Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obsessive compulsive patient who loves number

markdohle

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• markdohle

• Kazahel

• Emma_Acid

Interesting but I find some of the retelling slightly odd.

The Dr says it was an unusual circumstance because the person was obsessive compulsive and remembered numbers. So the Dr then says she was a little more interested in that and then talked more about it. They wrote the number down but then didn't think much of it. And to me that is somewhat odd.

Then the day came(so implying multiple days later)they take the machine out of the room but asked the maintenance to climb up on a ladder to dust off the top. I'm not sure what she means exactly by a ladder(or if it was something they had to get in order to dust off the top..) but to do all this days later I find strange. So they were interested enough to write this number down and keep it but didn't do anything about it for days.

So yeah to me some of the story doesn't quite sit right. I guess perhaps the machine could've been in a place that was harder to get to before?.. but you really would think you would try to check that number straight away if you were interested. And she didn't say they didn't check because they couldn't before, it was more that they wrote the number down but didn't think much of it(even though they were interested enough to write it down in the first place).

Edited by Kazahel

Interesting but I find some of the retelling slightly odd.

The Dr says it was an unusual circumstance because the person was obsessive compulsive and remembered numbers. So the Dr then says she was a little more interested in that and then talked more about it. They wrote the number down but then didn't think much of it. And to me that is somewhat odd.

Then the day came(so implying multiple days later)they take the machine out of the room but asked the maintenance to climb up on a ladder to dust off the top. I'm not sure what she means exactly by a ladder(or if it was something they had to get in order to dust off the top..) but to do all this days later I find strange. So they were interested enough to write this number down and keep it but didn't do anything about it for days.

So yeah to me some of the story doesn't quite sit right. I guess perhaps the machine could've been in a place that was harder to get to before?.. but you really would think you would try to check that number straight away if you were interested. And she didn't say they didn't check because they couldn't before, it was more that they wrote the number down but didn't think much of it(even though they were interested enough to write it down in the first place).

Well in anycase, for it to make an impact, this kind of event would have to happen more than just once.

peace

Mark

Someone telling a story isn't evidence of anything. Its an anecdote.

• Like 4

Someone telling a story isn't evidence of anything. Its an anecdote.

Well it is if someone believes the story because the person is trustworthy then for them it is evidence, worthy of belief. It happens in a court of law all the time, though of course there are diffiuclties with that....people do lie ;-). If it happened it happened, yet you are right, for science it has to be demonstarted over and over again. The problem, at least for now is it can't be done. So all we have is anedotal stories. Though for some NDE's and OBE's there are times when veridical information does prove to be correct.

Peace

mark