Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Not even sure where to put this

Jeremiah65

My brothers granddaughter was killed in a car wreck.....she looked like she was going to make it and passed today.....I have no idea what to say to my brother.....he is heartbroken....I so wish I could offer consoling words.....but I have none. I do not know what to say....she was only 7 years old.....how do you tell someone it will al be ok......

I am flattened....I have no words....

So sorry, Jeremiah. Words never seem enough for something like this.

Do you live close enough to visit him?

Sometimes words are not necessary, if you know what I mean...

Eyes, hugs, just being there, can say volumes more than our words can sometimes...

Even just your voice on the phone, letting him let go, just listening...

Edited by QuiteContrary

Thank you so much....we live miles and miles apart....I feel so bad for him and not knowing what to say is breaking my heart.....

When I told the boys their Mom was dead, we just held each other and cried. Don't tell him it gets better, it don't, it gets easier. Cry with him, even it just on the phone. Tell him how much you love him and her. Just be there for him to share with. I am so sorry for your loss.

• Like 1

My deepest condolences.

Be there for him, lend your strength, share his pain. let him scream at the cosmos, and tell him he will survive this. Darkwind is right: it doesn't get better, but it does get easier, over time.

My brothers granddaughter was killed in a car wreck.....she looked like she was going to make it and passed today.....I have no idea what to say to my brother.....he is heartbroken....I so wish I could offer consoling words.....but I have none. I do not know what to say....she was only 7 years old.....how do you tell someone it will al be ok......

I am flattened....I have no words....

There is nothing to do in such tragedy. Ony the truth and sharing in suffering. If you want advice on what to say, say the truth. It breaks yur heart and you don't have any words.

Take care