Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Will Carothers

The True Story of La Bete du Gevaudan

12 posts in this topic

Last year I produced this documentary focusing on the beast of Gevaudan. (This was created for National History Day and I made it to state with this video) Let me know what you think...

(Please forgive the overdramatism)

And here is the video I produced this year, with which I placed 4th at nationals in Washington DC

(I know that its content does not fit into the context of the forum, but I hope you enjoy either way. I prefer this to my one from last year)

I liked the Shakespeare video. It's engaging, kept my interest. :tu:

1 person likes this

Thanks for "La Bete de Gevaudan". It's awesome imo that you produced that yourself. I always wondered who or what the beast was.

1 person likes this

Some rumors said it rested on the edge of windows to peep inside and some people had heard it swearing, I know. But these affirmations had been more probably invented to prove the beast was the devil in person, in the disguise of a huge wolf. People didn't really think it could be a "garou". The beast had been dissecated and then stuffed after Jean Chastel sent the body to versailles , if I remember well.

The studies of its skeletton showed some diiferences from a wolf (shorter snout, larger jaws, teeth at different places than a wolf's ones,...) but we were closer from a dog than a beast of brayroad skelleton. Sciences actually admited it was probably a wolf-dog breed.

Your documentary is pretty cool, anyway.

Cave lion?

Will, you should check out the Monster Talk podcast. They did a couple of episodes last year on the BOG and wolf predation in general.

It was really fascinating.

Last year I produced this documentary focusing on the beast of Gevaudan. (This was created for National History Day and I made it to state with this video) Let me know what you think...

(Please forgive the overdramatism)

And here is the video I produced this year, with which I placed 4th at nationals in Washington DC

(I know that its content does not fit into the context of the forum, but I hope you enjoy either way. I prefer this to my one from last year)

[media=]

I actually saw that show and they came to the decision that it was a trained dog that chastel was using and killed to make himself appear as a heroic figure. I think they said it could have been a kind of hyena although it wasn't known how he came into possession of a hyena

IMG_7312-300x200.jpgthey can chew through bone to
1 person likes this

Slightly off topic, but i guess having a tamed Hyena isn't totally out of the question in certain terms...In this age anyways maybe not back then

http://www.google.co...-2.html;512;640

lol

Thanks, but I'll pass (on having a hyena for a pet). Those that do, more power to them...I hope it works out for them. Seriously.

1 person likes this

Thanks, but I'll pass (on having a hyena for a pet). Those that do, more power to them...I hope it works out for them. Seriously.

It begs the question can you really domesticate a wild animal or just tame them

It begs the question can you really domesticate a wild animal or just tame them

To me, and I could be way off, domestication is the work of generations. You breed an animal to have certain traits that make it an ideal pet or stock animal. Taming is taking a wild creature and through punishment and rewards making that animal more tolerant of humans, but it does not have those inbred traits of say a dog which are the product of generations of selective breeding.

Could you tame a wolf? Yes. Could you tame a wild sheep? Yes. Are they domesticated like a dog or farm sheep? No.