Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Scary' crow annoying residents

Still Waters

A "scary" crow which has begun pecking at the windows of homes in a Derby street is causing Hitchcock-style worries for residents.

People living on Portreath Drive, in Allestree, say they first noticed the "dishevelled-looking" bird in May.

Since then, the bird's antics have woken some residents at 04:30 BST and left marks on UPVC windows.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...yshire-23206966

No offenses here but people must be awfully weak and delicate to get this bothered over a bird.

It is simply doing what birds do; they see a reflection of themselves, think it's another rival and try to make it leave.

It'll go away eventually, just shoo it away then go on with life.

• Like 3

If I were afraid of crows I wouldn't be living here. They gather in my yard every morning and won't leave even if you go outside. If a hawk bothers one of them they will call up all of their crow friends and run him off. So I wouldn't bother the bird or he will call up his friends to attack you.

My neighbor had a bird come to her house every day for two summers. He would sit in a bush by her window then fly into the window then repeat the act. This would go on for about two hours before the bird would stop. It was weird to watch.

#Not News. Terrified townies scared to go outside because of a wild bird... get a grip!

How would these peeps survive a few minutes in the countryside? I have 20-30 crows and jackdaws around in the garden every morning when I put food out - mutual lack of threat - they become less wary in late spring/early summer while they are sourcing food for their young.

• Like 1

I like crows, I would honored if one came to my window and pecked. I got a bird feeder on one of my windows to entertain the cat. When it runs out of seed they peck at the window until I put seed in it.

Why is this news? Im sure other birds do this around the country.

Lol...poms scare so easily.

Seriously?

If it's that much of a problem, send Little Poot out with his BB gun and take care of it.

• Like 1

This makes me think of a house on the next street over. They must have a different type of grass or something, but every time I pass by, there are at least 20 crows sitting on the tiny front lawn. All the other lawns are free of crows.

I admit that might be a bit spooky, but not one bird tapping at the windows. lol