Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Smoke-like mammal?

MongoMagnificent

My wife and I had picked up a mutual friend this evening around 11:00pm and were headed back to our house when something strange happened.

Recently a lot of road/electrical work is being down on the road that leads out to our house and maybe that can help explain this?

Anyway on the way back to our house, my wife was talking to our friend in the backseat when him and I noticed something - smoke-like, furry, crawling quickly towards my oncoming vehicle.

It moved like smoke or oil, dripping and rolling on the road, towards the vehicle.

I screamed out "Oh, ****!" as I at first I thought I was about to his 100 mice feeding, until I realized it was moving towards us.

Our friend hollered back "What the hell is that!?"

My wife quickly turned to watch the.. thing.. go under our car.

What on earth was it?

• Like 1

It moved like smoke or oil? Or smoke and oil? Dripping and rolling on the road.

Then add you also thought it was furry and crawling and 100 mice feeding?

------------

Interesting description, idk

Heat rising off the road? Low patches of fog? Swarm of insects? All three?

Did you turn around and pursue it to try to get a better look? Idk about you, but if I lived on that road I'd have been quite interested in figuring it out.

Ignoring any protest from my spouse or friend.

Edited by QuiteContrary

We turned around immediately to look for it and nothing!

It just vanished..

It moved like or rolling smoke OR oil!

At first glance, yes, it did appear perhaps a hundred mice were feeding on something but then as it undulated towards the car I took a closer look and it looked just like fur... no head, no eyes, no feet, no tail!

It was just so creepy.

• Like 1

Positive.

The title confused me like hell, so I had to check it out. I still can't believe what I just read. That sighting sounds incredible, definitely gonna follow this thread! :w00t:

It was 11pm. What were the weather conditions? What was the condition of your headlights? You say it "moved like smoke or oil", how so? Did it, like smoke, seem to come apart? Approximately how long and wide, would guesstimate it was?

• Like 3

The way it moved was.. well.. It seemed to roll like smoke from a building or oil down a slope. Does that sort of make sense?

It was about the size of a breadbox.

My headlights were replaced last year and are kept relatively clean, the weather conditions were a little stormy, a storm was rolling in which hit today around 230pm and was quite heavy!

After doing more research and talking to others, it came up, that possibly this was a Cucui (El Cucuy) which has been described as a shadow or smoke-like "monster" but is usually only in connection with children and as I'm 26 - I immediately wrote it off.

[media=]

[/media]

Is it sad that I actually remember watching this on SyFy I think? I was laughing so hard at that part...it was soooooo cheaply made.

The way it moved was.. well.. It seemed to roll like smoke from a building or oil down a slope.

Or a plastic bag blowing in the wind.....

Sounds like the defence mechanism from Lost... Just a little bit smaller.

Fog doesn't look like that around here, AliveInDeath7.

Rafterman, I'm 26 - I'm pretty sure I can identify a plastic bag in the wind.

What makes you think it was a mammal?

It appeared to be furry.

As a person not too quick to write off EVERY experience as being explained scientifically, perhaps it was some sort of spirit? That certainly is weird. Were you near any grave-yards...Or any place that paranormal activity has ever been reported?

ON the more rational side, it could have easily been some sort of freak fog burst due to cold water hitting warm ground, and the undertow of the vehicle causing it to puff and rotate, which would explain why it seemed to disappear. But, as I said, I am not quick to write it off so easily, considering there are so many unexplained things in this world.

Edited by DemonicCupcake

Paranormal activity had been reported in the neighbor hood by kids for years, yes.

We turned around immediately to look for it and nothing!

It just vanished..

It moved like or rolling smoke OR oil!

At first glance, yes, it did appear perhaps a hundred mice were feeding on something but then as it undulated towards the car I took a closer look and it looked just like fur... no head, no eyes, no feet, no tail!

It was just so creepy.

Thanks for sharing. It's the effect of a terrestrial Flyby Anomaly Phenomena. It's the after effects of fluid dark matter radiation interact with the water vapour and air above the road.

My wife and I had picked up a mutual friend this evening around 11:00pm and were headed back to our house when something strange happened.

Recently a lot of road/electrical work is being down on the road that leads out to our house and maybe that can help explain this?

Anyway on the way back to our house, my wife was talking to our friend in the backseat when him and I noticed something - smoke-like, furry, crawling quickly towards my oncoming vehicle.

It moved like smoke or oil, dripping and rolling on the road, towards the vehicle.

I screamed out "Oh, ****!" as I at first I thought I was about to his 100 mice feeding, until I realized it was moving towards us.

Our friend hollered back "What the hell is that!?"

My wife quickly turned to watch the.. thing.. go under our car.

What on earth was it?

The effects of a terrestrial Flyby Anomaly Phenomena. It's neutron-rich material from the center of the Earth emanating 'dark gravity' which affects the air and water vapour it interacts with.

See my conclusions for the dreadful 777 SFO crash in The Atlantic Wire.

Edited by RingFenceTheCity

Thanks for sharing. It's the effect of a terrestrial Flyby Anomaly Phenomena. It's the after effects of fluid dark matter radiation interact with the water vapour and air above the road.

You're making up crap.

No. It's much simpler than that.

Ok, someone else made it up and you're parroting it?

There has never been any detected fluid dark matter radiation, what ever the hell that is.