Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Developers destroy ancient Peru pyramid...

keithisco

In a staggering act of wanton vandalism and destruction of an Archaeological site near Lima, Peru the BBC reports:

"Authorities in Peru say an ancient pyramid at the oldest archaeological site near the capital, Lima, has been destroyed.

They are pressing criminal charges against two real-estate companies blamed for tearing down the structure, which was 6m (20-ft) high.

An archaeologist said those responsible had committed "irreparable damage".

Link to Article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-23173628

That's incredible.

Although they did look like just ruins to me anyway, non the less the developers knew exactly what they were doing.

I would level them on public square as example for others.

I wonder what the outcome will be and if money/big business will make it easy on them. The 2 photo's you posted.. before and after bring the story to life more than just a news bulletin.

At first I couldn't believe anyone would do that, then again, human greed shouldn't surprise me anymore.

At first I couldn't believe anyone would do that, then again, human greed shouldn't surprise me anymore.

On this island a whole Poseidon temple ended on the ground of the sea so somebody could build a few houses.

Way to go people! Idiots. =.='