Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Soul Channeling Through My Art

SoulChanneler

I am a Pop Artist that channels souls in my watercolor drip paintings.

I take the images of the souls, blow them up, do a little editing, and put them on display for the world to see.

Click on: http://farm8.staticf...18ec3078f_b.jpg

*snip*

post-140636-0-11179900-1373145831_thumb.

Edited by Saru
Removed promotional link ( See rule 1a )

I appreciate your question! Thank you for asking it. :tsu:

After I finish a drip painting, I take a picture of it with a digital camera. Then I upload the image onto my computer, magnify it, and search for the souls. When I find a soul, I blow it up, do some minor photo editing to bring out the facial features and voila; A fresh soul ready for market (sorry about the sense of humor).

I think its important to note that I don't draw the faces. They are the direct result of the water mixing with the water color dripping onto the canvas. The souls are found in the drips as they flow down the canvas.

Does that answer your question, or not?

Let me know.

Again, thank you for your question. I appreciate it :tu:

Take care,

Greg

Pareidolia (/pærɨˈdoʊliə/ parr-i-doh-lee-ə) is a psychological phenomenon involving a vague and random stimulus (often an image or sound) being perceived as significant, a form of apophenia. Common examples include seeing images of animals or faces in clouds, the man in the moon or the Moon rabbit, and hearing hidden messages on records when played in reverse.
http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Pareidolia

You're creating a random pattern, looking for something that resembles a face in the pattern, and declaring it a "soul".

BTW, the link to your home page isn't working, here's a working link - *snip*

I honestly don't see anything impressive in those images. A lot of blurry blobs, half of which I can't see a face in at first or even second glance. I don't see how this is any different than the poster we used to have here who claimed to have found all sorts of faces and ghosts in the sensor noise of his photographs. Every fuzzy blob that he thought looked like eyes and a mouth or a human figure was authoratively declared as a ghost in his pics.

If you search a random pattern with the preconception that there are ghosts or souls embedded in it, you'll easily convince yourself they're there. The human brain is wired to find patterns and will find them when they're not there. This is why if you stare at fluffy clouds in the sky for a long time you'll see faces galore. We all do this and know we're doing it, so we don't hop onto the Internet declaring that we found ghosts in the clouds, but some people think that when looking at their own photos (or art) that for some reason things work differently and the faces they see are now real. I don't understand this.

No offense, but I think you're straining to find what you want to find in your paintings when there's nothing but random patterns there. Making bold statements like "I WILL TAKE CONTROL OF THE ART WORLD AT THAT POINT" doesn't help your case.

As per your claims about the image in your avatar:

Soul of a man with a mustache. This photo is taken from one of my drip paintings. It is NOT drawn onto the canvass. It is the result of water mixing with paint dripping on the canvass. Tell me this is nothing short of stunning; Just try.
This is not stunning. Edited by Paranoid Android
Removed commercial link from OP
  • Like 4

Thank you for the welcome greeting rashore; I appreciate it, and your comment.

I do respect your point of view, but don't believe these souls are pareidolia. That would make the souls fake, wouldn't it?

These are real souls. They exist, just like you exist and I exist, and they don't exist only for the benefit of me believing they exist.

When you see a photo of yourself, is that real? Of course it is. Why? Because it looks just like you.

I'm just taking photos of souls just like if someone were to take a photo of me.

Unless you can prove that my work is actually pareidolia, then your assumption that my work is paraeidolia is false.

Anyway, don't want to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Have a peaceful weekend, rashore. I hope we can talk again.

Sincerely,

SoulChannler

Thank you Jesse Custer for your comment. I appreciate it.

Don't you think you're coming on a little strong, Mr. devil's advocate?

Me finding souls in my paintings could be something that people have known about for thousands of years, but no one's ever thought to do something about it. Have you ever thought about it like that? Well, I've decided to take advantage of that gift, and I'm not saying I'm the only one who can do it.

Who are you to say these souls don't exist? Are you an expert in the paranormal? Even if you were, it would still be your opinion that you have to offer because you can't prove anything, but I appreciate you taking a devil's advocate position on the issue.

Belief starts within the self just like disbelief starts with the self. It sounds to me like you are a disbeliever.

By the way, it's not a perfect image of a soul, but then again, who's to say what a perfect image of a soul looks like anyhow?

Sincerely,

Greg

Your concept is completely one sided,

You use the power of belief, Well you are using technology to alter something to what you think it looks like and claiming it is some inner power. We acutally had a guy while back claiming to do the same thing as you except with the da vinci code and mountains.

I could say so many examples and use the same techique and claim it is a soul,

If I spilt water on the floor and took a photo...

If I took a photo of a cloud...

If I took a photo of smoke...

If I took a photo of a ducks ****...

If I took a photo of peoples hair upclose....

If I took a photo of a wall..

If I took a photo of the sun..

If I took a photo of my toe nail...

If I took a photo of ink on a peice of paper..

If I took a photo of music albums...

If I took a photo of a photo...

If I took a photo of some one post here...

If I took a photo of a tree...

If I took a photo of my couch...

If I took a photo of my carpet...

If I took a photo of gravel..

If I took a photo of yugioh cards..

If I took a photo of a mirror..

If I took a photo of toast..

If I took a photo on my stained shirts..

If I took a picture of a cut tree rings...

If I took a photo of the whole PLANET..

And then alter (AKA corrupt the original file) the picture to make it look more like something, Then it's still Pareidolia. There is no trick to Pareidolia except having and using your imagination.

• Like 3

Thank you for the welcome greeting rashore; I appreciate it, and your comment.

I do respect your point of view, but don't believe these souls are pareidolia. That would make the souls fake, wouldn't it?

These are real souls. They exist, just like you exist and I exist, and they don't exist only for the benefit of me believing they exist.

When you see a photo of yourself, is that real? Of course it is. Why? Because it looks just like you.

I'm just taking photos of souls just like if someone were to take a photo of me.

Unless you can prove that my work is actually pareidolia, then your assumption that my work is paraeidolia is false.

Anyway, don't want to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Have a peaceful weekend, rashore. I hope we can talk again.

Sincerely,

SoulChannler

Well, you are the one making the claim that these are real souls, the burden is upon you to prove it. So, what proof do you have other than your claim that you see something in the images you create?

• Like 3

This is quite interesting I like it. Well one other thing, I also like to

collect souls.

However I put them in my Evil Jar

• Like 2

I appreciate your comment, Brian. Thank you.

If you believed (and yes I use the power of belief because whether you think you're right or I think I'm right it's still "the power of belief, isn't it?). that you could channel a soul on your toe nail or on a piece of toast, I would have to take you on your word, unless there was some way I could prove you didn't channel a soul on your toe nail or a piece of toast. By the way I could use the power of technology to alter a picture of you too...but it would still be a picture of you, wouldn't it?(unless I completely took you out of the picture with photo editing). Yes, you are right; I do use my imagination, but where do you draw the line between what is imagined and what truly does exist, especially when it comes to paranormal?

Now, when I was 18 years old, did I believe I could channel souls in my drip paintings? No. Why not? Because I had no experiences that would lead me to believe that I could channel souls in my drip paintings.

Have I had experiences that have lead me to believe that I can channel souls in my watercolor drip paintings? Yes, I have.

It's not like I woke up one day & said to myself, "self, today I'm going to tell the world that I can channel souls in my watercolor drip paintings, even though I know I can't do that.

I'm not suggesting you agree with me, Brian, but can you at least understand my point of view? I certainly understand yours.

Sincerely,

Greg

If you believed (and yes I use the power of belief because whether you think you're right or I think I'm right it's still "the power of belief, isn't it?). that you could channel a soul on your toe nail or on a piece of toast, I would have to take you on your word

Uhm, no...

If you take anyones word for anything, you are very dumb, and guillible.

People that " take my word for it " are the ones that are taken advantage of, because of their ignorance.

And, taking your word for this topic, hell no......

Any evidence Souls even exist? ........ No

But hey, I'll take your word for it........ :no:

• Like 4

Dont worry about the negative comments soul channeler. I like your positive attitude. Keep doing what you do. I think its interesting. I also believe in channeling through art..

Peace and blessings.

Well, you are the one making the claim that these are real souls, the burden is upon you to prove it. So, what proof do you have other than your claim that you see something in the images you create?

rashore, you are wrong my friend. I don't need to prove anything. I'm the one who believes. Your'e the one who doesn't believe, so the burden of proof is on you.

Sincerely,

Greg

My main issue with this and other types of paranormal phenomena is that it's trying to find patterns in somethings that is random and unpredictable by nature - your drip paintings, the noise generated by a camera sensor in low light conditions, background noise on audio recordings, etc.

Whether or not ghosts or demons or whatever communicate or manifest via these methods, you're going to find things that look vaguely like faces and sound vaguely like voices if you look/listen hard enough. Blindly running them then through audio and photo filters to 'enhance' them doesn't help as unless you know what you're doing and you know what is really there, you're just distorting what's there.

The real question is, what methodology is there to sort the real deal from the pareidolia everyone knows exists in random patterns? How do you sort the genuinely random patterns that look kinda like faces from the manifested souls and ghosts that look kinda like faces?

• Like 2

Uhm, no...

If you take anyones word for anything, you are very dumb, and guillible.

People that " take my word for it " are the ones that are taken advantage of, because of their ignorance.

And, taking your word for this topic, hell no......

Any evidence Souls even exist? ........ No

But hey, I'll take your word for it........ :no:

Thank you for your comment, Sakara. I appreciate it.

If you take my word for it or don't take my word for it, I'm not affected.

I think you have to ask yourself Sakara, does this hurt me if I take somebody at their word?

Does this hurt you that I believe I channel souls in my watercolor drip paintings?

If this does hurt you, please tell me how?

Sincerely,

Greg

rashore, you are wrong my friend. I don't need to prove anything. I'm the one who believes. Your'e the one who doesn't believe, so the burden of proof is on you.

Sincerely,

Greg

No, you have that entirely backward. What you have shown us is things many of us have seen hundreds of times before - vague faces in random patterns. We know for a fact that human brains will tend to see faces in random visual data even when there's no real face there. The burden of proof is on you to show us why your paintings are the exception to a well known and well understood natural phenomenon.
  • Like 4

This is quite interesting I like it. Well one other thing, I also like to

collect souls.

However I put them in my Evil Jar

Thank you for your comment, LostSouls7

Why do you put souls in your Evil Jar?

Sincerely,

Greg

Dont worry about the negative comments soul channeler. I like your positive attitude. Keep doing what you do. I think its interesting. I also believe in channeling through art..

Peace and blessings.

Thank you, Free Rebel. I appreciate your comment.

The negative comments don't bother me.

How do you channel spirits through your art?

Sincerely,

Greg

I am a Pop Artist that channels souls in my watercolor drip paintings.

I take the images of the souls, blow them up, do a little editing, and put them on display for the world to see.

Click on: http://farm8.staticf...18ec3078f_b.jpg

*snip*

Isn't that a painting of the fossilized Bigfoot skull?

• Like 3

No, you have that entirely backward. What you have shown us is things many of us have seen hundreds of times before - vague faces in random patterns. We know for a fact that human brains will tend to see faces in random visual data even when there's no real face there. The burden of proof is on you to show us why your paintings are the exception to a well known and well understood natural phenomenon.

JesseCuster, let's say I didn't say I could channel souls in my watercolor drip paintings. Would you agree that there's a vague looking face in photo? Or could you agree that a person might see a vague looking picture of a man with a mustache?

Sincerely,

Greg

Sincerely,

Greg

You are very confused and/or ignorant.

" Believing " and " knowing " are two far apart things.

If anyone wants to say their " belief " is real, they are the ones that need to prove it is real, to make it a fact.

pareidolia is a known fact.....

Souls are not....

Believe :

1. To accept as true or real: Do you believe the news stories?

2. To credit with veracity: I believe you.

3. To expect or suppose; think: I believe they will arrive shortly.

v.intr.

1. To have firm faith, especially religious faith.

2. To have faith, confidence, or trust: I believe in your ability to solve the problem.

3. To have confidence in the truth or value of something: We believe in free speech.

4. To have an opinion; think: They have already left, I believe.

Know :

a (1) : to perceive directly : have direct cognition of (2) : to have understanding of <importance of knowing oneself> (3) : to recognize the nature of : discern

b (1) : to recognize as being the same as something previously known (2) : to be acquainted or familiar with (3) : to have experience of

2a : to be aware of the truth or factuality of : be convinced or certain of

Also, I hope you are not taking anyone's comments as negative, this is a discussion board, and we are having a discussion.....Some people confuse " not agreeing " , or " asking questions ", or " discussing ", or " debating ", with being negative.

I assure you, I am not being negative, if I were going to be, it would be obvious.

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 4

The real question is, what methodology is there to sort the real deal from the pareidolia everyone knows exists in random patterns? How do you sort the genuinely random patterns that look kinda like faces from the manifested souls and ghosts that look kinda like faces

JesseCuster, this is a great question. A great question!! I can only tell you that I do not take photos of everything I think looks like a soul. It has to be a very strong image, indeed. Because I find souls in drip watercolors it's fairly easy for me to decipher what is a soul and what is not a soul.

I believe that "water" is really the catalyst that brings for the souls. Water, of course one of the elements, has extremely strong spiritual power, and I choose to use it to bring forth souls in my work.

Sincerely,

Greg

The real question is, what methodology is there to sort the real deal from the pareidolia everyone knows exists in random patterns? How do you sort the genuinely random patterns that look kinda like faces from the manifested souls and ghosts that look kinda like faces

JesseCuster, this is a great question. A great question!! I can only tell you that I do not take photos of everything I think looks like a soul. It has to be a very strong image, indeed. Because I find souls in drip watercolors it's fairly easy for me to decipher what is a soul and what is not a soul.

I believe that "water" is really the catalyst that brings for the souls. Water, of course one of the elements, has extremely strong spiritual power, and I choose to use it to bring forth souls in my work.

Sincerely,

Greg

That is easy..

You sort out reality, and what is known to be real, from blind faith, and urban legends / ghost stories.

Pretty easy really.

• Like 2