Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Teachers 'denied schoolboy, 10, water

Commander CMG

• Kora Blagden claims her son was told he could not drink water
  • She says teacher told him it could be unfair to fasting classmates
  • Said teacher made decision on Thursday when temperatures hit 28 degrees

arrow3.gifView: Read more

Very silly.

Not the Muslim fasting childrens fault or the the boys or his parent.

Obviously a poorly educated teacher who has no idea how to deal with multiple faiths.

I spent a good many years teaching Government officials from Africa and Asia, often many faiths in the same class. I had very little knowledge of faiths but managed to accommodate them all using my common sense and never offended anyone.

I had far less training than a teacher, I learnt my trade outside of the institution of School, college the university.

• Like 8

Dopey Pollock of a teacher.

Kids are excused from a strict fast, as areregnant women, and water isn't forbidden except amongst he most insanely devout.

• Like 1

Two drawbacks with this story.

1. It does show that somebody that's allegedly trained to educate children quite possibly isn't. (Though from distant memory of my time in primary it shows that things never change)

2. This is from the Daily mail. And this is a paper that just loves to show how bad things are in the UK.

Cant actually find this report in any of the local Portsmouth Newspapers, so I am wondering how the Daily Mail got it? Was it just manufactured... I dont know but if the woman went direct to the Daily Mail then possibly money was exchanged.. :unsure2:

1. It does show that somebody that's allegedly trained to educate children quite possibly isn't. (Though from distant memory of my time in primary it shows that things never change)

That's the one big problem with teacher training. We are taught how to educate children. But the one year course covers nothing of actual subject matter, just how to teach it. We're expected to learn the material for ourselves.

For some of us, that's no problem but there are others who go into teaching because they think it's an easy life and they can get a PGCE from wherever with a degree in shelf-stacking or whatever it is now. So we get teachers like this who know next to nothing and whose knowledge base consists purely of wikipedia.

• Like 1

Cant actually find this report in any of the local Portsmouth Newspapers, so I am wondering how the Daily Mail got it? Was it just manufactured... I dont know but if the woman went direct to the Daily Mail then possibly money was exchanged.. :unsure2:

It would be all over my facebook, i have friends and family who live in Portsmouth and I live a few miles away, if it was true it would be on the feeds. It was not in the local newspaper either

• Like 1