Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Your cat isn't totally ignoring you

Still Waters

Cats may try to hide their true feelings, but a recent study found that cats do actually pay attention to their owners, distinguishing them from all other people.

The study, which will be published in the July issue of Animal Cognition, is one of the few to examine the cat/human social dynamic from the feline's perspective. Cats may not do what we tell them to, but they usually adore their human caretakers.

http://www.nbcnews.c...ally-6C10463618

• Like 2

My little darling has me wrapped right around her little paw.

• Like 1

My cat listens to me. He just doesn't care what I say. :)

Of course not, he's a cat...and you're simply a mere human.

• Like 3

Mamma kitty, was an allycat. My cat dude as inviting her to dinner. I saw her once when I went to feed my cats on the back porch. She took off but I was able to call her back. I didn't try to pet her for a couple of months. But she got comfertable with me sitting by the food bowl. Two years later I was sitting at the table on the porch. I tapped on the table for her to jump up, so I could pet her. You could she was thinking it over before she decided to trust me.

Not, long after that she started coming into the house to sleep with me. So I got a liter box. I would put the liter in the box and smooth it. Her baby girl at that time would then get in and rearrange it to her liking.. ittook me three years to make mamma kitty a good house cat.

• Like 1

The differnce between dogs and cats. Dogs think we own them. Cats know they owns us.

• Like 2

Cats have so many personalities just like dogs. We had one who though quite physically aloof, responded vocally every time you spoke to him. He also understood a bit of English and obeyed beyond any cat we've ever had. it was quite remarkable, even compared to some dogs.

We had another cat who was super friendly yet barely responded to her own name, but was not deaf.

Just like dogs- two in the same household, raised together, even the same breed, can be polar opposites.

I love each of our pets idiosyncrasies and differences and they graciously put up with mine! :)

• Like 2

Mamma kitty, was an allycat. My cat dude as inviting her to dinner. I saw her once when I went to feed my cats on the back porch. She took off but I was able to call her back. I didn't try to pet her for a couple of months. But she got comfertable with me sitting by the food bowl. Two years later I was sitting at the table on the porch. I tapped on the table for her to jump up, so I could pet her. You could she was thinking it over before she decided to trust me.

Not, long after that she started coming into the house to sleep with me. So I got a liter box. I would put the liter in the box and smooth it. Her baby girl at that time would then get in and rearrange it to her liking.. ittook me three years to make mamma kitty a good house cat.

Good for you! It can take patience. We had a feral cat and she tried but never lost her fear. Yet she was always around wherever the family was gathered. I loved her, and then our ______________ of a neighbor critically wounded her and we had to put her to sleep. I'd have glady put our nieghbor to sleep if I could.

• Like 1

Oh, QC; that is so sad. And people call animals "dumb." I hope the neighbor's karma turns around and bites them good.

• Like 1