Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
DeWitz

Eugenics alive and well

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Please note http://news.msn.com/us/calif-inmates-illegally-sterilized-new-report-shows

It has long been held that Hitler learned from US eugenics (Margaret Sanger, others). Even the 40's-70's syphilis tracking originating in Tuskegee, Alabama, abused individuals and destroyed communities. The US continues to lead the way in scientism, materialism and fascism. What think ye?

Edited by Waspie_Dwarf
fixed source link.
3 people like this

Please note msn.com/us/california-inmates-illegally-sterilized-new-report-shows.

It has long been held that Hitler learned from US eugenics (Margaret Sanger, others). Even the 40's-70's syphilis tracking originating in Tuskegee, Alabama, abused individuals and destroyed communities. The US continues to lead the way in scientism, materialism and fascism. What think ye?

Yep, Eugenics is alive and well....

2 people like this

szentgyorgy,

I have fixed your source link so that it works. I am also going to move this from the Science and Technology forum to the United States and the Americas forum, as it will be more appropriate there.

I was reading another story about this and while I don't approve of the prison system doing this a couple of the women had several kids, one had 5 and the other 7. I think they should of gotten one a long time ago if they can't stay out of prison. You know tax payers are supporting these kids.

Montano, 42, was serving time after pleading guilty to burglary, forgery and receiving stolen property. The mother of seven children, she said neither Heinrich nor the medical staff told her why she needed a tubal ligation.

http://www.salon.com/2013/07/07/female_inmates_sterilized_in_california_prisons_without_state_approval/

2 people like this

I was reading another story about this and while I don't approve of the prison system doing this a couple of the women had several kids, one had 5 and the other 7. I think they should of gotten one a long time ago if they can't stay out of prison. You know tax payers are supporting these kids.

But, I don't really think the government or state should dictate who is considered "appropriate" to have children and who isn't. That's pretty dangerous territory, I think.

4 people like this

But, I don't really think the government or state should dictate who is considered "appropriate" to have children and who isn't. That's pretty dangerous territory, I think.

I don't either, that's what I said. Personally I think if you can't get your act together you should do something. Don't keep fathering or giving birth to kids you can't take care of and probably don't but the government or prison system shouldn't force you into it.
2 people like this

As much as I am about having civil liberties, that idea is forfeit once you're not an individual sustaining one's self.

If you're going to live under my roof, you have to follow my rules. If you're going to be living off of a government, you ought to follow their rules. I would like to see this extended to those requiring assistance from our government, in addition to convicted felons in every state.

Simple fact is, if you're going to be living off my tax dollars, you better not be bringing more mouths to feed.

2 people like this

szentgyorgy,

I have fixed your source link so that it works. I am also going to move this from the Science and Technology forum to the United States and the Americas forum, as it will be more appropriate there.

Thank you.

As much as I am about having civil liberties, that idea is forfeit once you're not an individual sustaining one's self.

If you're going to live under my roof, you have to follow my rules. If you're going to be living off of a government, you ought to follow their rules. I would like to see this extended to those requiring assistance from our government, in addition to convicted felons in every state.

Simple fact is, if you're going to be living off my tax dollars, you better not be bringing more mouths to feed.

I don't think it should extend to convicted felons unless they were convicted of a sex crime then I feel castration is in order. But as far as people on government assistance, whole hearted yes I've been saying this for years. I also think we should take a look at their voting status but that is a different story. I would rather stop someone from getting pregnant than pay for an abortion or support that child through taxes.

"Human Weeds" and "War On The Weak" are two good sources of information about this subject. Check out the case of Carrie Buck for a sad story that wasn't taught in most American high schools. Her daughter was normal, but she was falsely categorized as "feebleminded". That was a catch-all term used by eugenicists to label all kinds of disliked people, from promiscuous girls to truant boys. Anyway, the girl was forcefully sterilized by the State. The US Supreme Court upheld it, and Justice Holmes said that "three generations of morons were enough". Not surprisingly, this dystopian practice was instituted by the American and British establishment (the more things change). The Nazis took it to the next predictable (Santayana, anybody?) stage.

1 person likes this

That particular slope is greased with Crisco. Never give that much control and power to the State. They probably won't relinquish it. In fact, they'll likely expand it to include groups that they dislike. The targeting might change with the administration. Blue State urban regions and Red State rural regions will take turns. Lower incomes will be the shared link between the two. Rabid leftists, as well as vicious rightists, would wholeheartedly support genocidal campaigns against "the wrong kind of people".