Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ancient Egyptian king's unique sphinx found

docyabut2

A group of researchers is trying to determine how part of an ancient Egyptian king's unique sphinx ended up buried in Israel.

AFP reports a statue dedicated to Egyptian ruler Mycerinus, who ruled circa 2,500 BC and was builder of one of the three Giza pyramids, was uncovered at an archeological dig in Northern Israel Tuesday.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/science/2013/07/09/ancient-egyptian-king-unique-sphinx-found-in-israel/#ixzz2YboyZEjs

• Like 3

^^ Those are clearly Basset Paws. I don't know where this sphinx non-sense is coming from, but this shows the expansion of the cult of Their Drooly Excrensences out of Egypt.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 3

^^ Those are clearly Basset Paws. I don't know where this sphinx non-sense is coming from, but this shows the expansion of the cult of Their Drooly Excrensences out of Egypt.

--Jaylemurph

Why not Taweret ?

Oh wait ... dang ... I was side swiped wasn't I ... ? :lol:

~

" Beloved by the divine manifestation . . . that gave him eternal life " I like the inscription on the Sphinx. Sphinx! Two legs ! Sphinxs have always two legs ? Why ? Symbol of . . . ?

Anu , anna(Egyptian)was called Heliopolis by the Greeks and On in the Bible. Anu or 'anna' was also the Sumerian name for the sky or sky god. . . whose wife was Antu in the Babylonian culture . . his symbol of authority was the ' horned cap' , Kalacha.

And some of the members here say that I need psychiatric help. lol But this is a forum designed for all to give a point of view that they have researched.All is welcome!..Big smile & grinning teeth lmao.

An Egyption Sphinx found in Israel...anyone care to speculate on what the historical implications could be?

Moses was really an Egyptian Prince ?

~

Right now,my husband is listening to a youtube video about the Gnostics, with a guy that has theorized & has invented a term about the Arkons,beings that have experimented with the inhabitants of this Earth in our early history that the Gnostics were supposed to have had all of their information from.They are supposed to be connected to the Gnostics in their supposed writings. I just want to turn the stupid thing off but,he is interested. I have great patience & understanding.I try to explain about their unknown history etc,but,many people listen & accept that they know much from authors that also deceive & try to make a buck from their unfounded theories.Many so-called historical documents are also unfounded.Just my point of view. Now I can go to bed. Yes guys,that is something that I do do & in that meantime,I have no interest in writing to this site whilst I sleep on the other side of the globe. BTW, In regards to a certain member's comment about my cowardice etc,...You...Me...Outside Now! Lets have a debating duel! ..LMAO

Edited by GirlfromOz

" Beloved by the divine manifestation . . . that gave him eternal life " I like the inscription on the Sphinx. Sphinx! Two legs ! Sphinxs have always two legs ? Why ? Symbol of . . . ?

Anu , anna(Egyptian)was called Heliopolis by the Greeks and On in the Bible. Anu or 'anna' was also the Sumerian name for the sky or sky god. . . whose wife was Antu in the Babylonian culture . . his symbol of authority was the ' horned cap' , Kalacha.

No they have four legs.

Very interesting find though i see wild speculation is already on it's way despite some simple logical explanations for its location in the article.

Every object can help us building our image of the past and its great that at least some of this old Sphinx survived.

@GirlfromOz

Who ? Me ? ... or DG ?

~shudder~

`edit ~ post bumped ....

`

Edited by third_eye

~

I'm not sure if your question is a serious one, but I did see a TV program sometime ago that theorized his name came from the egyptian suffix "mosis", meaning "son of", which is attached to many names of pharohs. The program was leaning towards him actually being egyptian.

• Like 1

Moses' Hebrew mother, Jochebed, hid him when the Pharaoh ordered all newborn Hebrew boys to be killed, and the child was adopted as a foundling by the Egyptian royal family that found him in the reeds floating down the river. This is a biblical story about Moses' true story of his life & heritage.It seems that he later lost his temper when an Egyptian slave master killed one of his beloved Hebrew friends that caused him to kill him in anger, only to flee & retire to a more humble life as an ex murderer & shepherd in a distant village/town.But the Lord had more for him to accomplish.

Edited by GirlfromOz

If any Christian wants to cross-reference the old testament Bible with the Hebrew Torah,then they have the original source.The new Testament is the forgiveness via Jesus Christ,the son of God that God the Father had spoken & prophesied about for centuries in the old testament.The healing of the sins that Adam & Eve, & every son & daughter had committed and the decay & death of every offspring of Adam & Eve since the beginning of time after the countdown,were healed when the Lord Jesus died on the cross,who paid the penalty for it all,& for all of us as a lamb to the slaughter.He made it all real.He took upon himself every sin that mankind had sinned.Even the curtains in the temple tore as an earthquake of great magnitude trembled across the land.They all realized that he was the prophesied messiah.I present my case..There truly did exist,the son of God & the Messiah of the peoples of Israel

Edited by GirlfromOz

~

Right now,my husband is listening to a youtube video about the Gnostics, with a guy that has theorized & has invented a term about the Arkons,beings that have experimented with the inhabitants of this Earth in our early history that the Gnostics were supposed to have had all of their information from.They are supposed to be connected to the Gnostics in their supposed writings. I just want to turn the stupid thing off but,he is interested. I have great patience & understanding.I try to explain about their unknown history etc,but,many people listen & accept that they know much from authors that also deceive & try to make a buck from their unfounded theories.Many so-called historical documents are also unfounded.Just my point of view. Now I can go to bed. Yes guys,that is something that I do do & in that meantime,I have no interest in writing to this site whilst I sleep on the other side of the globe. BTW, In regards to a certain member's comment about my cowardice etc,...You...Me...Outside Now! Lets have a debating duel! ..LMAO

No they have four legs.

Very interesting find though i see wild speculation is already on it's way despite some simple logical explanations for its location in the article.

Every object can help us building our image of the past and its great that at least some of this old Sphinx survived.

@GirlfromOz

Who ? Me ? ... or DG ?

~shudder~

`edit ~ post bumped ....

`

I'm not sure if your question is a serious one, but I did see a TV program sometime ago that theorized his name came from the egyptian suffix "mosis", meaning "son of", which is attached to many names of pharohs. The program was leaning towards him actually being egyptian.

Moses' Hebrew mother, Jochebed, hid him when the Pharaoh ordered all newborn Hebrew boys to be killed, and the child was adopted as a foundling by the Egyptian royal family that found him in the reeds floating down the river. This is a biblical story about Moses' true story of his life & heritage.It seems that he later lost his temper when an Egyptian slave master killed one of his beloved Hebrew friends that caused him to kill him in anger, only to flee & retire to a more humble life as an ex murderer & shepherd in a distant village/town.But the Lord had more for him to accomplish.

If any Christian wants to cross-reference the old testament Bible with the Hebrew Torah,then they have the original source.The new Testament is the forgiveness via Jesus Christ,the son of God that God the Father had spoken & prophesied about for centuries in the old testament.The healing of the sins that Adam & Eve, & every son & daughter had committed and the decay & death of every offspring of Adam & Eve since the beginning of time after the countdown,were healed when the Lord Jesus died on the cross,who paid the penalty for it all,& for all of us as a lamb to the slaughter.He made it all real.He took upon himself every sin that mankind had sinned.Even the curtains in the temple tore as an earthquake of great magnitude trembled across the land.They all realized that he was the prophesied messiah.I present my case..There truly did exist,the son of God & the Messiah of the peoples of Israel

Moses' Hebrew mother, Jochebed, hid him when the Pharaoh ordered all newborn Hebrew boys to be killed, and the child was adopted as a foundling by the Egyptian royal family. This is a biblical story about Moses' true story of his heritage.It seems a shame that he lost his temper when an Egyptian slave master killed one of his beloved Hebrew friends that caused him to flee Egypt only to retire to a more humble life as an ex murderer & shepherd.But,the Lord had a job for him to do,a requirement by him to fulfil his prophesies! Now it was Moses that revealed & created the many Hebrew scriptures

I don't know if it is deep ignorance or willing deceit: The Pharaoh in question lived at least 1000 years before any Moses... if said person existed at all.

• Like 2

My first thought was why couldn't a pillaging army have carried it off, like Napolean's army, or the Nazis, or Alexander the Great. But apparently it was found in situ with a buried ancient city. So it appears legit to me...

My first thought was why couldn't a pillaging army have carried it off, like Napolean's army, or the Nazis, or Alexander the Great. But apparently it was found in situ with a buried ancient city. So it appears legit to me...

Wherein pillaging may not be so wrong. After all, nothing was found in the grave of the gentleman.

The bible Moses grew up in Egypt ... whether it is one of / or many Moses ... I can't say, I tend to lean towards the Moses tale is a combination of numerous collected fables.

~

So could this lead to a legitimate claim by Egypt that they are the owners of the land currently in Israel?

For some reason the sphinx(es) fascinate(s) me. Not sure why. Neat that one was found in Israel.

Just like any civilization,other national religious artifacts creep in.Just like here in Australia & other countries,we have Islamic landmarks such as their temples & Minarets,which show that our countries allow such landmarks & acceptance of their own freedom of religion & their own cultural beliefs.That also DOES NOT mean that we were overtaken or previously ruled by such peoples!Now if our civilization were to disappear via other nations taking over & we escaped & fled to other areas,&, years in the future the territory was viewed & came under the archeological discoveries,no-one would be the wiser if a historian came & tried to explain them.I,in my own opinion,think that such is the case with the sphinx.The Hebrews gave immigrants their own freedoms by letting them display a seemingly 'out of place' monument.Now,if the sphinx is truly real,To them(the Hebrews) it might have been a reminder or an acceptance of being under Egyptian rule & slavery for many years until they were freed by Moses who helped to guide them out of Egypt &, they eventually settled in Israel, the promised land. Again,thousands of years later after Jesus(Yeshua) predicted that every stone of the temple etc would be overturned,Israel has returned.A prediction that the bible also mentions. Israel was laid waste for centuries after it's destruction.It was given back to them,the Israeli Jews in 1948.They(the Jewish Israelis)turned it into a lush flourishing territory.After that,everyone wanted the land & the exit of the Jews.It was previously an UNWANTED desert waste for many years.

Edited by GirlfromOz

So could this lead to a legitimate claim by Egypt that they are the owners of the land currently in Israel?

They don't need that, Israel was a client state or colony of Egypt (with two short interruptions) until the Greeks took the whole shebang over.