Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sarianne

Images of someone including a color

5 posts in this topic

Hello everyone :)

I'm new here. Recently an ex boyfriend of mine keeps popping up in my mind and I also get this image of a deep red color when this happens. Like I see him, then right after this deep red color. Does anyone know what this could mean? Its not a typical red color, but deeper and a little darker.

Its been a long time since we broke up, and I rarely go around having him in my mind, so I find this a bit peculiar.

Since I can't mentally process what this is, I try to "feel" the red color instead if that makes sense. It makes me feel good, satisfied in a way. Like after eating a good meal with someone lol Im aware that red may be associated with energy, sexuality and anger.

Personalities→Color Synethesia?

Im sure if I had something like that I would normally see/associate colors with people, not just this one time? I don't think I have that condition, as this never happens normally...

Posted (edited)

It sounds as if your mind is making a subconscious association between your ex and a colour. There would be a reason for this, but I wouldn't know what it was.

You might, if you thought about it and tried to talk to your subconscious mind.

For example what emotions do you generally, or in this case, associate with that deep dark red colour?

It is a powerful and fundamental colour repesenting a powerful and basic feeling but what does it mean to you? The association is a form of symbolism, just as all dreams have symbolic representations of conscious thoughts. For example, it might represent love or unresolved tensions, or even anger; or it might have a more complex meaning behind it. It is a colour, as you point out, associated with warning and danger, but also with love and passion..

It is interesting that your ex is suddenly popping up in your mind. This means your subconscious is bringing him to your conscious mind. At the same time your subconscious is also attaching a "red flag," (In this case literally a red flag) to his "name," to draw special attention to it, and make sure you do not ignore it

Perhaps you might have an inner desire to contact him and see how he is getting on, Or simply, your feelings for him are not yet completely resolved and settled within your subconscious, even if you think they are consciously.

Ps welcome to UM. You have brought an interesting and somewhat unique question to the forum. I have addressed it from an interest in symbolic mental constructs, and particularly dream symbology. Our subconscious is always trying to inform our conscious mind and resolve inner issues, but often we remain unaware of this. And most people do not understand the symbolic forms the subconscious generates as its form of expression and communication.

Edited by Mr Walker
1 person likes this

Thanks for the welcome and the thorough answer :)

I think you are on to something here. I have to say Ive had these quick mental images (or what to call it) of people in the past, and suddenly something with that person has become important right after or they were thinking of me at the time etc. Or what I saw happened later.

In this case Im not sure what I see has anything to do with him directly, or just about myself and what he represents. I can't go wrong if I maybe meditate a little on the color and see what more feelings and associations I get. I have to say that after we broke up he wanted to remain friends with benefits, but I refused. This is over a year ago, but maybe it relates to the color somehow.

I'd like to know if others have had experiences with colors like this and what it turned out to mean (if it meant anything at all).