Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ohio Republicans deny women their

rashore

What does it look like when seven men ignore seventeen thousand of their constituents?

It looks like this: Ohio’s Republican Governor John Kasich, flanked by six other men, signing the state’s new budget into law and, by doing so, catapulting the Buckeye State to the number one spot on the Nation’s Most Restrictive Abortion Laws list.

The budget strips funding from Planned Parenthood, the nation’s leading provider of reproductive healthcare, and gives that money to Crisis Pregnancy Centers, the pseudo-clinics that lure pregnant women with the promise of free ultrasounds and can then misinform them about abortions. That’s just the beginning.

http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/07/01/ohio-republicans-deny-women-their-constitutional-rights/

A friend of mine shared this article.. I thought it interesting that while we were all celebrating our freedom this week, this slipped through in Ohio.

Just one more thing to remember come mid-terms.

• Like 1

interesting very interesting indeed

Oh my God, it sounds to me like some women are being too overdramatic....

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

Here is a story, about someone who is actually having a problem:

Child's pregnancy sets off Chile abortion debate

SANTIAGO, Chile (AP) — The case of a pregnant 11-year old girl who was raped in Chile by her mother's partner has set off a national debate about abortion in one of the most socially-conservative countries in Latin America.

State TV reported that the girl is 14 weeks pregnant. Police arrested her mother's partner who confessed to abusing the fifth grader. Doctors say her life and that of the fetus are at high risk. But ending the pregnancy is not an option.

Chile allowed abortions for medical reasons until they were outlawed in 1973 by Gen. Augusto Pinochet's dictatorship. The current government of conservative President Sebastian Pinera has opposed any loosening of the prohibition.

Many Chileans were venting outrage on social media Friday. Some have started an online campaign to demand legalization of abortion in cases of rape or health risks for mother.

Chile's Senate rejected three bills last year that would have eased the absolute ban on abortions.

One of the bills would have permitted abortion when two doctors said it was needed because of risks to a mother's life or other medical reasons, such as a fetus with low chances of survival. Another of the measures rejected would have allowed abortion in the event of rape.

Now this makes me mad....That poor girl! :cry:

She should have access to have an abortion. Not only was she raped, and she's a child, but her pregnancy is high risk! Now, this is outrageous....

Edited by Kowalski
  • Like 4

She should have access to have an abortion. Not only was she raped, and she's a child, but her pregnancy is high risk! Now, this is outrageous....

disturbing

• Like 3

disturbing

It is definitely disturbing....

It's really awful what that poor girl is having to go through....

• Like 2

Well, here's another outrageous story.. This one out of Ohio...

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/09/us/ohio-missing-women-found

Cleveland (CNN) -- First came the pain -- a decade of torture, torment and terror for three captive women and one of their young daughters.

Now comes the prosecution and -- if there's a conviction -- punishment for the man accused of being responsible for their hell.

Ariel Castro appeared silently in court Thursday, his head down, as he was arraigned on four counts of kidnapping and three counts of rape, accused of holding the women captive in his Cleveland home. Cleveland Municipal Court Judge Lauren Moore ordered Castro held on $8 million bond -- $2 million for each of the three women and the child born to Amanda Berry before they were freed Monday evening.

Hours later, the top prosecutor in Cuyahoga County, Ohio, announced he'd press for more charges -- "for each and every act of sexual violence ... each day of kidnapping, every felonious assault (and) all his attempted murders."

• Like 3

That article was just wayyyyyyyyyyy to biased for me to even read. a one sided point of veiw was just dripping from that article.

I dont really like restricting abortions to an extent But i know I have to read a diffrent source first so i can get a actually fair report about this bill.

It kind of makes me sad that you would use such a openly biased source :td:

• Like 4

I know I can see how it can make anyone feel mad and sad... A TV commercial came on over here once, it was a charity ad, it shared a fact that was very sad, and that was - Over 70,000 children a year die from child pregnancies..See the fact is, a child so young, may be able to get pregnant, but their little bodies cannot handle a pregnancy, this is why so many die each year...Its sad and so sick to know that these poor kids are victims of such horrid sex abuse....

Raping small children is effing vile.. In fact, rape itself, women, children and men ( even though men don't like to talk about it ) is absolutely sick and down right disgusting... People who go all out to rape anyone, are not worth the air we breath...

For example, when a man takes a child away from their home, sexually abuses the child, then he kills the little one, ditching it's little abused body, and he heads off like it's nothing, most likely already looking out for another small victim.....

Most child abduction cases I have read ref to peado's taking children, the majority of these sick people not only rape the child but murder them too.. That is most evil and vile.. A child is too easy of a target....

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 3

That article was just wayyyyyyyyyyy to biased for me to even read. a one sided point of veiw was just dripping from that article.

I dont really like restricting abortions to an extent But i know I have to read a diffrent source first so i can get a actually fair report about this bill.

I just thought it was interesting to share.. Please, if you have other articles that can shed more light on this, do so. The more the better, always better to have a level playing field :tu:

• Like 2

Yeah, it was pretty biased.... I mean, is getting an ultrasound before you decide to have an abortion, really a big deal? I just don't see what everyone is so upset about...

she has a point spartan she posted an interesting article for viewing purposed if you have a rebuttle then post it, no hate bro!

• Like 1

I just thought it was interesting to share.. Please, if you have other articles that can shed more light on this, do so. The more the better, always better to have a level playing field :tu:

I agree, even though I found the article interesting, if he or anyone else can find a better article then share it.

• Like 2

I agree, even though I found the article interesting, if he or anyone else can find a better article then share it.

beckys mom for the win! and p.s grats on your wee one taking steps!

indeed rashore, if some one has an arguement its best to provide the proper foundation to a debate, what spartan posted was infact biased in its own sense

Yeah, it was pretty biased.... I mean, is getting an ultrasound before you decide to have an abortion, really a big deal? I just don't see what everyone is so upset about...

Just to point out - I think the problem could be, that a lot of women do not like being told what they can do with their own bodies.. I know this, because I have read a lot of abortion threads on here, and each time, the majority women all voted - Pro choice, we should say what we want done with our bodies... That to me was the most common vote.

Me personally, I would not have an abortion, after the death of my daughter,with the struggle and fight to get pregnant, the very thoughts of having one, saddens me...But that is just my own personal view.. I cannot speak for anyone else...

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

Here's one: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2013/07/01/what-makes-ohios-new-abortion-law-unique/

• Like 2

I mean this in a good way... If you can find another article, perhaps one from where you live, then please post it.. It would be nice to read more on this...

Just to point out - I think the problem could be, that a lot of women do not like being told what they can do with their own bodies.. I know this, because I have read a lot of abortion threads on here, and each time, the majority women all voted - Pro choice, we should say what we want done with our bodies... That to me was the most common vote.

Me personally, I would not have an abortion, after the death of my daughter,with the struggle and fight to get pregnant, the very thoughts of having one, saddens me...But that is just my own personal view.. I cannot speak for anyone else...

So sorry, to hear that... :hugs: :)

I understand, why they don't want to be told what to do with their own bodies, but from my understanding, they aren't outlawing abortion, there's just a few restrictions....

• Like 1

I understand, why they don't want to be told what to do with their own bodies, but from my understanding, they aren't outlawing abortion, there's just a few restrictions....

I think it's the slippery slope thing. Once some restrictions go into place, it becomes easier for more and more till it is outlawed. A lot of the gun arguments follow the same thing- once you start it's easy to snowball out of control.

• Like 2

I think females should have a right to choose. But I also hate the anti-crisis pregnancy center propaganda for the double standard that it is.

Have you ever been to an abortion clinic? They are pro abortion, NO discussion, NO thoughts as to what is growing inside you.

Abortion is BIG BIG business and they get scared young women at their mercy too!

Go to an abortion clinic and go through the initial process. See how one-sided looks and preys on the scared or the young or the hasty or all three.

Go to a crisis pregnancy center and see what they are about.

We are not talking about returning a blouse, a women is making a decision that could cost her medical complications, psychological issues, etc.

Females should also have the choice of a crisis pregnancy center or similar, without them being vilified for what they do!

My personal opinion is: Allow both types of clinics and then stay out of a women's way to choose either path and stop vilifying the other.

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 2

I think their just trying to stop things like the Gosnell Trial, and on demand abortions, not abortions in general....

Here's the thing with restricting abortion.

What I see is that the Supreme Court allowed abortion and made it legal. Yet in bits and pieces many states have hacked at that legality until they have essentially made abortion illegal again. When the abortion clinics have to shut down because of requirements, violence, or restrictions, that is as good as making abortion illegal because many women can't afford to travel to another state to get an abortion. But here we have the rub: what if the states decide to do the same thing to restrict say, African Americans? We know that segregation is illegal. We know that states can't enforce separate but equal. Yet, if states were to nickel and dime these Supreme Court decisions in the same way they're nickel and diming Roe vs Wade, why shouldn't they be able to get away with it? After all, no one is stopping them in abortion issues. And there are many other things that can be done under the same umbrella. What if a state governor decided that all public schools were under a "morals clause" and that anyone wanting to gain entrance to higher education had to take a sexuality test? Gays would simply have to go out of state if they wanted to go to college. And if they couldn't afford it? Tough, in the eyes of the state.

I know this sounds very implausible, but you have to understand, if states are allowed to spit in the face of the Supreme Court and work around the Supreme Court decisions in any way it pleases them, it probably won't stop with abortion. Not when the states see how easy it is to "overturn without overturning" laws that have been made legal for us by the highest court in the land.

Thank you..

I read the article you posted, and you are correct, they are not outlawing, like you note restrictions, getting as many as they can to close down..It looked like a loop hole around the law, that says abortions are legal..Unless I have read it wrong? I most likely have done...

I am only here because my hubby is watching one of his chick flick movies.. Yea can you believe it? Notting Hill..sigh..Its his guilty pleasure lol

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

I know I can see how it can make anyone feel mad and sad... A TV commercial came on over here once, it was a charity ad, it shared a fact that was very sad, and that was - Over 70,000 children a year die from child pregnancies..See the fact is, a child so young, may be able to get pregnant, but their little bodies cannot handle a pregnancy, this is why so many die each year...Its sad and so sick to know that these poor kids are victims of such horrid sex abuse....

I believe that if you check, you'll find that statistic applies to teenaged girls. Are you saying they're all victims of sex abuse?

I'm old now, but not so old that I don't remember being a teen. Some of those girls were abusing me!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not for teen pregnancy. However, my Grandmother was 16 when she gave birth to my father - back in the 30s. She was married to my Grandfather.

Just on the face of it, your statistic seems horrifying. But, as usual, if you look closer, it's really not the sickening thing it appears to be. That is, deaths like that are sickening to me personally (of course,) but it's not in large part necessarily due to child abuse.

After all, over half a million grown women die every year either in childbirth or due to pregnancy-related issues. If 1/12 of all pregnancies are teens, then the mortality rate would be the same.

Harte