Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Ashotep

Saudi princess charged with human trafficking

17 posts in this topic

This princesses family hired a Kenyan woman and others to be housekeepers in Saudi Arabia. They were promised $1,600 a month for 8 hours a day 5 days a week. They brought them here and only paid them $220. a month for 16 hours a day 7 days a week. She escapes and ended up going to the police and the princess is being charged with human trafficking. They set her bail at 5 million and she's not suppose to leave the country. She could get up to 12 years in prison for this and I hope she does.

What do you bet she serves no time and returns to Saudi Arabia to continue this practice.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/07/11/saudi-princess-charged-with-human-trafficking-in-california/

4 people like this

I just don't get it with these so called 'wealthy' and some even highly 'educated' sorts ... they do the dumbest and most atrocious things ...

what is it that makes them think that others are lower forms of human .......

there are more than a few cases these past years and one would think they would have learned already ... or are they so cut off from the world ...

~

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

what is it that makes them think that others are lower forms of human .......

~

money and power, they can do things you can't, so that makes them, in their mind, higher class. did you really have to ask that?

may be she'll eat something in jail that she is allergic to....

Edited by aztek

money and power, they can do things you can't, so that makes them, in their mind, higher class. did you really have to ask that?

Not all are like so ... I've met many wealthy or high 'class' and 'powerful' people who are most humble and down to earth ... a couple of them are related to the local 'royal families' ( albeit distant ) ... putting the blame on power and money gives these nuts an excuse and play the 'victim' card themselves ...

`

2 people like this

This has also happened in Virginia at a Saudi diplomat compound back in May. Some things you shouldn't get diplomatic immunity for.

Here is a thread that I started about it.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=247200

1 person likes this

if you think tat was bad, you should see how Indian\Bangladeshi.... construction workers are treated in Saudi Arabia, around 1\4 doesn't make back home.

4 people like this

Not all are like so ... I've met many wealthy or high 'class' and 'powerful' people who are most humble and down to earth ... a couple of them are related to the local 'royal families' ( albeit distant ) ... putting the blame on power and money gives these nuts an excuse and play the 'victim' card themselves ...

`

not all, but some are, and they would not be that way if they didn't have money and power

1 person likes this

If people have it in them to be this way money and power will bring it out more.

3 people like this

not all, but some are, and they would not be that way if they didn't have money and power

I see your point ... but lets not forget the many that are nowhere rich or powerful who shares such tendencies ...

money and power might make these more inclined ...

~

1 person likes this

may be she'll eat something in jail that she is allergic to....

If she actually goes to jail. What do you bet she's allowed to leave the country?
2 people like this

unfortunately you most likely right.

1 person likes this

Earlier this year it was a case of a high Office in Taiwanese Trade 'lady' who practically kidnapped a young woman in her teens back in Taiwan and held her as a captive slave in the US ...

the kid was reunited with her long lost mother and was became a quite high profile case ... if I'm not wrong it all got swept under the Diplomatic Immunity rug too

1 person likes this

the problem with people is they get little rich and they start to think people are slaves just because they have money

i say she should be forced to work as housekeeper for 40 years to get her feets back on the ground

there can only be ONE princess ! and that's third-eye

3 people like this

Sudden riches and status can wreak havoc with the minds of some. It is not about being rich or having status per se, its about believing that having extra privileges equals having extra duties and responsibilities towards others. This 'princess' might have been spending more on one item of clothing than her maid's annual salary without second thought...small people with mean characters will remain the same with or without riches and titles.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

This princesses family hired a Kenyan woman and others to be housekeepers in Saudi Arabia. They were promised $1,600 a month for 8 hours a day 5 days a week. They brought them here and only paid them $220. a month for 16 hours a day 7 days a week. She escapes and ended up going to the police and the princess is being charged with human trafficking. They set her bail at 5 million and she's not suppose to leave the country. She could get up to 12 years in prison for this and I hope she does.

What do you bet she serves no time and returns to Saudi Arabia to continue this practice.

http://www.rawstory....-in-california/

This story is nothing new..... it happens all the time in the western nations.

I dont agree with it but it does happen a lot.

Edited by acidhead
2 people like this

the problem with people is they get little rich and they start to think people are slaves just because they have money

i say she should be forced to work as housekeeper for 40 years to get her feets back on the ground

there can only be ONE princess ! and that's third-eye

do I get a pink tiara ?

:lol:

`

2 people like this

This story is nothing new..... it happens all the time in the western nations.

I dont agree with it but it does happen a lot.

I know, this is the second time I have started a thread about it. Back in May they were investigating a Saudi diplomatic compound in Virginia over the same issue. Bet nothing ever happened over that either. Never heard or read another word about it.
1 person likes this