Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Az, Loyalty oath to God or No HS DIploma

willowdreams

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/01/26/1182352/-Arizona-Take-a-Loyalty-Oath-to-God-or-no-Diploma

Seriously? What if you are of a faith that does not tolerate 'oaths', A Jehovahs Witness will not do it.

To me, this will hurt atheist/agnostics, and those faiths where they will not swear oaths, and my daughter even was like 'what of those who share dual citizenship?

And the loyalty oath states:

I, _________, DO SOLEMNLY SWEAR THAT I WILL SUPPORT AND DEFEND THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES AGAINST ALL ENEMIES, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, THAT I WILL BEAR TRUE FAITH AND ALLEGIANCE TO THE SAME; THAT I TAKE THIS OBLIGATION FREELY, WITHOUT ANY MENTAL RESERVATION OR PURPOSE OF EVASION; AND THAT I WILL WELL AND FAITHFULLY DISCHARGE THESE DUTIES; SO HELP ME GOD.

freely? You take the oath or do not graduate, which can screw those up who has scholarships. So where is the 'freely' part?

I dunno, I have trouble believing that this could pass, but am also shocked that pple THINK it has a chance, enough so that they are pushing for it.

**sigh**

http://www.taylormarsh.com/blog/2013/01/arizona-bill-would-require-students-to-take-loyalty-oath/

http://lafiga.firedoglake.com/2013/01/29/late-night-no-god-then-no-diplom-if-az-pol/

http://legiscan.com/AZ/text/HB2467

Oaths are a useless relic of a superstitious past. The only thing about them today that has meaning is when perjury laws are behind them, and such laws can be written to deal with affirmations rather than oaths.

What a backward time we live in.

This is will never pass, but holy hell is it stupid.

What a backward time we live in.

This is will never pass, but holy hell is it stupid.

Yea I know.. stupid.. heh

we both think it is toooo way too stupid to pass, now watch it pass *rolls eyes*

The whole God thing aside.. That's pretty screwed up to require a student to take any oath to graduate. They already put in their time and got their credits required to graduate, an oath is just wrong.

Well, Arizona has ahead of it was Texas already has behind it... in 1836.

It's the usual game - some nut legislator or congressman puts forward some kind of crazy bill and the other side makes hay out of it.

It's the usual game - some nut legislator or congressman puts forward some kind of crazy bill and the other side makes hay out of it.

Problem is that in Arizona a lot of nut legislation is popping up lately... where one has to question whether the legislative should be reduced in manpower. They evidently have too much time on their hands.

Problem is that in Arizona a lot of nut legislation is popping up lately... where one has to question whether the legislative should be reduced in manpower. They evidently have too much time on their hands.

Well, if that's what the good people of the Great State of Arizona want, then so be it.

usually when you see some weird stuff like this, it is usually because they are trying to get the attention away from something else they really want passed.

if this isnt a hide job, then its like spooky that adults would want to pass this, if it IS a hide what they really want passed job, then you have to wonder what it is they really are trying to get.

• Like 1

usually when you see some weird stuff like this, it is usually because they are trying to get the attention away from something else they really want passed.

if this isnt a hide job, then its like spooky that adults would want to pass this, if it IS a hide what they really want passed job, then you have to wonder what it is they really are trying to get.

It would surely not be anything related to Monsanto :devil:

It would surely not be anything related to Monsanto :devil:

sure not!

What's really creepy is how similar it is to the oath you must swear by when joining the military or police... Whats funniest is nobody seems to uphold it. Our constitution has been under attack by domestic politicians, has anyone seen the military or the police say cut it out or we will remove you from office?

What's really creepy is how similar it is to the oath you must swear by when joining the military or police... Whats funniest is nobody seems to uphold it. Our constitution has been under attack by domestic politicians, has anyone seen the military or the police say cut it out or we will remove you from office?

The thing you don't seem to understand: The politicians are authorized to change the Constitution if they get a qualified majority together. Therefore no military will ever intervene (if not to take the whole shebang over) when politicians tamper with it.

Edited by questionmark

The thing you don't seem to understand: The politicians are authorized to change the Constitution if they get a qualified majority together. Therefore no military will ever intervene (if not to take the whole shebang over) when politicians tamper with it.

The thing you don't understand: They have made certain preemptive maneuvers to ensure that they don't need a majority in the things they care for. Therefore they have directly attacked the constitution, and are guilty of treason. The military has still not intervened. They never will, not because they don't have the authority or grounds to do so, but because they won't bite the hand that feeds them. The generals love their politician counter parts making wars so they can decorate themselves with all sorts of fancy medals, ribbons, and titles... Meanwhile people's sons are out there dying, because we can gather a group of liars under one roof and erase freedoms at will, right? -____________-

The thing you don't understand: They have made certain preemptive maneuvers to ensure that they don't need a majority in the things they care for. Therefore they have directly attacked the constitution, and are guilty of treason. The military has still not intervened. They never will, not because they don't have the authority or grounds to do so, but because they won't bite the hand that feeds them. The generals love their politician counter parts making wars so they can decorate themselves with all sorts of fancy medals, ribbons, and titles... Meanwhile people's sons are out there dying, because we can gather a group of liars under one roof and erase freedoms at will, right? -____________-

The thing you do not realise is that your Constitution is is 250 yrs out of date.Keep harking back to it is pathetic, how many women were enfranhised in your beloved Constitution, how many Blacks were enfranchised in your precious Constitution. Why is it treasonous to to stress the rights of Women and Blacks.

Your Constitution is nothing more than a Jihadist rule by Oppression...IMO

The thing you do not realise is that your Constitution is is 250 yrs out of date.Keep harking back to it is pathetic, how many women were enfranhised in your beloved Constitution, how many Blacks were enfranchised in your precious Constitution. Why is it treasonous to to stress the rights of Women and Blacks.

I hope you mean HIS version of the constitution, else we might get a serious difference of opinion.

How can it be 250 years out of date when it hasn't been around for 250 years?

a friend from another place, read the links i gave, and she sent me this link.. saying it reminded her of this (she is from Germany)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jugendweihe

similar thing was done in ussr. when kids in 3rd or 4th grade had o wear a red scarf, similar to boy scout's, it reperesented part of red flag, and like 99% of school kids wore it. and than in 8th grade or so you replace the scarf for VLKSM pin. both times you had to pledge allegiance to comunist party. but your graduation was not dependant on that, and some for religion reasons (even thou ussr was highly atheistic, none was punished for being religious, however number of religiuos ppl was very tiny) didn't wear neither pin or scarf, or becouse they were so bad, they didn't deserve to be part of it. but no one was prosecuted or denied diploma.