Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ugliest and best looking cryptids out there?

Clarakore

What are in your opinions the best looking looking cryptids?

On the other hand what are the most ugliest?

Finally, the most scariest? Or...

Best looking: El Cuero

Ugliest: El Chupacabra

Scariest: Dover Demon

• Like 1

This topic is why children shouldn't be allowed to use the internet.

• Like 2

Best looking: El Cuero

Ugliest: El Chupacabra

Scariest: Dover Demon

El Cuero as best looking?

Originally for me Champ/Nessie come in as best looking for being very cute. Big foot to me is so ugly and am kind of sick of hearing about it. Unsure why some are so obsessed? Then the scariest would be the lechuza.

But a revised list is now in effect.

Best looking: Atmospheric beasts (see image below).

2hdwrxx.jpg

Ugliset: Mothman, especially up close. Although this is a terrifying beast to think it appears before mass disasters and that many others are about to die from some freak event.

Scariest: Wendigo. It will eat you alive on the spot. Cannibalism...

What are in your opinions the best looking looking cryptids?

On the other hand what are the most ugliest?

Finally, the most scariest? Or...

Best looking?... Dryad... Nymph... Mermaid. In DnD looking at a Nymph is such as sight of beauty that it is a Save Versus Death.

Ugliest?... Mongolian Death Worm. Look it up. They are yucky.

Scariest?.... The one you see with your own eyes... Or, Dogman. Because it is a non-shapechanging werewolf, which are scary.

• Like 4

best looking - elf or Nymph

ugliest - Mongolian Death Worm , I agree DieChecker they look nasty and I hate bugs

Scariest - alien grey lol, I don't know If that could be considered a cryptid

• Like 1

Best looking: Mermaids

Ugliest: Chupacabra

Scariest: Raven Mockers

• Like 1

This topic is why children shouldn't be allowed to use the internet.

I'm sorry but ive seen you post on a few topics and all you seem to do is bash others and put others ideas and posts i have to ask what the hell is your problem?

I'm sorry but ive seen you post on a few topics and all you seem to do is bash others and put others ideas and posts i have to ask what the hell is your problem?

Maybe I'm just sceptical.

Eh, I mean skeptical.

Ugliest: Maybe the Jersey devil or the chupacabra. For more obscure cryptids, the Enfield horror or insectoid aliens. Espesically the insectoids, eerrghh.

Best looking: Um, this one I'm not so sure. I guess fairies or gnomes.

Scariest:That's a tough one. I would crap my pants if I saw any cryptid, being the easily frightened person that I am. The Mothman sounds pretty terrifying, though.

I'm going to add a category and say my favorite cryptids: It's a tie between aliens and atmospheric beasts. They're both really cool to me for some reason.

• 1 month later...

Prettiest: The Peryton.

peryton+a4.jpg

"If a peryton saw an opportunity to kill a human, it would take it unhesitatingly, and would be assured of success on account of its invulnerability to all weapons created by men. Moreover, once a peryton had killed a human, it would gain a prize valued beyond all others by these creatures. Fortunately for humanity, however, each peryton could only kill a single human with impunity – after that, its invulnerability was lost and it too could therefore be slain."

http://karlshuker.blogspot.com/search/label/winged%20deer

Ugliest: The Seamonk and Bishop Fish.

tumblr_m7mjc6uKaD1rxa1avo1_500.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_monk

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bishop-fish

Scariest: Megalania.

megalania_by_ministerart.jpg

"The name Megalania prisca was coined in 1859 by Sir Richard Owen to mean "Ancient Great Roamer"; the name was chosen "in reference to the terrestrial nature of the great Saurian". Owen used a modification of the Greek word ἠλαίνω ēlainō ("I roam"). The close similarity to the Latin word: lania(feminine form of "butcher") has resulted in numerous taxonomic and popular descriptions of the megalania mistranslating the name as: Ancient Giant Butcher."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megalania

This thread is so prejudice! All cryptids are beautiful in their own way and for you to ask people to judge them based on their looks alone is deplorable!...OK I'm just kidding around.

Best Looking: Werewolves

Ugliest: Bunyip

Scariest: Jersey Devil

Scariest would be the Popabawa. Anything with a huge penis and a modus operandi to sodomize would-be victims will have me glancing over my shoulder. Thank God they aren't real...Right?