Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
docyabut2

Ancient Egyptian king's unique sphinx found

37 posts in this topic

A group of researchers is trying to determine how part of an ancient Egyptian king's unique sphinx ended up buried in Israel.

AFP reports a statue dedicated to Egyptian ruler Mycerinus, who ruled circa 2,500 BC and was builder of one of the three Giza pyramids, was uncovered at an archeological dig in Northern Israel Tuesday.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/science/2013/07/09/ancient-egyptian-king-unique-sphinx-found-in-israel/#ixzz2YboyZEjs

3 people like this

^^ Those are clearly Basset Paws. I don't know where this sphinx non-sense is coming from, but this shows the expansion of the cult of Their Drooly Excrensences out of Egypt.

--Jaylemurph

3 people like this

^^ Those are clearly Basset Paws. I don't know where this sphinx non-sense is coming from, but this shows the expansion of the cult of Their Drooly Excrensences out of Egypt.

--Jaylemurph

Why not Taweret ?

Oh wait ... dang ... I was side swiped wasn't I ... ? :lol:

~

" Beloved by the divine manifestation . . . that gave him eternal life " I like the inscription on the Sphinx. Sphinx! Two legs ! Sphinxs have always two legs ? Why ? Symbol of . . . ?

Anu , anna(Egyptian)was called Heliopolis by the Greeks and On in the Bible. Anu or 'anna' was also the Sumerian name for the sky or sky god. . . whose wife was Antu in the Babylonian culture . . his symbol of authority was the ' horned cap' , Kalacha.

And some of the members here say that I need psychiatric help. lol But this is a forum designed for all to give a point of view that they have researched.All is welcome!..Big smile & grinning teeth lmao.

An Egyption Sphinx found in Israel...anyone care to speculate on what the historical implications could be?

Moses was really an Egyptian Prince ?

~

Posted (edited)

Right now,my husband is listening to a youtube video about the Gnostics, with a guy that has theorized & has invented a term about the Arkons,beings that have experimented with the inhabitants of this Earth in our early history that the Gnostics were supposed to have had all of their information from.They are supposed to be connected to the Gnostics in their supposed writings. I just want to turn the stupid thing off but,he is interested. I have great patience & understanding.I try to explain about their unknown history etc,but,many people listen & accept that they know much from authors that also deceive & try to make a buck from their unfounded theories.Many so-called historical documents are also unfounded.Just my point of view. Now I can go to bed. Yes guys,that is something that I do do & in that meantime,I have no interest in writing to this site whilst I sleep on the other side of the globe. BTW, In regards to a certain member's comment about my cowardice etc,...You...Me...Outside Now! Lets have a debating duel! ..LMAO

Edited by GirlfromOz

" Beloved by the divine manifestation . . . that gave him eternal life " I like the inscription on the Sphinx. Sphinx! Two legs ! Sphinxs have always two legs ? Why ? Symbol of . . . ?

Anu , anna(Egyptian)was called Heliopolis by the Greeks and On in the Bible. Anu or 'anna' was also the Sumerian name for the sky or sky god. . . whose wife was Antu in the Babylonian culture . . his symbol of authority was the ' horned cap' , Kalacha.

No they have four legs.

Very interesting find though i see wild speculation is already on it's way despite some simple logical explanations for its location in the article.

Every object can help us building our image of the past and its great that at least some of this old Sphinx survived.

Posted (edited)

@GirlfromOz

Who ? Me ? ... or DG ?

~shudder~

`edit ~ post bumped ....

`

Edited by third_eye

~

I'm not sure if your question is a serious one, but I did see a TV program sometime ago that theorized his name came from the egyptian suffix "mosis", meaning "son of", which is attached to many names of pharohs. The program was leaning towards him actually being egyptian.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Moses' Hebrew mother, Jochebed, hid him when the Pharaoh ordered all newborn Hebrew boys to be killed, and the child was adopted as a foundling by the Egyptian royal family that found him in the reeds floating down the river. This is a biblical story about Moses' true story of his life & heritage.It seems that he later lost his temper when an Egyptian slave master killed one of his beloved Hebrew friends that caused him to kill him in anger, only to flee & retire to a more humble life as an ex murderer & shepherd in a distant village/town.But the Lord had more for him to accomplish.

Edited by GirlfromOz

Posted (edited)

If any Christian wants to cross-reference the old testament Bible with the Hebrew Torah,then they have the original source.The new Testament is the forgiveness via Jesus Christ,the son of God that God the Father had spoken & prophesied about for centuries in the old testament.The healing of the sins that Adam & Eve, & every son & daughter had committed and the decay & death of every offspring of Adam & Eve since the beginning of time after the countdown,were healed when the Lord Jesus died on the cross,who paid the penalty for it all,& for all of us as a lamb to the slaughter.He made it all real.He took upon himself every sin that mankind had sinned.Even the curtains in the temple tore as an earthquake of great magnitude trembled across the land.They all realized that he was the prophesied messiah.I present my case..There truly did exist,the son of God & the Messiah of the peoples of Israel

Edited by GirlfromOz

Posted (edited)

Believe it or not!

Edited by GirlfromOz

~

Right now,my husband is listening to a youtube video about the Gnostics, with a guy that has theorized & has invented a term about the Arkons,beings that have experimented with the inhabitants of this Earth in our early history that the Gnostics were supposed to have had all of their information from.They are supposed to be connected to the Gnostics in their supposed writings. I just want to turn the stupid thing off but,he is interested. I have great patience & understanding.I try to explain about their unknown history etc,but,many people listen & accept that they know much from authors that also deceive & try to make a buck from their unfounded theories.Many so-called historical documents are also unfounded.Just my point of view. Now I can go to bed. Yes guys,that is something that I do do & in that meantime,I have no interest in writing to this site whilst I sleep on the other side of the globe. BTW, In regards to a certain member's comment about my cowardice etc,...You...Me...Outside Now! Lets have a debating duel! ..LMAO

No they have four legs.

Very interesting find though i see wild speculation is already on it's way despite some simple logical explanations for its location in the article.

Every object can help us building our image of the past and its great that at least some of this old Sphinx survived.

@GirlfromOz

Who ? Me ? ... or DG ?

~shudder~

`edit ~ post bumped ....

`

I'm not sure if your question is a serious one, but I did see a TV program sometime ago that theorized his name came from the egyptian suffix "mosis", meaning "son of", which is attached to many names of pharohs. The program was leaning towards him actually being egyptian.

Moses' Hebrew mother, Jochebed, hid him when the Pharaoh ordered all newborn Hebrew boys to be killed, and the child was adopted as a foundling by the Egyptian royal family that found him in the reeds floating down the river. This is a biblical story about Moses' true story of his life & heritage.It seems that he later lost his temper when an Egyptian slave master killed one of his beloved Hebrew friends that caused him to kill him in anger, only to flee & retire to a more humble life as an ex murderer & shepherd in a distant village/town.But the Lord had more for him to accomplish.

If any Christian wants to cross-reference the old testament Bible with the Hebrew Torah,then they have the original source.The new Testament is the forgiveness via Jesus Christ,the son of God that God the Father had spoken & prophesied about for centuries in the old testament.The healing of the sins that Adam & Eve, & every son & daughter had committed and the decay & death of every offspring of Adam & Eve since the beginning of time after the countdown,were healed when the Lord Jesus died on the cross,who paid the penalty for it all,& for all of us as a lamb to the slaughter.He made it all real.He took upon himself every sin that mankind had sinned.Even the curtains in the temple tore as an earthquake of great magnitude trembled across the land.They all realized that he was the prophesied messiah.I present my case..There truly did exist,the son of God & the Messiah of the peoples of Israel

Moses' Hebrew mother, Jochebed, hid him when the Pharaoh ordered all newborn Hebrew boys to be killed, and the child was adopted as a foundling by the Egyptian royal family. This is a biblical story about Moses' true story of his heritage.It seems a shame that he lost his temper when an Egyptian slave master killed one of his beloved Hebrew friends that caused him to flee Egypt only to retire to a more humble life as an ex murderer & shepherd.But,the Lord had a job for him to do,a requirement by him to fulfil his prophesies! Now it was Moses that revealed & created the many Hebrew scriptures

I don't know if it is deep ignorance or willing deceit: The Pharaoh in question lived at least 1000 years before any Moses... if said person existed at all.

2 people like this

My first thought was why couldn't a pillaging army have carried it off, like Napolean's army, or the Nazis, or Alexander the Great. But apparently it was found in situ with a buried ancient city. So it appears legit to me...

My first thought was why couldn't a pillaging army have carried it off, like Napolean's army, or the Nazis, or Alexander the Great. But apparently it was found in situ with a buried ancient city. So it appears legit to me...

Wherein pillaging may not be so wrong. After all, nothing was found in the grave of the gentleman.

@GirlfromOz Not, and irrelevant. Thanks though.

Does anyone else think it looks fake?

The bible Moses grew up in Egypt ... whether it is one of / or many Moses ... I can't say, I tend to lean towards the Moses tale is a combination of numerous collected fables.

~

So could this lead to a legitimate claim by Egypt that they are the owners of the land currently in Israel?

For some reason the sphinx(es) fascinate(s) me. Not sure why. Neat that one was found in Israel.

Posted (edited)

The Christian understanding is that Jesus, the one they believe to be the messiah, died for the sins of all humanity. In this view, the messiah is supposed to be the blood sacrifice necessary for the forgiveness of sin; in other words, a human sacrifice. However, not only is this concept of the messiah not found in our Bible, but we are also taught quite clearly and consistently that no one can die for the sins of another, that one person's guilt cannot be forgiven because of another person's death. In Exodus 32:30-35, Moses tries to offer himself as an atonement for the sins of the People, by being written 'out of Thy book which Thou has written.' To be written out of Gd's book means to be written out of the Book of Life; therefore Moses is asking to die for the sins of the People. Gd's response is that it does not work that way, each man dies for his own sin:

And it came to pass on the morrow, that Moses said unto the people, Ye have sinned a great sin: and now I will go up unto the Etrnl; perhaps I shall make an atonement for your sin. And Moses returned unto the Etrnl, and said, Oh, this people have sinned a great sin, and have made them gods of gold. Yet now, if thou wilt forgive their sin...and if not, blot me, I pray thee, out of thy book which thou hast written. And the Etrnl said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book. Therefore now go, lead the people unto the place of which I have spoken unto thee: behold, mine Angel shall go before thee: nevertheless in the day when I visit I will visit their sin upon them. And the Etrnl plagued the people, because they made the calf, which Aaron made. [Exodus 32:30-35]

Please note that the text tells us that the one who sins is the one who receives the punishment, and no one else. The point is made again in Deuteronomy 24:16, where it explicitly says that no one can die for the sins of another:

The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the father. Every man shall be put to death for his own sin. [Deuteronomy 24:16]

The whole of Chapter 18 of the Book of Ezekiel expands upon and clarifies this principle. Furthermore, this chapter teaches that all we have to do to gain Gd's forgiveness is to stop doing the Bad and start doing the Good. Nowhere does it say that we must have a blood sacrifice for the forgiveness of sins. Please see Essay #2, 'A blood sacrifice is not required for forgiveness of sins.'

The word of the Etrnl came unto me again, saying, What mean ye, that ye use this proverb concerning the land of Israel, saying, The fathers have eaten sour grapes, and the children's teeth are set on edge? As I live, saith the Etrnl Gd, ye shall not have occasion any more to use this proverb in Israel. Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him. But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die. All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live. Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Etrnl Gd: and not that he should return from his ways, and live? But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die. When a righteous man turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and dieth in them; for his iniquity that he hath done shall he die. Again, when the wicked man turneth away from his wickedness that he hath committed, and doeth that which is lawful and right, he shall save his soul alive. [Ezekiel 18:1-4; 20-24; 26-27]

Again, this same principle is stated in the Book of Jeremiah. In the 31st chapter, Gd tells of a time in the future when no one will continue to believe in such a thing.

In those days they shall say no more, The fathers have eaten a sour grape, and the children's teeth are set on edge. But every one shall die for his own iniquity: every man that eateth the sour grape, his teeth shall be set on edge. [Jeremiah 31:29-30]

This is nothing but a restatement and elaboration on Deuteronomy 24:16: 'Every man shall be put to death for his own sin.' The simple and literal meaning of the biblical text needs no interpretation. It is clear and it is consistent:

No one can die to atone for the sins of another.

This is why Jews do not believe there was any redemptive power at all in Jesus' death. Such a belief is unbiblical; it has no basis in the sacred text and no justification in Jewish theology. This doctrine can be seen as an invention for the sake of post-event rationalization, in other words, to give meaning and purpose to the crucifixion after the fact.

Some Christians may choose to interpret other verses in the Bible to indicate the opposite, that one CAN die for the sins of another. If that were the case, this would mean that Gd changed His mind, or that He did not mean what He said in Deuteronomy 24:16: 'Every man shall be put to death for his own sin.'

But Gd does not change either His mind or His nature, as we read in Malachi 3:6,

For I am the Eternal, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

So in short; You don't need Jesus to repent and atone for sin, that's between you and G-d alone. I could prove to you beyond a shadow of a doubt that Jesus, not only is not the Messiah, but he also is not the subject of ANY Messianic prophecy. He is not prophetic fulfillment I assure you. 2000+ years and still no world peace.

Edited by brizink

Posted (edited)

Just like any civilization,other national religious artifacts creep in.Just like here in Australia & other countries,we have Islamic landmarks such as their temples & Minarets,which show that our countries allow such landmarks & acceptance of their own freedom of religion & their own cultural beliefs.That also DOES NOT mean that we were overtaken or previously ruled by such peoples!Now if our civilization were to disappear via other nations taking over & we escaped & fled to other areas,&, years in the future the territory was viewed & came under the archeological discoveries,no-one would be the wiser if a historian came & tried to explain them.I,in my own opinion,think that such is the case with the sphinx.The Hebrews gave immigrants their own freedoms by letting them display a seemingly 'out of place' monument.Now,if the sphinx is truly real,To them(the Hebrews) it might have been a reminder or an acceptance of being under Egyptian rule & slavery for many years until they were freed by Moses who helped to guide them out of Egypt &, they eventually settled in Israel, the promised land. Again,thousands of years later after Jesus(Yeshua) predicted that every stone of the temple etc would be overturned,Israel has returned.A prediction that the bible also mentions. Israel was laid waste for centuries after it's destruction.It was given back to them,the Israeli Jews in 1948.They(the Jewish Israelis)turned it into a lush flourishing territory.After that,everyone wanted the land & the exit of the Jews.It was previously an UNWANTED desert waste for many years.

Edited by GirlfromOz