Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Israel? Destroys Russian Yahkonts in Syria

and-then

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/report-israel-behind-recent-strike-on-syria-missile-depot-u-s-officials-say-1.535502

A not so subtle message for Pooty poot that his S-300s will also make for a nice bonfire if they arrive. :)

I don't understand all this recent aggression from israel towards syria, I mean wouldn't it be in israels favour to maintain the current regime? I dont recall asad calling for the destruction of isael, but the "terrorists" fighting against him have! So hmmm why provoke?

I don't understand all this recent aggression from israel towards syria, I mean wouldn't it be in israels favour to maintain the current regime? I dont recall asad calling for the destruction of isael, but the "terrorists" fighting against him have! So hmmm why provoke?

Personally I believe with Assad gone, and the resulting Chaos that rebel factions vying for control will create,will give Isreal a good air corridor to nail Irans nuclear facilities.

That is the bigger picture here.

Edited by shaddow134
  • Like 1

Personally I believe with Assad gone, and the resulting Chaos that rebel factions vying for control will create,will give Isreal a good air corridor to nail Irans nuclear facilities.

Possibly you have some wisdom here but I think akuma's answer is that Israel is attacking ONLY those weapons that are in Syria that can be used against Israel in some strategic way. The anti ship missiles could stop shipping traffic into Ashdod and Haifa ports. The big explosions that some thought were nuclear a few months ago were warehouses full of accurate surface to surface missiles from Iran. Israel probably WOULD prefer the devil they know (Assad) but they still have to take immediate action if game changing weapons are being stocked or moved by forces friendly to Hizballah (primarily). I think the only way you'd ever see IDF boots on the ground in Syria will be if Assad falls and those chemical weapons are in danger of being like the Libyan manpads that got proliferated all over the M.E.
  • Like 2

Possibly you have some wisdom here but I think akuma's answer is that Israel is attacking ONLY those weapons that are in Syria that can be used against Israel in some strategic way. The anti ship missiles could stop shipping traffic into Ashdod and Haifa ports. The big explosions that some thought were nuclear a few months ago were warehouses full of accurate surface to surface missiles from Iran. Israel probably WOULD prefer the devil they know (Assad) but they still have to take immediate action if game changing weapons are being stocked or moved by forces friendly to Hizballah (primarily). I think the only way you'd ever see IDF boots on the ground in Syria will be if Assad falls and those chemical weapons are in danger of being like the Libyan manpads that got proliferated all over the M.E.

IDF intervention is inevitable,If Assad gets cornered and desperate,he could order a full scale Chemical attack.This has been a very dirty war all the way through and can only get dirtier if Obama carries out his threat to arm the rebels.

The genocide will continue for some time yet.

Any weapon the Syrians might have can be interpreted as threatening Israel, so I don't get where this is anything other than a legalism. Personally I think the Israelis have shown more constraint than I would have. They could have first gone in and wiped out Assad, then turned on the radical Islamists, and now be sitting pretty with a friendly somewhat indebted Syria and a world thankful a bloodbath had been averted.

I suppose some fear of Iranian intervention has helped prevent this, but with the Iraqis and Saudis sitting there this seems unlikely More than likely it is Obama who has prevailed on them, for his own reasons.

• Like 2

Any weapon the Syrians might have can be interpreted as threatening Israel, so I don't get where this is anything other than a legalism. Personally I think the Israelis have shown more constraint than I would have. They could have first gone in and wiped out Assad, then turned on the radical Islamists, and now be sitting pretty with a friendly somewhat indebted Syria and a world thankful a bloodbath had been averted.

I suppose some fear of Iranian intervention has helped prevent this, but with the Iraqis and Saudis sitting there this seems unlikely More than likely it is Obama who has prevailed on them, for his own reasons.

I would be a bit more generous yet... I actually believe the Israelis don't want to bury more of their children. They'd love it if the rest of the region just chilled and let them have a party. But they know this is just the calm before the storm - they just are sure yet what direction that storm will come from first.

There is no "aggression" from Israel towards Syria. Israel has obviously no stake in any of the partys in the Syrian civil war. But Israel has a hell of a lot stake in the possible armament that Hizbollah could receive from Russia. That is why they occasionally fly in and blow up a shipment that is headed to Hizbollah´s stores in Lebanon.... they simply have to.

Does that clear up the confusion?

Edited by Zaphod222
  • Like 1

Total nonsense. Firstly, with Assad gone, you´d have basically Al Quaeda control of Syria. Fat chance that they would give Israel any "corridor" to anything.

Secondly, much as the left and the islamist propaganda likes to portrait Israel as some kind of military giant, the Jewish state with barely 6 million people on 20,000 sqkm of indefensible borders has NO WAY to realistically take out Iran`s distributed and fortified nuclear program. That is just the real world.

(The US could, but will not under Obama. So get ready for a nuclear Mullah regime.)

• Like 1

Total nonsense. Firstly, with Assad gone, you´d have basically Al Quaeda control of Syria. Fat chance that they would give Israel any "corridor" to anything.

Secondly, much as the left and the islamist propaganda likes to portrait Israel as some kind of military giant, the Jewish state with barely 6 million people on 20,000 sqkm of indefensible borders has NO WAY to realistically take out Iran`s distributed and fortified nuclear program. That is just the real world.

(The US could, but will not under Obama. So get ready for a nuclear Mullah regime.)

I wonder who the appeasers will try to blame for their suffering when the mullahs can set the price of gasoline with a few veiled threats? Not like now, where the markets are just jittery but when Iran can actually threaten openly to close the straits and it is a realistic possibility because no nation will take them on? My guess is it will be Israel and the US for causing the mullahs to be so afraid they needed nukes. Idiots....

Disagree with you,Assad is Iran's biggest ally.when he has been squashed, then I suppose Al Quaeda will replace Syria's air defences and replace all the pilots that will most likely leg it across the border into Turkey.

Obama would not strike, but I would put money on Isreal...

Edited by shaddow134

So, A Syria in chaos of civil war is going to be launching an attack on Israel? Any body on this forum have any idea of reality? any idea of war? any idea of military affairs? any common sense?

And just for hell of it, on this very biased forum, a video from side of Syrian Army during operations in Al Kabune a few days ago. No gore or anything, and for those interested in such things, good film of BMP2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIdpwS25K-M&feature=share&list=UU0-BJmmq9v7sDwoEM5Xao8Q

Edited by Tutankhaten-pasheri

There is no "aggression" from Israel towards Syria. Israel has obviously no stake in any of the partys in the Syrian civil war. But Israel has a hell of a lot stake in the possible armament that Hizbollah could receive from Russia. That is why they occasionally fly in and blow up a shipment that is headed to Hizbollah´s stores in Lebanon.... they simply have to.

Does that clear up the confusion?

lmfao.

Gddmn you play the 'toxic arrogant pr*ck on the block' role well.

Your contributions never fail to generate a good giggle.

Edited by Phaeton80

So, A Syria in chaos of civil war is going to be launching an attack on Israel? Any body on this forum have any idea of reality? any idea of war? any idea of military affairs? any common sense?

And just for hell of it, on this very biased forum, a video from side of Syrian Army during operations in Al Kabune a few days ago. No gore or anything, and for those interested in such things, good film of BMP2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIdpwS25K-M&feature=share&list=UU0-BJmmq9v7sDwoEM5Xao8Q

they have done a few hits in Israel over the past year

they have done a few hits in Israel over the past year

Who has hit what in Israel?

Who has hit what in Israel?

An Israeli armored car I think, the Israelis returned fire, I believe it was a battle between the rebels and government forces, but somehow some trigger happy Syrian shot at the Israelis

Arabs do a lot of threatening and shooting guns into the air and setting off bombs to kill innocent people; the Israelites don't do so much threating and don't shoot at things without a target and bomb military installations. My money is always on the Israelis no matter how outnumbered they may be.

Arabs do a lot of threatening and shooting guns into the air and setting off bombs to kill innocent people; the Israelites don't do so much threating and don't shoot at things without a target and bomb military installations. My money is always on the Israelis no matter how outnumbered they may be.

Good grief Frank.. thats some beautiful stereotyping right there.

The main thing Israel has been bombing over the last decade is Palestine. You know, that occupied zone filled with native civilians who are opressed by one of the most advanced military forces o/t world.. Opressed to such an extent that they would choose to blow themselves up in pure hopelesness / revenge.

Remember the famous Syrian 'Red Line'?

gaza_phosphorus_bomb.jpg

['legitimized self defence']

_67255958_009839494-1.jpg

['military targets']

wpchild1.jpg

['collateral damage']

[all pics from chemical / white phosphor attacks in.. 'not Syria']

Yessir, true HERO's, those Israeli's.

They have learned well from their molestors. Some kind of nationwide / racial Stockholm syndrome? Who knows. They perfected the crime though. Mass opression and killing of 'foreign' civilians based on an apartheid state of mind while maintaining an everlasting victimrole, continuously backed by the mighty USA. Any and all critique is blasted out of the water with the always effective and emotionally loaded "Anti Semite!" cry.

Magic, sheer magic.

Edited by Phaeton80
  • Like 1

A-P even the run up to this revolution found Syria's regular armed forces no match for Israel and the IDF. Not to say the ballistic missile arsenal could not have created mass death with or without chem/bio but the Armies were just mismatched. Having said that, do you contend that a state must be unified and strong before it can start a conflict? I never assumed Syria would do anything except burn if they tried it but these guys haven't shown themselves to be the most restrained and rational lately. Never underestimate the power of sheer hatred.

And more to the point; Syria launching an attack on any surrounding foreign power, while in civil war / internal turmoil, would be suicidal and completely, utterly illogical. That includes Turkey.

Absolutely ridiculous.

The main thing Israel has been bombing over the last decade is Palestine. You know, that occupied zone filled with native civilians who are opressed by one of the most advanced military forces o/t world.. Opressed to such an extent that they would choose to blow themselves up in pure hopelesness / revenge.

I am reluctant to call somebody an idiot in a forum, but you are really asking for it. Do you even know what "Palestine" means? Then google it. I suppose you can do that.

Here is a hint: The Hamas-ruled Gaza strip is not "Palestine".

Sheesh. I need to take a shower.

I am reluctant to call somebody an idiot in a forum, but you are really asking for it. Do you even know what "Palestine" means? Then google it. I suppose you can do that.

Here is a hint: The Hamas-ruled Gaza strip is not "Palestine".

Sheesh. I need to take a shower.

Your hubris is disconcerting.

I dont think any shower will resolve that.

Your hubris is disconcerting.

I dont think any shower will resolve that.

Your sheer ignorance is disconcerting.

And the shower was necessary because after reading your contribution I felt like I had been bukkakked with pure stupidity.

Now, did you find the time to inform yourself what "Palestine" means?

• Like 1

Its easy to dismiss something as stereotyping; I do it too. It is helpful, though, to actually show where there is falsehood in the stereotype instead of producing gory pictures.

A-P even the run up to this revolution found Syria's regular armed forces no match for Israel and the IDF. Not to say the ballistic missile arsenal could not have created mass death with or without chem/bio but the Armies were just mismatched. Having said that, do you contend that a state must be unified and strong before it can start a conflict? I never assumed Syria would do anything except burn if they tried it but these guys haven't shown themselves to be the most restrained and rational lately. Never underestimate the power of sheer hatred.

My point was that I believe it to be incomprehensible that Syria would attack Israel at all. After failure in several major wars they are not going to try again by themselves and in a sate of civil war. Yet it seems to Israeli fan boys that Syria and assorted Arab 5 year olds are about to destroy Israel, so action must be taken to defend Israel from destruction by the mighty Syria and those devasting 5 year old warlords....

• Like 1