Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cigar Shaped UFO's

A couple of interesting clips caught my eye.

First some recent sightings from different parts of the world:

These clips reminded me of a couple of classic sightings from a long time ago:

Russian military:

The cigar shape has been synonymous with the UFO phenomena as much as flying saucer's themselves. Here is one from the 60's:

Finally one of my favourite all time sightings is Tim Edwards' famous footage from Sileda Colorado in 1995:

A most interesting aspect to the phenomena not least because of the unlikely aerodynamic characteristics of the cigar shape in the orientations that we see them.

Here is another excellent case. This sighting was witnessed close up by a family in Barry County Missouri in 1978. A pryamid UFO merges with a large cylindrical craft which then takes off at high speed:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=228276&st=2265&p=4466000entry4466000

Kindly read ALL the comments under that vid on YT..., when you think you have read all, choose, 'show more'

yeah i remember that clip ! it was all over the news ! and they still dont know what it was !

for me all of these clips are proof of alien life !

it cannot be a coincident that people are recording and seing the same things in the sky all over the world in different year times !

zoser .. the world is not ready yet ! they need to be saved first to overcome the fear of the unknown ! then they ll be able to accept the truth !

they ll always try searching for an excuse to breath !

• Like 1

Swamp gas

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Try avoiding swamp food, and take a dose of antacid.

And when tempted to post silly oneliners, maybe think twice no matter how deserving the thread is...

• Like 1

Kindly read ALL the comments under that vid on YT..., when you think you have read all, choose, 'show more'

Very simple:

The YouTube commentators were not there. I prefer to listen to the people who were.

yeah i remember that clip ! it was all over the news ! and they still dont know what it was !

it cannot be a coincident that people are recording and seing the same things in the sky all over the world in different year times !

zoser .. the world is not ready yet ! they need to be saved first to overcome the fear of the unknown ! then they ll be able to accept the truth !

One must ask the serious question that if they are not real then what could be happening?

Is it that a major worldwide hoax is being perpetuated by rural folk in he US, the Russian Air force, and in other areas to create fake cigar shaped ufo's?

Not feasible to me I'm afraid.

Listen again to the people from Barry County. It left the same kind of trace evidence witnessed from other landings. Not faked.

Is it that a major worldwide hoax is being perpetuated by rural folk in he US, the Russian Air force, and in other areas to create fake cigar shaped ufo's?

More like a worldwide hoax to drive YouTube hits and impress gullible people.

• Like 1

Fallacy of the unincluded third possibility, although here the third, fourth, fifth, sixth, . . ..

Very simple:

The YouTube commentators were not there. I prefer to listen to the people who were.

HAVE IT YOU WAY THEN, AND KEEP POSTING BAD TASTE CLIPS. Because the clip you posted, while edited - was responsible for the deaths of 85 people, incl kids, and injured 100 more.

NOT ONE person at the show, blamed it on UFO's, so you prefer to listen to those who were there eh? Even when NOT ONE OF THEM BLAMED OR SAW UFO'S? Well I guess that means you will be apologizing to them also for posting a bad taste clip? And issuing flowers to the bereaved?

One key comment had you bothered to read before posting said

"Go on liveleak search ''graphic'' that a$$hole pilot killed a ton of children  pulling out of a stunt over airshow . No UFO, the pilot ejected and walked away after shredding airshow onlookers."

And a 10 second bit of research, had you even bothered, brings us the full version of the vid along with this:

"The Sknyliv airshow disaster occurred on July 27, 2002, when a Ukrainian Air Force Sukhoi Su-27 of the Ukrainian Falcons crashed during an aerobatics presentation at Sknyliv airfield (now known as Lviv International Airport) near Lviv, Ukraine. 85 people were killed, and over 100 injured. The crash remains the world's worst airshow accident to date".

"While the pilots were assigned the majority of the blame, which included accusations of attempting maneuvers that they were not experienced with, Toponar had requested an additional training flight at the airfield where the display was to be performed; this request was denied

(text from liveleak tho Im providing a cleaner link below)

http://www.dailymail...negligence.html

well done oh Warrior of Truth, fantastic research yet again

Edited by seeder

HAVE IT YOU WAY THEN, AND KEEP POSTING BAD TASTE CLIPS. Because the clip you posted, while edited - was responsible for the deaths of 85 people, incl kids, and injured 100 more.

NOT ONE person at the show, blamed it on UFO's, so you prefer to listen to those who were there eh? Well I guess that means you will be apologizing to them also for posting a bad taste clip? And issuing flowers to the bereaved?

One key comment had you bothered to read before posting said

"Go on liveleak search ''graphic'' that a$$hole pilot killed a ton of children  pulling out of a stunt over airshow . No UFO, the pilot ejected and walked away after shredding airshow onlookers."

And a 10 second bit of research, had you even bothered, brings us the full version of the vid along with this:

"The Sknyliv airshow disaster occurred on July 27, 2002, when a Ukrainian Air Force Sukhoi Su-27 of the Ukrainian Falcons crashed during an aerobatics presentation at Sknyliv airfield (now known as Lviv International Airport) near Lviv, Ukraine. 85 people were killed, and over 100 injured. The crash remains the world's worst airshow accident to date".

"While the pilots were assigned the majority of the blame, which included accusations of attempting maneuvers that they were not experienced with, Toponar had requested an additional training flight at the airfield where the display was to be performed; this request was denied

(text from liveleak tho Im providing a cleaner link below)

http://www.dailymail...negligence.html

well done oh Warrior of Truth, fantastic research yet again

I only posted a few video's about cigar shaped UFO's!

Can't see why you are getting so upset.

Have you bothered to look at the others? Have you bothered to compare the similarities? I recommend that you do.

Edited by zoser

A Mylar tube ! Or sometimes known as a Diddler to the God`s !

:tu:

A Mylar tube ! Or sometimes known as a Diddler to the God`s !

:tu:

like these solar balloons! Keep watching, it does fly away eventually

like these solar balloons! Keep watching, it does fly away eventually

How good are they at outrunning Russian MIG's?

Much more common than I realised. Perhaps the most common of modern UFO sightings?

[media=]

[/media] Edited by zoser

Since one person here is prone to taking the word of youtube viewers as gospel, here is a comment from the above clip:

i saw one here in panama city beach florida it sat in the same spot for 10 minuttes and then took off like light speed i think its goverment spieing on us like a drone these cigar shaped ufos are weird no engines at all how does it move!!??

Reasons why I think they are not blimps:

1) This one from Germany is moving too fast:

2) This one from Brazil seems to have consistent axial rotation:

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v50T6V-OHfk

3) Blimps don't outrun MIG fighter jets.

4) The Barry County UFO took off at high speed once it had received it's probe (see post No 2).

5) Tim Edwards sighting clearly had strobe lighting and according to his account it moved almost instantaneously from place to place in the sky.

Edited by zoser

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYZgt07pn1Q

Some interesting correlation for the Tim Edwards' sighting from the above clip:

i witnessed this one in Augusta Ga. i held my pinky finger to get an idea of the scale of it.

my ex-wife had brought it to my attention pointing in the sky and asking what it was. i am a former military firefighter and have never seen anything like it

Not true. The sighting was witnessed by 23 people. I know because I found 5 of them interviewed most of them. The small objects are particulate matter, rag weed and some insects floating by in the wind.

Tons of footage and scores of testimonies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QonyC7dsYE

I saw one of these ships in my front yard in 2009. I was scared **** less! I was doing my hair in the mirror around 9pm at night -and I have this habit where I look out the window multiple times a day to check when someone comes back home- and I saw what appeared to be a "star" hovering closely to the house.It didn't move or anything, just was there. I went outside to investigate and immediately to my right,I saw a cigar ship floating about 30 feet off the ground,and it was huge! Scary night.

Is this youtube Im reading or UM? Hey zoser why not post another 20 vids over the next 2 pages? You always were one for quantity over quality :tu:

Is this one similar to Tim Edwards' sighting?

Just saw one of these 8;40am north east England, watched move slowly from south to north west, took a couple of minutes, told my mother, she saw it as well. It had no wings, I suppose it could have been a space rocket, but it would have to have been launched in Western England, and it travelled horizontally not vertically.

Is this youtube Im reading or UM? Hey zoser why not post another 20 vids over the next 2 pages? You always were one for quantity over quality :tu:

Just correlating a wide variety of clips and testimonies and looking for correlation.

Then I'll leave you guys to analyse as you please.

Imho this is an unresearched gold mine.