Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Author Wynter Wilkins.....vampires

Overdueleaf

here is a review of the new book Strigoi by Wynter Wilkens..

if you love reading about vampires this book is for you

Thank you VampireQueen. She had this to say about Strigoi.

I love reading vampire fiction. I am a huge Anne Rice fan and have felt a void in this type of fiction for many years. I found this book to be just what I was craving to fill that very need. From the beginning to the end I was taken on a journey as the plot twisted through the lives of these characters. There is a richness to the development of these characters which displays their human traits and is not afraid to show their flaws as well as their abundance of gifts. When I finished the book I instantly wanted more. I was beyond thrilled to learn that more books would be published by this author and cannot wait to see the continuation of this story. The blending of facts with her fiction writing mesmerized me. It was easy to identify with the characters which allowed my emotions to connect with the story as a whole in addition to the individual characters. I will actively be awaiting the second book in this series. If you love witches, vampires, stories that will make you question what is real and what is not, this series is for you. She has been able to demonstrate differences in "types" of vampires and gone one step further by showing how each persons own sense of morality can ultimately override the most basic of instincts for loyalty, for family, and even for love. Truly an excellent read for any fan of this genre!!! My last thoughts are give me more!

• Like 2

Well said vampire queen ..Leaf you will love this read!

• Like 2

i bet it's good .. i might read it after i finish reading the horror story of my life :D

• Like 1

this book was great read i didnt want to put it down but alas between work and sleep i had to. the book tells of love, deception, trust, faith all entertwined with the magic of witches, the seductiveness of vampires, and the quesdt for true and lasting love... highly recommend this book to all of you.. plus it was written by a fellow UMer.. what more could you want

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

This book was really, really good! It kept me glued to the pages right from the start. I loved the different twists through out it, the journey into love and faith, and eventually the ending wich was so well written it immediatly kept me wanting more.

Anyone who is a fan of Vampire lore, this one is definitly worth a read!

• Like 2

*tips my conical hat to you all* your support moves me in ways you can't begin to know, I feel so blessed to have you all in my life and to be able to share this story with each of you. The journey is incredible and I'm glad you all are along for the ride!

• Like 1

obviously the blind person,that burned their finger tips

• Like 2

*tips my stetson hat*

Edit to add... :)

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The support I've gotten not only from my UM friends but from others has been tremendous and I can't thank everyone enough. If everything goes as planned it is possible that by next year Book Two will be released. I wouldn't be surprised if some of my UM friends and family don't find their way into the series in one format or another....wonder if you will be able to identify them *cackles with a tip of my conical hat*

• Like 1

I have inside info ..so I will ask questions ..you know thaaaat

• Like 1

So I will ask all of you who love vampire books - why? What is the attraction?

@Child of Bast...I will not nor can not speak for anyone other than myself. There is much that can be done creatively speaking with the iconic vampire. I personal find fascinating how many different myths there are from around the world about them. Immortality affords one a great deal of room to move a character through space and time. For someone fascinated by eras, this character can literally be from any time in history and move forward through time. I find it intriguing the questions they must be able to ponder and have the lifetimes to seek the answers. Ideals of spirituality, loyalty, love, hate, revenge, need, and even want plague their every day and night. The idea that they (when talking about the undead variety) exist so closely on a river of life that every human needs for survival. They do what some have at one point or another thought of, defy death.

• Like 2

well said witchy

If you liked it, you shoulda put a ring on it! (or at least clicked on 'like'.) lol

• Like 1

well I did find the like button..and as for the ring perhaps sometime soon

• Like 2

• 3 years later...

i have read both Strigoi and Keys of Blood and I have to say that WitchinBoots is, literally, the Empress of the plot twist. No other author has been able to completely surprise me like she can. Her writing paints a picture in your mind and her characters leap off of the page and become people you like, love, admire and even hate. Anyone who has not read her books should do so, as they are masterful works.

• Like 1