Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Landlord discovers 40 yrs of hoarded rubbish

Still Waters

A landlord spent £450,000 buying a house at auction without setting foot inside it - and then discovered it was piled five feet deep in decades-worth of rubbish.

Property developer Mehmet Koch, 33, bought the terraced house in north London as an investment with his brother Abbas.

The elderly couple who lived there had not let him through the door, so when he finally got the keys this week he was shocked to discover the house was so packed, he could barely get up the stairs.

http://www.dailymail...ht-viewing.html

lovley

I know it is an illness, but I'd get so frustrated trying to move around, I couldn't take it anymore. And they were elderly, although some elderly are more agile than I am!

Wow. Why do people do that? >_<

All I can think about is: BUGS! Eewwww, what would be under all that stuff?

I hope they sort the rubbish carefully.. There might be some valuable items mixed in with it all.

They're just, what they call 'hoarders.' There'd be stuff dating back to the 60's, 70's and 80's, which would be quite interesting. Not so much the 90's because that wasn't all that long ago, for me.

hey guys! venice was built on garbage! and rome was one of the dirtiest ancient cities and they did pretty well give a guy a break why dont ya! lol jokes thats just down right nasty how could some one possibly live in that, not to be rude but there was a guy that hoarded that lived next to me and my children for a while, he also never showered or changed his clothes, he would walk by while we were outside and the smell was enough to make my kids put their candy down, im not judging them bot how could you stand that? it amazes me, the human condition is a facinating one indeed

• Like 1

Live in? No way.

Live next to? No thank you.

But... I have to admit I think it would be really quite neat to get access to one of these houses and go treasure hunting in it. They probably have all sorts of interesting vintage collectibles and stuff buried in there.

Of course, there is a big difference between hoarding STUFF and letting garbage pile up.