Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dive-bombing seagulls stop postmen delivering

Still Waters

Officials at Royal Mail said postmen have been injured by the swooping birds who dive-bomb and peck at their heads.

It is thought the gulls are launching their attacks to protect nests and are being relied by the postal workers' brightly-coloured uniforms.

Royal Mail has now ruled the gulls are a health and safety risk and have told residents at Liskey Hill Crescent, Perranporth, Cornwall, to collect their letters from a nearby post office.

http://www.telegraph...deliveries.html

like i said just the other day i saw one swoop down and steal a poor little girsl sandwitch they are rude birds

I was dive-bombed by a seagull once, but it was just trying to protect it's nest which I couldn't see at the time. It doesn't matter; it was the right thing for the seagull to do.

like i said just the other day i saw one swoop down and steal a poor little girsl sandwitch they are rude birds

No, people keep chucking food away in towns and urban places and not putting in the bins. As years go by seagulls and other birds realise humans wont attack and so they will become more smarter and wont have to travel to the sea for food. If people did not litter, this won't be happening

What a bunch of babies. Our posties deal with swooping Magpies every year - solution? Wear a helmet, they should be anyway if they are on a bike or scooter as ours usually are.

Here you go:

Edited by libstaK
  • Like 1