Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

historic conspiracy theories?

kannin

any body know of any historic conspiracy theories circa lets say 1700 to late 1800s? dont want to google it because I want to see what people know

• Like 1

Did Robert Dudley have his wife Amy murdered so that he could marry Elizabeth I, and did she know about it?

slightly before your timeline, but not by too much :)

• Like 1

no time line is fine aslong as its not modern but thats a good one for sure

Queen Elizabeth was a guy.

Freemasons and Illuminati- not positive if that counts for the time frame or not.

Salem witch trials- not sure if that counts as a CT.

Privateers vs pirates- not sure if that counts as a CT either.

There were a bunch of hoaxes, but I don't think those count as CT's?

• Like 1

people actually thought queen eli was a man? rofl

people actually thought queen eli was a man? rofl

Yeah, supposedly she died of a childhood illness, the local kid that most closely matched her for a quick replacement was a boy.. and the rest is history, lol.

Yeah, supposedly she died of a childhood illness, the local kid that most closely matched her for a quick replacement was a boy.. and the rest is history, lol.

SHE WAS NEVER MARRIED SO IT MAKES PERFECT SENSE!

well she does kinda look like a man, all hunch backed and stuff now, hmmm makes sense thanx rashore that has given me something to research for sure! rashore takes the cake on this thread for sure

well she does kinda look like a man, all hunch backed and stuff now, hmmm makes sense thanx rashore that has given me something to research for sure! rashore takes the cake on this thread for sure

Nah, just a CT among many... wait for more posts before you say I take the thread... Bet there is way better that hasn't been posted yet.

The smallpox infected blankets given to the Native Americans

1898 .. The explosion on the U.S.S. Maine was theorized, by elements of our government, to have been a conspiracy carried out by commie guerrillas ( the alqaeiouda of the day)

Some disagreed and more than one investigation was launched into the cause. The second most popular , and probably more likely theory, was spontaneous combustion of coal dust .

http://www.history.n...aqs/faq71-1.htm

"In 1911 the Navy Department ordered a second board of inquiry after Congress voted funds for the removal of the wreck of Maine from Havana Harbor. U.S. Army engineers built a cofferdam around the sunken battleship, thus exposing it, and giving naval investigators an opportunity to examine and photograph the wreckage in detail. Finding the bottom hull plates in the area of the reserve six-inch magazine bent inward and back, the 1911 board concluded that a mine had detonated under the magazine, causing the explosion that destroyed the ship.

Technical experts at the time of both investigations disagreed with the findings, believing that spontaneous combustion of coal in the bunker adjacent to the reserve six-inch magazine was the most likely cause of the explosion on board the ship. In 1976, Admiral Hyman G. Rickover published his book, How the Battleship Maine Was Destroyed. The admiral became interested in the disaster and wondered if the application of modern scientific knowledge could determine the cause. He called on two experts on explosions and their effects on ship hulls. Using documentation gathered from the two official inquiries, as well as information on the construction and ammunition of Maine, the experts concluded that the damage caused to the ship was inconsistent with the external explosion of a mine. The most likely cause, they speculated, was spontaneous combustion of coal in the bunker next to the magazine."

Edited by lightly

Are you looking specifically for conspiracy theories concieved in the past or just any concerning the past?

Edit: You did say historic rather than historical so I'm assuming the former but I just wanted to clarify.

Edited by Oniomancer

Are you looking specifically for conspiracy theories concieved in the past or just any concerning the past?

Edit: You did say historic rather than historical so I'm assuming the former but I just wanted to clarify.

any

SHE WAS NEVER MARRIED SO IT MAKES PERFECT SENSE!

She never married true, but she did have many lovers and was known to be quite a nymphomaniac.

She never married true, but she did have many lovers and was known to be quite a nymphomaniac.

so wrong on so many different levels

How about Abe Lincoln supposedly sanctioning an assassination attempt on Jeff Davis?

How about Abe Lincoln supposedly sanctioning an assassination attempt on Jeff Davis?

oh thats a goody

Ok, then the obvious ones are,

Shakespeare's plays were written by pretty much anybody except Shakespeare, most notably Francis Bacon.

Jack the Ripper was really Queen's Victoria's son

The Lincoln assassination was not a confederate plot but organized by members of his own staff.

• Like 1

Ok, then the obvious ones are,

Shakespeare's plays were written by pretty much anybody except Shakespeare, most notably Francis Bacon.

Jack the Ripper was really Queen's Victoria's son

The Lincoln assassination was not a confederate plot but organized by members of his own staff.

the francis bacon one is highly interesting i remember watching a special on it, very interesting stuff

ment gross wise was a sarcastic remark saying ewww didnt need to know that or picture it lol

No I knew you didnt mean anything by it I just thought it was funny that that was the first article I found when doing some research on the topic.