Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

School classes suspended over ‘evil spirits'

Still Waters

Classes were suspended Thursday at Isaac Lopez Integrated School in Mandaluyong City after around 20 students aged between 12 and 16 started acting strangely—screaming, crying, fainting and convulsing—prompting claims that they were possessed by evil spirits.

Julie Esparagoza, a Grade 8 teacher at the public school, said the incident started shortly after 9 a.m. and initially involved two girls from her section.

She said that she and her students were in a classroom when one of the girls suddenly stood up and began acting strangely while the other lost consciousness.

http://newsinfo.inqu...er-evil-spirits

• Like 3

There's a lot of it about.

The church worker said that several balete trees were cut down at the school only recently to give way to the construction of a covered court. This may have angered some spirits, the worker added.

Or angered a flesh and blood crytpid imo. The LB's live in trees as well as underground recesses etc.

Balete_from_Forest_of_the_Philippines_plate8_part2.jpg

Although it could be the others..

Edited by RingFenceTheCity
  • Like 2

Ya know when I was in school, we didn't do the mass hysteria thing to get classes canceled. That just got you sent to the office- principal or nurse.

• Like 3

I guess nobody thought to check for some kind of gas, the water or what they had for lunch. If that happen here in the States they would close the school until they figured out what happen.

Ya know when I was in school, we didn't do the mass hysteria thing to get classes canceled. That just got you sent to the office- principal or nurse.

In the early 70's in the south it was a quick call in of a bomb threat - school's out! :)
  • Like 1

Maybe by cutting down the trees they disturbed one or more spirits. Then when they had the seance it gave the spirits even more strength. It could of been an elaborate hoax just to get out of school too. I see both as possible.

Maybe by cutting down the trees they disturbed one or more spirits. Then when they had the seance it gave the spirits even more strength. It could of been an elaborate hoax just to get out of school too. I see both as possible.

i agree

I would guess the kids were faking it or another case of mass hysteria in school kids

mass hysteria is a terrible force

• Like 1

hmmm This is the second incident Ive seen, though Im sure there is more. Hu, Well I guess I was right when I said in these next three months there will be a lot of Paranormal activity. I didn't think it would be quite like this.

I have personal experience of such mass hysteria in school and its hard to believe it to be hoaxes ... things I've seen ... the human mind is very fragile when open in certain circumstances , maybe that's why it is taught to be closed just to be safe, but a close mind brings with it more complications ...

At the time one of the girls seemingly under a trance just straight out told one of the teachers that his parent will die before the day is out and it turned out true ...

The common thing I see here is there were construction done to a part of the old school where I was ... made national headlines too then , strange to remember now.

Whenever we do construction work here on untouched land ... we still do the whole ritual thing according to known rites of the major religions, and more sometimes, just to be safe ...

~

• Like 1

I have personal experience ..

The common thing I see here is there were construction done to a part of the old school where I was ... made national headlines too then , strange to remember now.

Whenever we do construction work here on untouched land ... we still do the whole ritual thing according to known rites of the major religions, and more sometimes, just to be safe ...

Yes, I think you're on to something here third-eye. It's a shame the west has lost this kind of tradition.

The electricity board is cutting down swathes of trees beside powerlines. They have changed from a 2yr prune policy to a 15 year policy. Huge mature tress are marked for felling where I volunteered in Cornwall. I fear that the same retributions will occur here in the UK too.

• Like 1

At the time one of the girls seemingly under a trance just straight out told one of the teachers that his parent will die before the day is out and it turned out true ...

How did she kill him?

• Like 1

I've been sent home once or twice through the effects of spirits, but it was mainly gin and vodka. As for cutting down trees and visiting graveyards, do grow up. This is 2013. Instead of encouraging those kids' superstitious hysteria by taking them to church, they should have given them all a detention writing lines: I must not imitate Linda Blair ever again.

What. This seems like a normal teen setup to me. And Iv'e never heard a cop say that sort of stuff. Ever.

Dang. Never went through that in school.

Hope the docs will figure it out.

Yes, I think you're on to something here third-eye. It's a shame the west has lost this kind of tradition.

The electricity board is cutting down swathes of trees beside powerlines. They have changed from a 2yr prune policy to a 15 year policy. Huge mature tress are marked for felling where I volunteered in Cornwall. I fear that the same retributions will occur here in the UK too.

15 years in UK is alright I guess ... here in the tropics we still have those really old ones ... where the people would not touch and usually you'll see altars dedicated to it in some or another. THere is an old flame of the forest right at the historical junction of town once was struck by lightning, for months it looked like the tree would die and they were considering cutting it down, it was in a center of a round about. As soon as the contractors and crew got in the heavy machinery to the work on the clearing around it, it started sprouting green. Needless to say they hauled themselves out of there double quick. :lol:

How did she kill him?

NObody killed anybody, I was about fifteen then, the story I heard was due to an auto accident. It was a premonition if you will.

~

I don't think it's "evil" per se. But I can't say it's a hoax either, since I've had experienced once before when I was a tween, although while alone. It's uncontrollable and really scary.

This happened in my country and this isn't the first time similar curcumstances have happened. I myself have been a witness of a possesion, I close friend of my hubby and I as well as my cousin during her youn ger years were possesed by entities called "tikbalang" and "kapre".

Edited by Kissmet
  • Like 2

Classes were suspended Thursday at Isaac Lopez Integrated School in Mandaluyong City after around 20 students aged between 12 and 16 started acting strangely—screaming, crying, fainting and convulsing—prompting claims that they were possessed by evil spirits.

Well, immediately two things have got into my mind. First of them is that all of the students can have a silent agreement to behave strangely, and the second of them is that they all were influenced by some chemical and/or demonical things and similarly.

• 3 months later...

And just another reason why I do my schoolwork online.

Wouldnt something that possessed you want to keep it secret? They wouldnt stand up and say im possessed

• 1 month later...

Iv'e never heard a cop say that sort of stuff. Ever.

Because you live in the mainstream western world. Many, many other people don't. Compared to what the rest of the world believes, western cynicism may well be the minority. Sure, they have their share of hoaxes and groundless hysteria, but it isn't the taboo that it is in the western world, which makes for a whole different reality.

Gawd, are you lot serious?

Schoolkids possessed by evil spirits?

Here, you're going to need this too.

flashlight%20face.jpg