Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Foreigners face more charges to access NHS

Commander CMG

Non-EU nationals coming to England for more than six months could be charged £200 a year to access NHS treatment.

The charge, added to visa costs for students, is among proposals unveiled in a government consultation.

Changes may be made to how hospitals reclaim costs from EU patients and free access to GPs stopped for those staying less than six months.

arrow3.gifView: Read more

• Like 2

yep, just saw this on the news.

Many who come here and do get visas to work should contribute, like workers contribute in their wages, but this will not sort out the problem in areas where foreigners are coming here and breeding like rabbits once given citizenship. They still have not contributed and will not if they are not both working parents, to cover the costs of infant care.

The hospitals will not refuse and should not refuse care for children, but it does come at a cost, so in future why does the government tell people that if they come here, they should not be coming here to breed?

Here is a link to show the warning signs and it is worse now:

http://www.dailymail...upils-time.html

Health care and education is NOT free, someone has to pay for it, and many of the immigrants have nowhere near covered the costs for the amount of children they have and the breeding is not slowing down!

Also mentioned on the news were the immigrants who needed treatment because of diseases which could cause a problem here????? EXCUSE ME! they should never have been allowed in the country in the first place. I have said it before, if people come here from certain areas of the world, they should be tested first, just like other animals do! Yes, quarantine them if need be.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 3

i said on here a while ago the writing is on the wall for the NHS, i encourage people to go private, i've taken out private health insurance through my work at a reduced rate, it covers four family members as well, my mum who as a long term condition with one of her eyes has to have check ups every 6 months, in years gone by her appointment would be for example 2pm she'd still be sitting their at 4pm waiting to go in, along with everyone else waiting in a packed waiting room.

on one occasion she waited four hours, when she inquired what the hold up was, they said their running late due to the volume of people. her name was called and she was about to go in they asked could she wait 15 more minutes, when asking why, the response was they have a patient who doesnt speak english and the interpreter as just arrived, and it was hospital policy in a bid to keep costs down to give these patients priority because the interpreter costs £20 every ten minutes, (i kid you not good job if you can get one) so my mum had to wait a further 20 mins.

but since i took out the health cover all that as changed she still attends the same HNS hospital department, still sees the same doctor, but when her appointment is 2pm she goes in at 2pm on the dot, no waiting around. its marvelous. some might think its snobbery i call it forward planning, with the governments policy in a number of areas their is only one direction for the NHS and thats down the pan. just look at the stories of late.

• Like 3

Only 200 pounds a year??? This is stupid, make it 3000 pounds a year then there will be at least some restitution to the NHS.

Why are these people from outside the EU even being given free services? Send the Medical Tourists back to where they came from...I pay 7000 euros a year for my medical cover in Spain and I also pay all of the taxes and duties to Spanish Hacienda that is required of me.

I cannot even comprehend why non-EU folks should be here in the first place, and not just be deported (at their own expense) back to totheir home nation

• Like 4

I cannot even comprehend why non-EU folks should be here in the first place,

Because they can get free NHS treatment.rolleyes.gif

• Like 2

Because they can get free NHS treatment.rolleyes.gif

Its the same way here. Our welfare system is being bogged down by illegals and they also breed like rabbits. They seem to think its their right to come here illegally and get free health care. One of these days one of them is going to bring some sort of disease here that is going to kill a bunch of people.
  • Like 1

yep, just saw this on the news.

Many who come here and do get visas to work should contribute, like workers contribute in their wages, but this will not sort out the problem in areas where foreigners are coming here and breeding like rabbits once given citizenship. They still have not contributed and will not if they are not both working parents, to cover the costs of infant care.

The hospitals will not refuse and should not refuse care for children, but it does come at a cost, so in future why does the government tell people that if they come here, they should not be coming here to breed?

Here is a link to show the warning signs and it is worse now:

http://www.dailymail...upils-time.html

Health care and education is NOT free, someone has to pay for it, and many of the immigrants have nowhere near covered the costs for the amount of children they have and the breeding is not slowing down!

Also mentioned on the news were the immigrants who needed treatment because of diseases which could cause a problem here????? EXCUSE ME! they should never have been allowed in the country in the first place. I have said it before, if people come here from certain areas of the world, they should be tested first, just like other animals do! Yes, quarantine them if need be.

One day when you travel to England there won't be a real British person in sight. Bet they won't care much for having a Queen. If I was the royal family I would be shaking in my boots.

Only 200 pounds a year??? This is stupid, make it 3000 pounds a year then there will be at least some restitution to the NHS.

Why are these people from outside the EU even being given free services? Send the Medical Tourists back to where they came from...I pay 7000 euros a year for my medical cover in Spain and I also pay all of the taxes and duties to Spanish Hacienda that is required of me.

I cannot even comprehend why non-EU folks should be here in the first place, and not just be deported (at their own expense) back to totheir home nation

according to the Prime minister on average each person contributes or it costs each person about £5,000 a year in taxes. for the NHS. yet like you've said why just charge £200. its a typical limp wristed approach by a weak government, filled with weak politicians who have no policy, only media grabbing reactionary politics.