Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Boeing 777 Crash lands in San Francisco

Beckys_Mom

It has the sure signs of the flying turtle causing down draft. It is known the TSA have flying turtles, and have felt they have been over criticized, over worked, and they do not like short people.

My bet is on the flying turtle.

Serious note, glad this was not a massive crash, killing over 300 people. 2 is bad enough, and the injuries, but it could have been far worse.

• Like 3

You need to read this. http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2013/07/professional-pilots-on-the-san-francisco-crash/277563/

Here are some interesting comments from pilots who either witnessed the crash or watched the video. It appears that one of the pilots had only 44 hours on the B777. I wasn't aware of the "slam dunk" landing style that has to be employed at SFO. I think I'll be flying into San Jose in the future.

• Like 2

You need to read this. http://www.theatlant...o-crash/277563/

Here are some interesting comments from pilots who either witnessed the crash or watched the video. It appears that one of the pilots had only 44 hours on the B777. I wasn't aware of the "slam dunk" landing style that has to be employed at SFO. I think I'll be flying into San Jose in the future.

I thought the last comment was interesting. I hadn't noticed it in the photos but after a terrifying crash and the fear and realisation of fire - how many passengers managed to retrieve their hand luggage before evacuating. The mind boggles as to how costly that could have been.

You need to read this. http://www.theatlant...o-crash/277563/

Oh man, they should have brought Hani The Magnificent out of retirement, eh? He could have flown that approach perfectly, even with no time in type.

And now it seems pretty likely that the crew really screwed the pooch on that approach. Bummer.

Here's the CNN exclusive. I wonder how much this guy got paid for this. It's got to be worth some serious cash, having exclusive footage long before we'll ever see anything official from the feds.

I think the FTSB said it could be up to two years before they make up their minds what happened.

It's one giant body with an itsy bitsy brain at work, a dinosaur waiting on a meteor to hit.

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 1

Here's the CNN exclusive. I wonder how much this guy got paid for this. It's got to be worth some serious cash, having exclusive footage long before we'll ever see anything official from the feds.

I think the FTSB said it could be up to two years before they make up their minds what happened.

It's one giant body with an itsy bitsy brain at work, a dinosaur waiting on a meteor to hit.

I think NTSB will get a report out on this one fairly quickly since there is so much evidence available, including a fairly good fuselage and powerplants. Good weather, lot's of eyewitnesses, aircrew, videos, black boxes, etc. etc. Two years would be ridiculous given all of the above and the aircraft manufacturers and the airlines would be in an uproar if they're left hanging for two years with no good reason. I's expect a comprehensive preliminary report fairly soon.

Incredible that anyone survived it. I know they've had some troubles with the Dreamline, but yay! Boeing.