Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What part of the house do ghosts reside?

Sunshine Hoosier

For a house with an active haunting what part of the house would ghost mostly likely reside at?

• Like 2

What an odd question, i wouldn't think ghosts are drawn to a particular part of a household, unless there is something in said house that has drawn them there, an item or a power source ( if ghosts use energy that is) no idea is my asnwer lol

• Like 1

wherever your brain is.

• Like 2

I've heard stories about pretty much every part of the house being haunted. Though I suppose if it were haunted because of a death, maybe where the death happened would be the most likely spot to be haunted. Though plenty of stories where someone say, died in their bed, but haunt the bathroom or kitchen or wherever else in the house.

I guess in cases where a haunt happens because of an object, the haunt would likely be in the part of the house where the object is kept.

Really, ghost stories are all over the place.

Assuming for the moment that ghosts even exist....there is a difference between an actual haunting and a "psychic imprint".

A ghost, from what I read, can meander around a house for a variety of reasons and is not really restricted to just one area unless it wants to or doesn't realize it is free to go where it wants. Ghosts will go anywhere and I read that sometimes it is so accustomed to the way its home was that it might not even realize that it has changed..or so I have read.

An imprint is created when a particularly charged event or set of events happens consecutively in a certain area. For example I read of an old saloon that had been turned into a hotel, the guests sleeping upstairs would all mention sounds coming from the main floor which sounded like billiards being played and people milling around.

It was claimed the saloon had a billiard table and was always buzzing with activity and the structures acted like a sort of recorder, absorbing the sounds and whatnot then when saturated and when the conditions were right, the sounds would be played back at near the same time the activity of the saloon happened.

This imprint can be created rather easily and quickly from what I read. I read that if you place a vase in a room for a few weeks where there is regular and predictable activity that it can be "played" much like a record and faint sounds can be picked up...or so I read.

But since there is no reliable evidence that hauntings are real..it is a safe bet to assume almost all reports are born of fear, nerves and paranoia...and innocent ignorance of reality.

Mostly they haunt the attic or Kitchen.

They haunt where ever you keep the beer..

at least I would if I was a ghost..

I'd drink your beer also !

• Like 1

Under the bed and right outside your window!

• Like 1

For a house with an active haunting what part of the house would ghost mostly likely reside at?

Do you have an active haunting? Ghosts etc. only haunt rooms which don't have monitoring devices in them.

Set up a few webcams and you won't hear from your ghosts again.

However you may find that when ghosts are removed, the only remaining explanations are psychological illnesses etc. So best find a good shrink if you aren't already seeing one.

• Like 1

Well if it's football season, then definitely the TV room.

Crap, is that why I don't get em in my living room, because I don't watch sports? :rofl:

I don't understand your question.

If the house has an active haunting wouldn't you be aware of where the ghost is doing it's appearances or noises or moving objects?

Do you mean where does it hang out, you said "reside", between doing it's ghostly activities?

Or, are you trying to find a ghost in a supposed haunted dwelling and aren't having any luck?

In your shower when you are showering.....In your bedroom while you are having romantic happenings.....In your bathroom when you are changing.....

And, as others have stated.....While no one is naked, and no fun to be had......In front of any TV showing sports.

At least this is where I would/ will be when I am a ghost......

Wait, no......I will watch the games live, at the stadium......And, I will hang out at Katy Perry's house, and the Playboy Mansion.

Think about it....If a ghost even existed, and could move around, why would they stay around dark, boring areas?

If you can get enough people that believe in them together, they will go in whatever room those people are in. If there are a group of non believers, there will be no ghosts for miles.

Edited by Sakari

Where ever you do water coloring.

:nw::su

In the darkest room you have

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sorry my first irreverent thought to your post was, Well, where are things happening...They are probably residing there."

It depends what's in the house, a piece of furniture or a room, maybe a portal.

I remember hearing some paranormal investigator guy on TV a few years ago who reckoned that ghosts were attracted to corners, or straight edged surfaces like door frames. I can't remember what he was basing that on though, and I have no idea whether any of it is real or not.