Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO's South Africa?

Paranormalfreak

Hi I'm new to this site, very interesting especially peoples opinions and stories, just wanted to find out the take of people on the sightings we have been having in SA, my family has been a magnet for strange things and this is an email my mom sent me this morning and wondered if anybody has seen or heard anything

." 6 June 2013....4 mile - size UFO hovered off shore Simontown naval base..in night there was smaller triangular ufo shot at big one above naval base...they took 40min video..was put on you tube..cape town has its own UFO blog cause of all sightings that area. Naval base denies it.. says it was practice..times given not right...was seen by 2 many people...my UFO site uforsa not had any activity since 15th June Standing still....cape town UFO blog says sites blocked till 1st July tried to open video on you tube, but couldn't,.our priests son theo; to says his dad has video and reports massive UFOs hovering over earth for long time.

Something definitely going on.see what u can find out.lots major reports on this incident on Google tried open many as i could....remember that report i read of red cloud outside bloemfontein..people sat for 4 hours watching the UFOs flying in and out cloud to bloemfontein direction, and back into cloud...there's too many reports this year for coincidence...the ufos are becoming too visual , too much and showing their shapes now in most uforsas reports...they want us to see them...also why do u and i feel something big going on?????check out what u can...let me know....love you."

welcome to UM!

Very interesting.

Welcome to UM.

Edited by libstaK
already moved
  • Like 1

Very interesting.

Welcome to UM.

Welcome to UM, not to be confused with the red queens name for alice from the recent "Alice and wonderland Movie."

Very Interesting story. I will have check this out.

• Like 1

Very interesting indeed. A 4 mile sized ufo, would have to be one of the biggest I have ever heard of.

Ok some actual links based on the search phrase "south africa 4 mile wide ufo"

Enormous 4 Mile Wide UFO Sighting In Simon's Town, South Africa

A 4 mile wide UFO sighting in the small Naval village called Simon's Town has the Counter Intelligence Agency of South Africa's attention and are currently investigating the incident.

"Worldnews Tomorrow reports that on April 6, 2013 an estimated 4 mile wide UFO hovered over the naval base for about 40 minutes, about 1 mile off shore. A local resident captured the event on infrared camera because it was not visible to the naked eye. Worldews reports that the naval base welcomed the gigantic UFO with 100's of rounds of what seems to be flares.

The video was shot a about 40 miles away across False Bay. In the beginning of the video you can see what looks like the naval base firing at the UFO. Exactly what they are firing I cannot tell, whether they are flares or anti aircraft shells it seems to take no effect on the UFO. In this part of the video you cannot see the presence of a UFO until he switches to the infrared video. You cannot make out any conclusive shape of the UFO but you can definitely tell there is something above the naval base.You can certainly see there is a large dark mass with several rows of lights steadily hovering in the night sky. The naval base initially denied any activity going on in the bay area but soon gave another statement saying that they was performing some drills that particular evening between 8 and 9 pm. Just for the record this video was shot between 9 and 10 pm. Local residents say they have never seen the naval base partake in any such drills in the past.

Some are claiming there are 2 UFOs in this video and the smaller one is firing upon the larger one, but from what I can see there is only one and the shots are being fired from the ground. Take a look at this enormous 4 mile wide UFO in the video below. -

http://anythingufo.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/enormous-4-mile-wide-ufo-sighting-in.html

this is the vid linked to in the above article. I remain totally unimpressed however

And Im suspicious of this phrase: -

"A local resident captured the event on infrared camera because it was not visible to the naked eye"....

alrighty...then how did they know there was anything there to film in the first place, if it wasn't visible to the eye?.

??

eta: PLUS...its a vid from April, not July, as per the story

""Worldnews Tomorrow reports that on April 6, 2013 an estimated 4 mile wide UFO hovered over the naval base for about 40 minutes"

eta again:

UFO-0003.jpg

"The video captured by a resident shows an object that could be either cylindrical or “V” shaped directly above the sea, while flairs are shot at it. The UFO made no sound and was about a mile offshore".

http://www.ascension...s-hundreds.html

What military would fire flares at something? Not buying it, sorry.

If they fired flares, its probably flares thats to be seen...

Edited by seeder

Lastly then this story said:

"The video was shot a about 40 miles away across False Bay"

http://anythingufo.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/enormous-4-mile-wide-ufo-sighting-in.html

then this version says

"The UFO made no sound and was about a mile offshore".

http://www.ascensionwithearth.com/2013/04/naval-base-in-cape-town-fires-hundreds.html

:whistle:

Welcome to UM! I am also new as you can see! :clap:

• Like 1

Very interesting indeed. A 4 mile sized ufo, would have to be one of the biggest I have ever heard of.

There might be bigger ones than that? :yes:

Welcome to UM! I am also new as you can see! :clap:

welcome. When did you land? :lol:

Big is Good in the World Of Space travel.IT allows for room to trot around in while traveling the Light years between star systems. If such a thing is actually happening?

But Welcome to the Forum you Guys ! Keep Looking Up ! a 4 mile in size Start ship Will be quite easy to Prove some day ! :tu:

welcome. When did you land? :lol:

I landed yesterdaay! :alien::yes:

Big is Good in the World Of Space travel.IT allows for room to trot around in while traveling the Light years between star systems. If such a thing is actually happening?

But Welcome to the Forum you Guys ! Keep Looking Up ! a 4 mile in size Start ship Will be quite easy to Prove some day ! :tu:

that is very true! :)

Welcome Paranormalfreak, thanks for the interesting post. And welcome to EmeralVines too. :)

The flickering and parallel-horizontal orientation of the lights suggests a severe mirage. There is also a possibility that some of the flickering is exaggerated by the light source's heterodyning with the camera's shutter.

• Like 1