Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Secrets of the Occult and world histroy !

LostSouls7

Well I came across this very interesting video.

It talks about the history of The occult!

I love this video.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_Qq2fwB_t0[/media]

One thing I find interesting is something that bugs me about today's religion.

Most Christian Religions Catholics etc. Say we are the leaders.

We communicate with God.. we tell you what to do.

You can't question anything.

But in old times everyone was able to do magick or comminicate with God.

In ancient Time The Rennisannce was when freedom and learning and art

was rising once again.

But now I see why Church leaders say don't read anything we don't approve.

They would lose their power and control over the people quickly I believe.

Tell me what you think.

Edited by LostSouls7

I think few religions consolidate power the way Christianity does...

• Like 1

Well I came across this very interesting video.

It talks about the history of The occult!

I love this video.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_Qq2fwB_t0[/media]

One thing I find interesting is something that bugs me about today's religion.

Most Christian Religions Catholics etc. Say we are the leaders.

We communicate with God.. we tell you what to do.

You can't question anything.

But in old times everyone was able to do magick or comminicate with God.

In ancient Time The Rennisannce was when freedom and learning and art

was rising once again.

But now I see why Church leaders say don't read anything we don't approve.

They would lose their power and control over the people quickly I believe.

Tell me what you think.

\

There was a time when Catholics weren't allowed to even read the bible.

\

There was a time when Catholics weren't allowed to even read the bible.

Thats why its become a pagan religion.....................................................

Thats why its become a pagan religion.....................................................

Catholicism is now a pagan religion? I am tempted to apply an emoticon to that statement....must resist... :whistle:

OP: a good little documentary, thanks. Never saw James Wasserman on video before...Temple of Solomon gives a good perspective on the bible etc.

• Like 1

Now I am insulted. :td:

@Lost Souls7

Watched the entire vid. Professionally presented. Nice overview. No hype. Well done.

• Like 1

So was the occult considered "occult" prior to Christianity, or was it just another spiritual tradition? Did Christianity invent & apply labels like "occult" or "pagan" as denigrating terms as as a means of creating a separation from the Church? Does anyone know?

• Like 1

What i find truly interesting.

Is occult people invented , writing, modern science

and medicine!

But back then they called them magicians and alchemist!

The crusades were the dark ages...

because new discoveries were not made.

So occult knowledge led to the creation of, music, writing,

medical knowledge, science etc.

OH not but the church says all those things are THE DEVIL!

You can't read or practice that..

I also see a similar end goal of paths to be immortal...

in many occult paths you try to reach immortality by getting to higher being..

In Christianity you try to reach immorality by not having sex or getting drunk..

not sining.. etc... to also become Eternal..

I just find the history of the occult interesting!

I think it's the fact that some darker magicians

who used their powers to curse people or control them with spells..

or actions at a distance.. and abused the knowledge..

is what gives the occult a bad rep!

That's why they paint the evil witch plotting to curse or poison someone etc...

in movies...

But most occult was about knowledge.. but like an axe that can be used to chop

wood or a person's head off.. it's all in how its used.. and not abused etc.

So was the occult considered "occult" prior to Christianity, or was it just another spiritual tradition? Did Christianity invent & apply labels like "occult" or "pagan" as denigrating terms as as a means of creating a separation from the Church? Does anyone know?

Well they burned people at the stake for being occulists or witches..

The church said everyone who did anything in the occult was the Devil.

I bet even people who used herbs for healing etc.. where classified as evil.

What it's always been about is the Church wanted full power and control...

Well they burned people at the stake for being occulists or witches..

The church said everyone who did anything in the occult was the Devil.

I bet even people who used herbs for healing etc.. where classified as evil.

What it's always been about is the Church wanted full power and control...

I would tend to agree. The church is most concerned with defining and controlling your beliefs system. By doing this, they control the parameters with which you live within.

• Like 1

I would tend to agree. The church is most concerned with defining and controlling your beliefs system. By doing this, they control the parameters with which you live within.

They church gained more than just control, they amassed a huge fortune in the process over which they want to maintain control. Enough to feed the poor or provide clean drinking water or life-saving medical care? It's the structure itself I object to, it seems to have become self-serving.

• Like 2

Occult (hidden) knowledge is more 'hidden' today than ever! This al-Khemia spirituality has been lost for the most part in our modern religions (Abrahamism), it has suffered repression and confabulation throughout the centuries, it is even misunderstood by many of today's so-called Occult organizations. It remains underground, and I believe few organizations truly understand the process and can teach it.

• Like 1

Back in the day Catholics were the 5h17. Some of the doctrines and grimoire written, were far more advanced than anything taught in B.C. Well except the pre sumer/atlantian/unkown golden age moment some mystics say we had. The advancement of the occult during the late 1800s was attributed to what was left behind.

Now its devolved into a feel good hippie like hobby. Like LostSouls7 (not trying to hate on ya but) for instance. Talks of "Dark Magicians" and a wrong way and right way to use the "secrets" hidden in "The Occult" your no different than the established religions you villainize.

Late 1800s was a big moment for separating magic from old dogmas but practitioners today throw out the baby with the bath water. Read up on some of the "occult" minds of those times just not crowley .

FYI LostSouls7 there are a few rituals on how to be immortal.... to a degree but non of em are good. Good and evil not based on social morality or empathy but Good and Evil based on ascending to higher levels of existence. In other words Staying on this plane of existence has been usually (from what ive learned its more like always instead of usually) viewed as evil aka The Dark Rite

• Like 1

They church gained more than just control, they amassed a huge fortune in the process over which they want to maintain control. Enough to feed the poor or provide clean drinking water or life-saving medical care? It's the structure itself I object to, it seems to have become self-serving.

I agree. I think the estimate is approximately 1 billion Catholics. What about instead of doing your "duty" and mumbling through the usual "call and response" crap every Sunday, these 1 billion people actually went out to provide "service" to those most in need. A big difference could be made in a short amount of time.

• Like 1

Back in the day Catholics were the 5h17. Some of the doctrines and grimoire written, were far more advanced than anything taught in B.C. Well except the pre sumer/atlantian/unkown golden age moment some mystics say we had. The advancement of the occult during the late 1800s was attributed to what was left behind.

Now its devolved into a feel good hippie like hobby. Like LostSouls7 (not trying to hate on ya but) for instance. Talks of "Dark Magicians" and a wrong way and right way to use the "secrets" hidden in "The Occult" your no different than the established religions you villainize.

Late 1800s was a big moment for separating magic from old dogmas but practitioners today throw out the baby with the bath water. Read up on some of the "occult" minds of those times just not crowley .

FYI LostSouls7 there are a few rituals on how to be immortal.... to a degree but non of em are good. Good and evil not based on social morality or empathy but Good and Evil based on ascending to higher levels of existence. In other words Staying on this plane of existence has been usually (from what ive learned its more like always instead of usually) viewed as evil aka The Dark Rite

I think I'm a lot different that the established religions.

The established religions only teach me to be a good slave...

and stay poor!

I write my OWN philosophy based on what I learn and I grow every day.

I was just saying the occult gets a bad rep sometimes...

I am about freedom and self empowerment.. but I don't fall under any one system

of beliefs. I take what I like form here and there and form my own path...

from people who only use it to hurt or control others and in a negative way.

Of course that just reflects the heart of the user now the magick it's self.

Interesting... I want to become immortal...

so far I've used methods to keep young skin and soul ...

but i study and work on new methods everyday....

blessings and lots of weed :)

Occult (hidden) knowledge is more 'hidden' today than ever! This al-Khemia spirituality has been lost for the most part in our modern religions (Abrahamism), it has suffered repression and confabulation throughout the centuries, it is even misunderstood by many of today's so-called Occult organizations. It remains underground, and I believe few organizations truly understand the process and can teach it.

Which organizations would you say truly understand and process and can teach it the right way?

Which organizations would you say truly understand and process and can teach it the right way?

The Temple of Set is a fine institution, the Herald of the Dawn, the Order of Phosphorus, Dragon Rouge, most of the Hermetic based groups, Thelema, certain Eastern schools . . . to name but a few.