Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

10 American Foods That Are Banned

jugoso

Americans are slowly waking up to the sad fact that much of the food sold in the US is far inferior to the same foods sold in other nations. In fact, many of the foods you eat are BANNED in other countries.

Here, I’ll review 10 American foods that are banned elsewhere, which were featured in a recent MSN article.

Seeing how the overall health of Americans is so much lower than other industrialized countries, you can’t help but wonder whether toxic foods such as these might play a role in our skyrocketing disease rates.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/07/10/banned-foods.aspx

well that was depressing

Yes, it is. I was surprised to see farm raised salmon as #1.I wonder how the new genetically modified "frakenfish" will go over?

• Like 2

furthermore, "coca-Cola" in Oz is different to that in the US (we use sugarcane syrup IIRC and you lot use something else) as is the contents and means of manufacture of KFC, the meat patties in McDonalds.... either we're prissy about our foods or you're lax.

• Like 2

'Tis good to see Aust. is showing some inititive into banning this nonsence>quantity/estimated delivery time.

I'm happy in the middle ground, I know maccas isn't the best, but I do not live on it so meh. But on the other hand I could in no way believe the hype of or conduct vegetarianism or veganism, people only say it's cruel to eat animals because of our screwy upbringing, gurranteed if we all lived Hunter Gatherer style still and harvested our own food we would have no recolection of a need of absolutely no meat nor would you care that you're eating your animal/s... if you don't the world will eat you & that's exactly what is happening to Human kind now interlectually, we have stopped collecting our own food in doing so we have allowed the world to consume and disapate reality.

It's crazy, Considering the royals only stopped eating HUMAN FLESH 150 years ago how in the blue hell can you justify being a Vegan, there's still mass amount of cannibal tribes in Aust. and PNG. I'm not saying partake in being a pre-dead zombie but grow a set and live for yourself not for someone through a harmfull protest. That's all I see vegetarians, vegans, ect. as self-harming protestors, that's right no different to some emo kid. The similarities are hysterical when you do look at it.

Whilst writing this I thought of something in which I thought was funny,

Vegan Missionaries sent into Cannibal tribes to teach them better. Thanks Christianity you finally helped solve something :P

mercola.com is what we call "fringe science"

there's still mass amount of cannibal tribes in Aust.

where the blue blazes did you hear that nonsense?

• Like 1

where the blue blazes did you hear that nonsense?

Edit: Sorry I may have over stated by saying mass, but the following below are what I know of, let alone the ones we don't.

SWOH I live near 7 known non-civilised tribes. There are parts of our forests we are told to stay out of for a bloody good reason. This isn't hearsay this is common knowledge.

Personally I don't mind, I know what they are hiding when it comes to FNQ. I wasn't trying to incite some sort of battle over it, I come from a originating settling family there is a lot that isn't said a loud in public, which is now majorly available if like all things you do your research right but still once again is classed as speculation like all other topics this site discuss'. But yeah they exist still, realistically to be shamanistic like the aboriginals are in their dreamtime hunter gather tribes it kind of requires sorts of cannibalism, they aren't monsters like you picture them to be but there is rituals and ceremonies. Ignorance is bliss for most, but in all honesty with what we don't know would embarrass everything the english have taught for decades to show strength much of which has already had to be re-written, you really think Ancient Aust and PNG didn't share mysticism while they were sharing women and trade, same can be said for parts of indonesia where sharmanism of sorts is still publicly displayed, it's same for PNG public view wise.

Edited by chopmo

Asfr as I knew the only people here now in Oz who ate other people were we Catholics, and we only eat one person and that's our God!

Farm rasied Salmon is not banned in Finland

Nor anywhere else if it is not raised on synthetic astaxanthin.

It is not the salmon, it is the food they fed it.

mercola.com is what we call "fringe science"

Not exactly sure what your point is. The article doesn´t discuss possible theories but presents factual information. I would also suggest that a lot of things recognized today as factual and standard practice would have been considered "fringe" at the time.

About Dr. Mercola

Dr. Mercola's mission is to educate and provide simple inexpensive tools to help limit or avoid expensive and potentially dangerous drugs and surgery.

Yes, this would certainly be considered "fringe" within todays medical system which operates according to these priciples:

clinical trials conducted by heavily biased "researchers," advertisements and news stories carefully scripted to scare you into belief, highly polished corporate offices and corporate websites, and an extreme focus on whatever has the most profit potential - not lifesaving or life-enhancing potential - are not qualifications.

Edited by jugoso

Yes, it is. I was surprised to see farm raised salmon as #1.I wonder how the new genetically modified "frakenfish" will go over?

I wasn't surprised. You should see the sorry state of fish farms, and the government ineptitude and cover ups.

[media=]

[/media]

That's all I see vegetarians, vegans, ect. as self-harming protestors, that's right no different to some emo kid. The similarities are hysterical when you do look at it.

Right, just a bunch of immature Emo kids, like;

Plato

Socrates

Albert Einstein

Leo Tolstoy

Henry David Thoreau

Emerson

Benjamin Franklin

Alexander Pope

Sir Issac Newton

Pythagoras

Gandhi

Leonardo Da Vinci

Voltaire

Milton

Charles Darwin

Schweitzer

Percy Byssche Shelly

Mary Shelly

George Bernard Shaw

Confucius

Edited by redhen

I do like what Leonardo was reputed to have said about his vegetarianism- "I rfuse to mke my body a graveyard for other animals"

Right, just a bunch of immature Emo kids, like;

Plato

Socrates

Albert Einstein

Leo Tolstoy

Henry David Thoreau

Emerson

Benjamin Franklin

Alexander Pope

Sir Issac Newton

Pythagoras

Gandhi

Leonardo Da Vinci

Voltaire

Milton

Charles Darwin

Schweitzer

Percy Byssche Shelly

Mary Shelly

George Bernard Shaw

Confucius

Philospher's guide (Morjority you listed I consider are, with others not too far from the claim), not shove ideals down peoples throat as today's "activists" approach the situation in today's terms in my opinion, so your rebuttle mind you whilst informationally correct, context has been raped from what I intended.

Asfr as I knew the only people here now in Oz who ate other people were we Catholics, and we only eat one person and that's our God!

LOL bickies and wine -_-

SWOF, We also don't focus on PNG tribes being alive and well which is a mere boat ride away.

"Ain't nobody got time for that"

SWOF... there's a lot in general we don't know about the aboriginies, let alone the deals between gov and aboriginies and the mishaps that have currently been swept under the rug, which has lead to certain aspects of australia to be... "that just how it is i guess"... you learn a lot talking to activist magestrates.

Too much reconciliation, reformation of laws, apologies and admittance that the Gov was wrong to turn back now. Possibly in later generations they will laugh at the ignorance that takes place.

Anyways back to the food.

Any stats on horse meat being used still? :P