk a puppet and the ankle buckles? I have. Sometimes alternating floating and buckling. You are right it is not easy, I never said it was. But it should be more convincing, imo.

if you get the chance, watch the Fact or Faked take on that thing! I like the show, it's not to be taken as 100% serious, but it's great entertainment. And what i wrote earlier meant that in comparison to THEIR attempt, the original video would be a very impressive act of puppetry.

it's always the same with those vids: they work best served with an eery claim, like "strange creature walking over my lawn at night". I was stunned when i saw the video first. It appeared so "real". Now, with a little distance, the power of the image wore off, and i'd be just too happy to see how it was done.

if you get the chance, watch the Fact or Faked take on that thing! I like the show, it's not to be taken as 100% serious, but it's great entertainment. And what i wrote earlier meant that in comparison to THEIR attempt, the original video would be a very impressive act of puppetry.

it's always the same with those vids: they work best served with an eery claim, like "strange creature walking over my lawn at night". I was stunned when i saw the video first. It appeared so "real". Now, with a little distance, the power of the image wore off, and i'd be just too happy to see how it was done.

Yeah , it reminded me of a marionette, but I can only guess, like anyone else. Regardless of how or what it just looks too restrained and awkward in it's movements to me. I used to play with a marionette as a kid my mom kept in a glass case. I wasn't supposed to but that never stopped me :blush: . Anyway, I remember the difficulty in touching a surface just right to walk convincingly.

Your the first peron to see this ever Contrary...

???

• Like 1

I am completely unsure of this video. There are some others around the web, one in particular that is a night vision camera that shows 2 creatures but I've caught some rumblings that that one is a hoax. Im not making immediate jump to "alien" but apparently similar beings have been described in earlier California lore about guardians of the forest. Idk doesn't seem possible that anything could live without a torso but then again, do paranormal creatures "live" in the conventional sense? And the lzck of torso would explain the strange gait. Not saying this footage is real. Just saying it's some of the creepiest I've seen and would like an explanation.

• Like 1

Guest Nathan DiYorio

Assuming it is an alien, the bizarre walking could easily be the result of being in an alien environment. If you go walking around in places that don't suit your natural needs very well (A desert or frigid poles) you will soon be dragging yourself by the ankles.

Assuming it is an alien, the bizarre walking could easily be the result of being in an alien environment. If you go walking around in places that don't suit your natural needs very well (A desert or frigid poles) you will soon be dragging yourself by the ankles.

See, I don't think it is an alien at all realy. Most people just think "ET" automatically when something foreign is involved :alien::no: . I think this is more of a spiritual thing, like the legend says. Legends come from somewhere, and the natives hold alot of secrets to the land. Some automatically dismiss the legends, but their anscestors and people have records. It's crazy! Your right, I would be freezing and probably just rolling around stuck

I am completely unsure of this video. There are some others around the web, one in particular that is a night vision camera that shows 2 creatures but I've caught some rumblings that that one is a hoax. Im not making immediate jump to "alien" but apparently similar beings have been described in earlier California lore about guardians of the forest. Idk doesn't seem possible that anything could live without a torso but then again, do paranormal creatures "live" in the conventional sense? And the lzck of torso would explain the strange gait. Not saying this footage is real. Just saying it's some of the creepiest I've seen and would like an explanation.

I agree also, especially with all of the hoaxing going on. This video has some fake quaity, but the imaging is remarkable from a photographic standpoint. People can't debunk it :unsure2: , and that is something I feel is a bit off and odd, people can dismiss personally, but people have tried (professionals) and can't explain the video. The first one in California, the one that Fact or faked couldn't explain, was more convincing. The second one is harder to really understand... maybe its a creature that can only be seen through a different kind of eye. But the filters he ran in the redwood forest video were spot on.

Edited by Jessem
  • Like 1

Guest Nathan DiYorio

Even if it were a spiritual being, its place of origin would not be our plane of existence. So it would still be an alien being out of its habitat.

Omg! I remember that episode, what a freaky looking thing ay! A friend and I were at work once freaking out about a bollard on the security camera after watching that haha...