Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The case for reincarnation

RedHouseHendrix

This first life was hard enough. I don't wanna HAVE to do it all over again because some people's life really SUCKS. I don't wanna draw that short straw.

• Like 1

No, I'm too high strung and combative for Buddhism. ;)

I've read some on Buddhism, but for some reason I can't get past the sky burial stuff. I want my remains put into the ground next to my family members who have died before me, and all in one piece, thank you, with the flesh still on it. Maybe I don't know where my spirit will be, but I want to know that my body will be there in the spot that's waiting for me. If reincarnation is a real thing, and I do hope it is, I look forward to another life. A friend told me she believes that our souls can float around among the stars for a while, as that is part of the afterlife. That would suit me just fine, too. Time marches on, and inevitably we will all die. Some are closer to that than others. I am old and set in my ways, and looking toward the end with kind of sidelong glances once in a while.

I've been studying Buddhism for 3 years and I have never heard of sky burial. Sorry, I don't know what you are talking about. Where did you hear that term?

No, I'm too high strung and combative for Buddhism. ;)

I think you should at least read the article that I provided, see if there is anything to it. If you don't believe it then fine. Believe me I was way more combative and high strung than you several years ago and had a huge ego not to mention I was an athiest. Several things pointed me to Buddhism which I won't go into but one of them was rebirth...like you I certainly didn't want to go through this again especially considering my life is better than probably 90% of the people in this world and I couldn't imagine going through the suffer that so many people around this planet go through. Are you just hoping nothing happens to you after you die or do you believe in god? It's worth your time to look into rebirth and Buddhism or the way I see it you can go through this again and possibly under much worse circumstances. I wish the best for you.

I'm just curious....does anybody read the articles provided? This is my second post here and it seems no one wants to read the articles but only wants to make flippant comments. Good luck to you all....I hope you find what your looking for and it is in your best interest whatever it may be.

If you would Google sky burial you would see many sites and even photos. Basically it's defleshing the bones of corpses and feeding them to vultures. This is practiced primarily by Tibetan Buddhists, which is the type of Buddhism I was reading about. I did read your articles, and they are very long. People have a tendency to lose interest reading long articles, especially people who are not interested in the subject matter.

As a Pagan reincarnation is part of the belief system. I think the light people see when they are die is rebirth. Just make sure there isn't a garbage dump on the other side.

I like the idea of sky bural. Count Crows did a song that talked about it.

[media=]

[/media]

edit to add I think that is best rendition of that I have ever heard.

Edited by Darkwind

Having investigated many belief systems throughout the years and having come across Buddhism several times, the conclusion is that it isn't for me. I respect your beliefs, but don't espouse them. That's all I should have said, but I did read his articles.