Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The 32 Absolute Best Selfies Of All Time

Clarakore

In case you don’t know, a selfie is a “picture taken of yourself that is planned to be uploaded to Facebook, Myspace or any other sort of social networking website.”

Here are the BEST OF THE BEST:

arrow3.gifView: Read more

After the laughs here is some recommended reading from Psychology Today: Making Sense of Selfies - Taking selfies feels problematic because we aren’t used to them

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Clarakore

• Purplos

• Paranoid Android

• d e v i c e

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, apart from the Photoshop "selfies", I'd prefer almost every photo I've ever uploaded to this crud. My apologies for being so harsh. These photos are not anything at all what I would put in my "top 32" (or even my top 100).

The 32 Absolute Best Selfies were only noteworthy for being either notoriously bad or humorous q:

As the Psychology Today article in the spoiler tags also noted, they would not remain popular for much longer.

That seems to be true as now healthies seem to be the new trend.

FORGET selfies, social networkers are increasingly posting "healthies" on social media to brag about their fitness and well-being.

As if pouty photos weren't enough, users are uploading pictures to Instagram, Twitter and Facebook of themselves working out or eating healthily as a ``badge of honour'', new research has found.

-snip

Are 'healthies' the new celebrity 'selfies'?

Like many yoga aficionados, Laura Kasperzak, 36, practices early in the morning when she can get some time by herself. “No one's up at 5:30 with me,” she said, referring to her husband and two young children. But unlike most other Zen seekers, before she does her first downward dog, she sets the timer on her Nikon camera to photograph herself every two seconds. After all, about 245,000 people who follow her on Instagram are waiting to see the results.

Kasperzak (LauraSykora) is one of the most popular in a group, most of them women, who post pictures of themselves posing in side crow or handstand on the photo-sharing app, often wearing brightly patterned leggings.

—snip

Gazing at their inner selfies

Most likely it will not end here and in a few months some other trend will appear, hopefully a bizarre one.

Edited by The world needs you

I find people who are so incredibly absorbed with themselves to be a bit mad and not at all healthy for the world.

Most of these were rather ordinary, some sad (getting grandma to hold your leg up to try to take a picture of your rear??). The animals ones were a bit cute 'cause they're accidental.

Also "selfies..." When did adults start putting "ies" on the end of words like two year olds?

I find people who are so incredibly absorbed with themselves to be a bit mad and not at all healthy for the world.

Most of these were rather ordinary, some sad (getting grandma to hold your leg up to try to take a picture of your rear??). The animals ones were a bit cute 'cause they're accidental.

Also "selfies..." When did adults start putting "ies" on the end of words like two year olds?

Those people are called narcissists