Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Any Jehovah's Witness's believe in ghosts?

Sakari

Just as the topic says.....

Just curious, as JW's religion do not believe in spirits or ghosts.....

As I said, if you want them to stay away ( any of them, including demons ) do not believe in them.

I did not know there was a entire religion that does this.

• Like 1

It seems they do not believe in the afterlife, but hey! who am I to know, I`m just a mere blood donor. :whistle:

• Like 3

Ive seen both jehova and a ghost so I would say probably yeah. Jehovas witness is just a title I try not to put boxes around people.

Ive seen both jehova and a ghost so I would say probably yeah. Jehovas witness is just a title I try not to put boxes around people.

Not putting boxes around anyone. They named themselves....

And, they do not believe in ghosts......So, they do not see them.

Crap, now we have 3 things to keep away ghosts and Demons....

1. Keep a camera running.

2. Do not believe in them.

3. Become a Jehovahs Witness. ( same as #2, but more needs to be put into it )

Edited by Sakari

Was it a jehovah witness ghost or 2 separate entities?

Was it a jehovah witness ghost or 2 separate entities?

Ive seen more than one ghost and I saw Jehovah once but I saw him in my minds eye, rather than walking around outside. The ghosts I saw were walking around outside. The vision of Jehovah was very clear and remarkable so I count it as witnessing him. :D

Edited by SpiritWriter
  • Like 1

Ive seen more than one ghost and I saw Jehovah once but I saw him in my minds eye, rather than walking around outside. The ghosts I saw were walking around outside. The vision of Jehovah was very clear and remarkable so I count it as witnessing him. :D

How did you know it was a Jehovah witness, did he have a copy of the Watchtower in his hand?

But I still say just because someone says they are jehovahs witnedd does not mean they do or do not believe in ghosts. They may have seen some.

How did you know it was a Jehovah witness, did he have a copy of the Watchtower in his hand?

Lol no. I said I saw Jehovah.

I mean *witness

• Like 1

There are many Jehovah Witnesses in my family, my mom doesn't believe in ghosts and my uncle does ( hes a Jehovah's witness ), Just because some religion tells you that something doesn't exist is not automatically going to make you believe in it or not. Nice lumping everybody together though Jehovah's Witnesses aren't a hive mind

There are many Jehovah Witnesses in my family, my mom doesn't believe in ghosts and my uncle does ( hes a Jehovah's witness ), Just because some religion tells you that something doesn't exist is not automatically going to make you believe in it or not. Nice lumping everybody together though Jehovah's Witnesses aren't a hive mind

if they do not believe in the after life, how can they believe in ghosts?

edit: scrap that because i do not believe in the afterlife but do believe in ghosts as inprints of time.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

if they do not believe in the after life, how can they believe in ghosts?

Who's to say some witnesses don't believe in the afterlife

Who's to say some witnesses don't believe in the afterlife

Sorry R4zetc, I added after you posted.

I heard that they do not believe in the after life as part of their religion, so if some do, then that would make them another form of jehovahs?

Sorry R4zetc, I added after you posted.

I heard that they do not believe in the after life as part of their religion, so if some do, then that would make them another form of jehovahs?

Do you have a religion?

The ones I know (3) don't. Told me you wait in the grave until you're called and everybody goes at once to where ever they go.

• Like 1

They do believe in them.

I have relatives..

and in their books they write that ghosts are really just demons

pretending to be dead people.

They believe in demons ... demons are ghosts to them.

They also wrote that demons love to haunt certain places etc.

• Like 1

They do believe in them.

I have relatives..

and in their books they write that ghosts are really just demons

pretending to be dead people.

They believe in demons ... demons are ghosts to them.

They also wrote that demons love to haunt certain places etc.

essentially yes they believe them to be evil spirits.That essentially are demons

• Like 1

Its Ironic I was thinking about this less than an hour ago. I was thinking I wanted to get more information about a witness's belief in ghosts. Athough I am not a witness, I had asked a stong believer about this when I was in my teens about 15 years ago. The man was a good friend and family man in his 40's at the time. He was stong enough in his faith that they did not celebrate holidays or seek medical care. I told him I was interested in the paranormal and asked him if he was interested or believed in ghosts. His beleifs were the same as someone stated already. He believed ghosts are demons. There is good demons and bad demons he said. I should steer clear of messing with them because they can physically hurt me. He has heard stories of demons breaking people's necks. Even talking about them can cause them to come around. That was all he said, he didn't want to draw them to us by talking about them anymore.

Hope my story helps a little. I also hope there is some Jehovah witness in here that could give us a more detailed report of their beliefs in the paranormal. Also UFO's and aliens. But I doubt it because they are highly strict to their faith and dont really care what others feel about them. I don't blame them, they get a bad wrap!

Edited by Allterspace

Well, if someone were to follow their religion, Jehovas on this one, they would not believe in Ghosts. Now, if they say they do, and say they are a Jehovas W., then they are not following their religion, and do not believe their religion.

I am not lumping everything together, I just read about how they do not believe in ghosts / spirits and found that interesting.

The ones I know (3) don't. Told me you wait in the grave until you're called and everybody goes at once to where ever they go.

Exactly.....

Now, as some have mentioned, some say they believe they exist and are demons, or whatever. As I said, they are not following their religion then.

But......

Every religion has certain things stated, and many change those things to fit them.

That is why being agnostic makes it easy for me to say what I do, I can read their " rules " and see from the outside when people are not being what they say.

If you read what they are " supposed " to " believe ", then they do not believe in ghosts.

Well It's up to each individual to choose wether they want to believe in an afterlife, now does that mean there not Jehovah's witnesses because they choose to believe in an afterlife? I don't think so you can still believe in Jehovah. Agnostic so you don't believe there is a god?

Edited by R4z3rsPar4d0x

Well It's up to each individual to choose wether they want to believe in an afterlife, now does that mean there not Jehovah's witnesses because they choose to believe in an afterlife? I don't think so you can still believe in Jehovah. Agnostic so you don't believe there is a god?

Agnostic meaning " not sure what to believe in "....

I consider " atheist " meaning does not believe in a God.

Anyway, I do not think a Christian should call themselves a Christian if they bend the rules, same with any religion. So, for me, if a Jehova says he or she believes in ghosts, I would say they can not call themselves a Jehova.

Agnostic meaning " not sure what to believe in "....

I consider " atheist " meaning does not believe in a God.

Anyway, I do not think a Christian should call themselves a Christian if they bend the rules, same with any religion. So, for me, if a Jehova says he or she believes in ghosts, I would say they can not call themselves a Jehova.

Ah I see

I used to study the Bible with a JW. We believe ghost's are unclean spirits.

When a man or woman dies, that's it. They lay in a grave until the resurrection in which they are called by Christ Jesus.

Also, anybody that claims to have seen Jehovah is either deceived or telling a lie. It tells us in the Bible that none are able to see Jehovah God, and live. - Exodus 33:20

• Like 1

I used to study the Bible with a JW. We believe ghost's are unclean spirits.

When a man or woman dies, that's it. They lay in a grave until the resurrection in which they are called by Christ Jesus.

Also, anybody that claims to have seen Jehovah is either deceived or telling a lie. It tells us in the Bible that none are able to see Jehovah God, and live. - Exodus 33:20

Moses knew him face to face as the scripture says. Is Moses still alive?