Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shared Dreams

carmar26

About 3 years ago while I was home visiting my family I was out at the beach with my brother and sister. We were talking about childhood and some of the weirdest things we remembered. We talked about a lot of things strange things that day but when I started talking about this dream I had as a child that I still have to this day. AS I began to explain it I only said giant grey ball of yarn and my brother and sister filled in the rest of the dream like in a creepy horror movie. Both of them refuse to look into this at all as they are both people that seem to fear change. So about 2 weeks ago my older sister now 40 was visiting and we were talking about Childhood and from my living room she tells me about how she has been looking into dreams because she has had this same dream of her in a white void where there is a giant ball of grey yarn chasing after her and no matter how fast she runs she cannot get away from it until it catches her and she wakes up in a cold sweat.

As my wife put it the color drained from my face and I froze and completed what my sister had said.

We spent the next hour talking about it and explaining the dream to each other. To us there was no doubt that we now all 4 of us have had the same dream. I have been having this dream since at least 91.

The Dreams starts off where I am comfortable and peaceful then something startles me and I begin to run. My view changes from first to third person and I see myself being chased by this giant ball of gray thick clay like yarn. I run and zig zag back and forth I switch in and out of 1st and 3rd person view and right before it touches me I always see it massive in front of my face and then wake up in a cold sweat.

I know I am not explaining this correctly but the fact is we all have had the same dream since childhood and I am freaked out. When we try to tell people about this they call us crazy or try to say that maybe at some point one of us had the dream and has told the others but I can assure you we had never talked about it before. We all share this unique dream and it is about time we figure out why.

If anyone can try and help without putting us down or dismissing it as coincidence then please do J

Thank you

Confused sibling

• Like 2

Terrifying!

I dont think its terrifying I think its fascinating. You guys have a spiritual bond, perhaps you would be a very powerful force together if you practiced prayer or other psychic activities together. Perhaps the yarn is what ties you together? It is amazing how you are discovering this now, im sure there will be more to come. I hope that your family members will continue to be open about what is happening in their spiritual lives. It is my opinion that the more you embrace it the more the spiritual world will open up and speak to you. It is quite mysterious I know and no one on this site can answer it for you I dont believe, thats not to say any insight on the matter is not for you to receive. But I assume whatever is meant to be regarding these things will unfold for you in due time. It could be a slow process so keep on living your life and dont be too worked up about it. Just accept the possibility of impossibilities for now and let that grow on you.

Best regards..

:) :)

• Like 1

About 3 years ago while I was home visiting my family I was out at the beach with my brother and sister. We were talking about childhood and some of the weirdest things we remembered. We talked about a lot of things strange things that day but when I started talking about this dream I had as a child that I still have to this day. AS I began to explain it I only said giant grey ball of yarn and my brother and sister filled in the rest of the dream like in a creepy horror movie. Both of them refuse to look into this at all as they are both people that seem to fear change. So about 2 weeks ago my older sister now 40 was visiting and we were talking about Childhood and from my living room she tells me about how she has been looking into dreams because she has had this same dream of her in a white void where there is a giant ball of grey yarn chasing after her and no matter how fast she runs she cannot get away from it until it catches her and she wakes up in a cold sweat.

As my wife put it the color drained from my face and I froze and completed what my sister had said.

We spent the next hour talking about it and explaining the dream to each other. To us there was no doubt that we now all 4 of us have had the same dream. I have been having this dream since at least 91.

The Dreams starts off where I am comfortable and peaceful then something startles me and I begin to run. My view changes from first to third person and I see myself being chased by this giant ball of gray thick clay like yarn. I run and zig zag back and forth I switch in and out of 1st and 3rd person view and right before it touches me I always see it massive in front of my face and then wake up in a cold sweat.

I know I am not explaining this correctly but the fact is we all have had the same dream since childhood and I am freaked out. When we try to tell people about this they call us crazy or try to say that maybe at some point one of us had the dream and has told the others but I can assure you we had never talked about it before. We all share this unique dream and it is about time we figure out why.

If anyone can try and help without putting us down or dismissing it as coincidence then please do J

Thank you

Confused sibling

There is something in your family that you are all precieving. Do you know of any genetic predispositions that stalk your family? That's my first guess, but run through your mind is there anything hanging over your family? Often dreams like this represent something we are trying to become conscious of.

Edited by Seeker79
  • Like 2

Your dream is interesting and I tend to agree with Seeker that it is something that seems to be hanging over your family. My first thought was something ancestral. If you can not work out what it could be then you have been presented the chance at least through this dream to metaphysically deal with it. That's my feeling.

The ball of yarn represents an energy/consciousness. Is the yarn ball corded to you in anyway or trying to cord to you ?

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy