Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Religionist meets god...

Zaphod222

Inspired by a topic started today, I would like to offer a variation of the same...

Imagine if you will a hypothetical situation, (please don't argue the possibility or impossibility of such an encounter)....

After having lived a full and plentiful life as a faithful believer in Jesus, Moses, or Mohammed, you die, and much to your surprise, there is God waiting to for you... :santa:... but the god is Huitzilopochtli, the ancient god of the Aztecs, who preceded the above mentioned characters by a long time.

He looks at you and asks.... What have you got to say for yourself?

How would you answer?

• Like 1

I would say "would it be ok if I call you H?"

Oh dear, I don't think he is on my list. :unsure2:

I'm pretty sure that Moses came way before old Huitzi did... In fact, Jesus and Mohammed most likely were before him as well...

• Like 1

I would say: Funny, did not expect to meet YOU here....

I would say, "You sure let the Aztecs down. What do you have to say for yourself for that failure?"

I'm pretty sure that Moses came way before old Huitzi did... In fact, Jesus and Mohammed most likely were before him as well...

What does age have to do with it. The native Americans had a rich and full culture long before your little books. They had their own books. To bad the people who had one book burned most of most of the books of their victims.

• Like 3

Oh great thats all we need, H, Jesus, Moses and Mohammed all having a ruck over who was there first or who should be in charge! Typical men!

Withdrawing my reservation deposit! 12983.png

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 3

Inspired by a topic started today, I would like to offer a variation of the same...

Imagine if you will a hypothetical situation, (please don't argue the possibility or impossibility of such an encounter)....

After having lived a full and plentiful life as a faithful believer in Jesus, Moses, or Mohammed, you die, and much to your surprise, there is God waiting to for you... :santa:... but the god is Huitzilopochtli, the ancient god of the Aztecs, who preceded the above mentioned characters by a long time.

He looks at you and asks.... What have you got to say for yourself?

How would you answer?

Hi Zophod222,

Nice one, and turnabout is fair play...;)

my answer is simple....

Hello Huitzilopochtli, I didn't come to meet you, I am not a warrior after all, but I would like to pay my respects to your brother Quetzalcoatl, a god after my own heart and to your Parent, Ometecuhtli/Omecihuatl.

• Like 1

Hmm.... I get the funny feeling that none of the commentators here is a religionist.

The religionists seem to be politely ignoring the question, which was addressed to them...

maybe the possibility that they could be wrong has to mature a bit in their brains.... ;)

• Like 2

maybe the possibility that they could be wrong has to mature a bit in their brains.... ;)

They have had enough years to "mature", but still seem to come back to the same old answer....lets just kill our opposition!

• Like 2

They have had enough years to "mature", but still seem to come back to the same old answer....lets just kill our opposition!

...and let GAAAAWD sort 'em out... :D

• Like 2

I love your new outfit lord but the aztecs sure got your name and story wrong.

Religionist here :)

I would say Huitzi (alphabeticus watchamacallit) what was the point of only telling a race that wasn't gonna go the distance who you are?

Hi religionist!

So why don´t you think we should ask the same question to Yaweh (assuming that one is your flavour)?

• Like 1

I'd smack him around a bit and ask "why oh why did you not teach men that passive aggressive ridicule is not even a remotely effective way to make a point."

"WHY!!! " SMACK

Then I would give him this book and say. "This should be required reading for all humans"

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0471799416/ref=redir_mdp_mobile/189-9864583-6714347

• Like 1

Hmm.... I get the funny feeling that none of the commentators here is a religionist.

The religionists seem to be politely ignoring the question, which was addressed to them...

I am a religious person and I don't see the problem here.... contrary to what many people think, the bible (in my case specifically) is pretty straight forward in stating that there are other gods..... But it also states quite clearly, that God, is the God of gods..., in effect he also created them...

I am a religious person and I don't see the problem here.... contrary to what many people think, the bible (in my case specifically) is pretty straight forward in stating that there are other gods..... But it also states quite clearly, that God, is the God of gods..., in effect he also created them...

They really did cover everything off didnt they lol

BUT

Isaiah 43:10

"I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. "

Edited by The Id3al Experience
  • Like 1

I'd say:

"Can I use the internet to google who you are? Ok, good. Wow, didn't expect to see you here. Umm, if you're the one true God why did you die out with the rest of your worshippers? Why am I even here, I'm a pacifist, hardly a candidate to join your warrior clan"?

Serious, that's what I'd say.

I'd say:

"Can I use the internet to google who you are? Ok, good. Wow, didn't expect to see you here. Umm, if you're the one true God why did you die out with the rest of your worshippers? Why am I even here, I'm a pacifist, hardly a candidate to join your warrior clan"?

Serious, that's what I'd say.

So, for you only the successful god is the right one? Might is right?

That means once islam has succeeded in conquering your country, you will convert?

To me, that sounds like an attitude of convenience, not one of divine enlightenment.

I think I really wouldn't bother pronouncing his name in first place :) And Zaph is right, power or precedence of God should never be measured by his might or success.

Truth is that in most polytheistic religions there was a Creator like a father figure,but who was mostly absent and silent, and allowed "lesser" Gods to have their fun with humanity. So i would consider any god that would appear after my death to be Creator or his envoy in that matter.

Therefore, my question to Creator would be: "Why did you separate creation to men and women?"

So, for you only the successful god is the right one? Might is right?

That means once islam has succeeded in conquering your country, you will convert?

To me, that sounds like an attitude of convenience, not one of divine enlightenment.

You asked me what I would say if I were to get to the afterlife and find what's-his-face standing there. Just because you don't like the answer doesn't invalidate it. As it stands I fully expect to see Jesus there, so the question was a hypothetical (you did say to answer without making the comment that it was possible/impossible to happen).

And I don't expect Islam to conquer my country any time soon, so I have no interest in converting to Islam. Of course, no one expected the Spanish Inquisition, either.

• Like 1

Hi religionist!

So why don´t you think we should ask the same question to Yaweh (assuming that one is your flavour)?

There's the thing right? I don't think God (I don't call him Yahweh for reasons you have actually alluded to) did only tell one race. Fact is, each race had a cultural perspective on who was giving them the info and what he was actually telling them (it might be like us talking to our pets, we think they get the gist when we tell the dog to sit but he may just be remembering that a certain sound from us, followed by him sitting equals a pretty neat treat, which is not the same at all as him understanding the WORD "sit") and a language that also decided what name they would refer to him/her as when they discussed it all amongst themselves and decided what it was he/she meant, like chinese whispers they probably got a few things well, "not quite right" lets say.

Edited by libstaK