Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

what is america

danielost

In one short sentence Liberty/Freedom is ownership of yourself.

• Like 1

When there is a major desaster in the usa, our race problems go away during clean up. I forget his name but when the black atholete was insulted by hitler walking out during the medal ceramony. He came home an american hero. It used to be that when someone from outside the country insulted someone we stood behid that person. Today the two parties, mostly the libeals, are trying to devide us. It is as bad thing to be successful. It is a bad thing to be a white man. It is a bad thing to be male. It is a bad thing to be married to someone of the opposates. Sex it is a bad thing to be a mom.

In one short sentence Liberty/Freedom is ownership of yourself.

So what should that mean in reality? How can you exercise this self- ownership? What are its implications for rights and responsibilities? What is the role of government?

Edited by Arbenol68

So what should that mean in reality? How can you exercise this self- ownership? What are its implications for rights and responsibilities? What is the role of government?

the role of government is to protect liberty

• Like 1

the role of government is to protect liberty

What about the other questions?

you will figure it out

You don't know then? I genuinely was interested and thought you had something to say. I won't make that mistake again.

• Like 3

AMERICA is an OK place,I have been treated with respect,the people are friendly,and I've been to a lot of countries,which are real crap holes,where if they dont like your face you are liable to end up Dead.

If we were still under british rule. Hitler would have won ww2. Because we wouldn't have had the strenght to defeat mhim.

Uh no America did not single handily defeat Hitler

You mean you didn't want.

I'm sure you'd fit right in Nazi Germany

• Like 1

Starting in the sixties the federal government passed laws forceing us to assiate with people we didn't want.

Daniel, can you please explain to me, who are these people you claim American didn't want?

I thought you were one that loved the idea of people all coming together as ( to lay the emphasis ) - ONE RACE.. You said it yourself when you made this thread - > Nine races become one - - http://www.unexplain...opic=249748&hl=

WE NEED TO STAND UP AND DEMAND OUR RIGHTS BACK.

What rights have the Americans now lost?

All I am saying in that statement is many people died because the government had to force people together. Don't tell me you have never watched those movies. Where they bus white students to an all black school or black students to an all white school.

Ahhh so this is the post that has made people feel your words come across as racist... I can see what has confused others.... Me thinks your heart was in the right place, but you worded it all wrongly..

I am not going to call you racist, I feel confused by a few things though..For example, there was me thinking you were over the moon, kicking your heels with excitement when you posted this little number...see below..

Good news, America is finally one again - - http://www.unexplain...opic=249983&hl=

And now you are here making weird statements, making others think you are racist.. I am not calling you racist, but what I do not get is, what's with the mixed change of heart?

One min you are all on for all races become one ( you said nine races but hey lol ) and now you are going all out talking about people you didn't want ( in your OP ) and the rest that many have seen as confusing..

It is most likely the reason why your OP didn't get many ready to click like, because to the more broad minded of the free thinkers, it is not a post that speaks of love for others, this daniel is the impression your OP gives.

Again I am not calling you a racist, but I do indeed find your OP a bit on the queer side, meaning it is a bit strange, I can't make sense of some of the things you have said...

PS...I listed two of your most recent threads, to show how this new thread ( your OP ) stands out away from your previous threads.. I found it a tad confusing..

Edited by Beckys_Mom

"To sin by silence when we should protest makes cowards of men." - Ella Wheeler Wilcox

[media=]

[/media]

Liked the clip, loved the movie

I agree, the president should be about the people, FOR the people..You all take a stand and take your country back etc etc... Great speech ...

But you notice one thing? He was saying how terrible it was for them to loose their president, (JFK ) and yet today, we have people from all sorts of cities, towns and villages, hating their president, and some likely would want him killed... That has irony all over it..Because in those days, many felt the same hatred for JFK and he was assassinated.

Makes me wonder, has anything really changed from the days of JFK, ( to how people felt about their president ) to present day, to how people feel about their president? Meaning people wanting their president to die...Not saying anyone here would want such a thing, but there are those out there that have done, I have read it on other sites..

When we let hate take over, we can become something much more twisted and evil, something that Jesus himself could not save.. We forget that there are better ways to overcome problems, and we reach for violence...Kind of like what happened to JFK, he was killed, and hatred ( No doubt ) was part of the reason...Also note, the reasons for the hatred does not matter, fact still remains, people wanted to kill their president driven by hate..

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

Liked the clip, loved the movie

I agree, the president should be about the people, FOR the people..You all take a stand and take your country back etc etc... Great speech ...

But you notice one thing? He was saying how terrible it was for them to loose their president, (JFK ) and yet today, we have people from all sorts of cities, towns and villages, hating their president, and some likely would want him killed... That has irony all over it..Because in those days, many felt the same hatred for JFK and he was assassinated.

Makes me wonder, has anything really changed from the days of JFK, ( to how people felt about their president ) to present day, to how people feel about their president? Meaning people wanting their president to die...Not saying anyone here would want such a thing, but there are those out there that have done, I have read it on other sites..

When we let hate take over, we can become something much more twisted and evil, something that Jesus himself could not save.. We forget that there are better ways to overcome problems, and we reach for violence...Kind of like what happened to JFK, he was killed, and hatred ( No doubt ) was part of the reason...

What a lot of people don't realize, is Obama ain't the problem. Kennedy wanted to bring real change to America, and they killed him for it...It is a lesson, all the presidents that have come after him, have understood....

Do what we tell you, make good speeches, and look good on camera. Don't rattle the establishment, or you'll end up like JFK, Robert Kennedy, or Martin Luther King, Jr....

Obama is a puppet, nothing more...

Edited by Kowalski
  • Like 2

What a lot of people don't realize, is Obama ain't the problem. Kennedy wanted to bring real change to America, and they killed him for it...It is a lesson, all the presidents that have come after him, have understood....

Do what we tell you, make good speeches, and look good on camera. Don't rattle the establishment, or you'll end up like JFK, Robert Kennedy, or Martin Luther King, Jr....

Obama is a puppet, nothing more...

Good post.. I would add, yes I believe Obama is nothing more than a puppet, ( like Bush was ) I would not want to be in his place.... If I lived there, and I didn't like things the government did, I would not want him killed, there is no way I could live with myself knowing I wanted the death of a president, robbing his children of a father etc, on my shoulders.. I would think of other ways to tackle the government..

• Like 2

Good post.. I would add, yes I believe Obama is nothing more than a puppet, ( like Bush was ) I would not want to be in his place.... If I lived there, and I didn't like things the government did, I would not want him killed, there is no way I could live with myself knowing I wanted the death of a president, robbing his children of a father etc, on my shoulders.. I would think of other ways to tackle the government..

I agree. And the people that think impeaching him, is the answer are wrong, too. They'll just get another puppet....

• Like 2

Puppet of whom? Of the "military-industrial" complex like the old Communists use to say? Give me strength. So who is Obama a puppet of? (Oh, and a good proof of such an outrageous and slanderous assertion is very much needed or you all are just foolish hot air.)

America is a great country being destroyed by people unwilling to compromise.

The US is a great country and it is not being destroyed. The crops are being planted and harvested, the kids are being educated, the babies are being born, the crimes are being investigated, the highways are being maintained, and so on and so on.

There are things that could stand improving. The immigration laws are an outrage, as are the copyright laws and of course the tax system, but countries muddle through reasonably well even with such problems.

• Like 2

Puppet of whom? Of the "military-industrial" complex like the old Communists use to say? Give me strength. So who is Obama a puppet of? (Oh, and a good proof of such an outrageous and slanderous assertion is very much needed or you all are just foolish hot air.)

It is known as having a full team of advisors, people there with him, telling him what to say,what actions they feel he should take, then it is up to him to run with it. It means he does not act alone, just like any other party leader... Hardly outrageous or slander... It's fact.

But hey Frank, you are free to come on in again and wave the disapproval finger at us ..Only this time, make it more effective, wave your finger, shame us, and give us a few - tut tut tsk tsk ..The full Monty lol :P

Edited by Beckys_Mom

When there is a major desaster in the usa, our race problems go away during clean up. I forget his name but when the black atholete was insulted by hitler walking out during the medal ceramony. He came home an american hero. It used to be that when someone from outside the country insulted someone we stood behid that person. Today the two parties, mostly the libeals, are trying to devide us. It is as bad thing to be successful. It is a bad thing to be a white man. It is a bad thing to be male. It is a bad thing to be married to someone of the opposates. Sex it is a bad thing to be a mom.

Around half the country was not content with the direction Bush was taking us regarding domestic issues. Around half the country now stands behind Obama on these very same issues.

There are a few issues where they seem to be the same domestically but more so when it comes to foreign policy. That is besides the point but we can see how the past also had people having different opinions on issues too.

In the past many were not happy with the way they were being treated or how we were treating others, one or the other.

Progressives are happy with the domestic direction we have taken in the last hundred years.

When it comes to the environment, workers, women, and other minorities, they were not treated fairly and now can better take part in the political process.

Earlier it was mentioned that the government forced "us" to associate with people "we did not want to." This is a narrative that ignores that many people did not want to continue with segregation and offering a bulk of our citizenry only second-class citizenship.

It was not all of "us" that felt one way or another but we were a divided nation then and now with our government simply moving forward along with the rest of the world and what the majority wants even if it is a bare majority.

As feelings change, which they do in time, some might feel that the government is going against the wishes of all the people but there are plenty of people who feel different, roughly half of us, and some of us understand we have to cooperate and dialogue as part of the political process we still have faith in.

So no, it is not a bad thing to be successful and it is likely the truly successful are content with their lot right now. What some of us think is that it is unhealthy to allow the profit motive take precedent and artificially keep others down.

It is not a bad thing to be of any ethnic group but not wise to create or maintain a hegemony by one over others or in times that the whole nation begins to dip to scapegoat one group.

It is not a bad thing to be of any gender but unfair to deny equality to other genders.

It is not a bad thing to be a mom but there is nothing wrong with having two moms or two dads either.

Some who wanted power just for themselves in the past might feel that by sharing it now that they are actually losing it. They are not losing it, they simply have to learn how to share. When the child with all the toys has to share it is hard and our country was like this in its infancy but we are maturing and that is a good thing.

Edited by The world needs you

When ever obama care takes full effect, it will nearly impossible for new companies to start. It is almost that bad now.

It is known as having a full team of advisors, people there with him, telling him what to say,what actions they feel he should take, then it is up to him to run with it. It means he does not act alone, just like any other party leader... Hardly outrageous or slander... It's fact.

But hey Frank, you are free to come on in again and wave the disapproval finger at us ..Only this time, make it more effective, wave your finger, shame us, and give us a few - tut tut tsk tsk ..The full Monty lol :P

And, with his desire to lead from behind. He isn't deciding anything. Which means he is just taking up space.

When ever obama care takes full effect, it will nearly impossible for new companies to start. It is almost that bad now.

You know Nothing Danielost