Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Vampire' Graveyard Discovered In Poland [merged]

Clarakore

Researchers came across a spooky discovery when they unearthed a graveyard that appeared to contain the skeletons of four Poles suspected of being vampires..

Four skeletons were found at the site in Gliwice, a town in southern Poland, according to Polish Radio English. All four bodies had been beheaded and buried with their heads between their legs.

arrow3.gifView: Read more

In this and probably all such cases, delete word vampire and insert phrase "Person still following some pagan practises". Evidence here of an earlier and unspoken "holocaust".

• Like 1

"And the LORD said unto Satan, From where come you? And Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro on the earth, and from walking up and down on it."

The key word in this report is "believed",post number 1 is most likely correct with pagan burials being most likely

This is in the wrong section.

This is in the wrong section.

Whoops. I was too late. It's been moved.

Well, if they're still there then the treatment for vampires must work! :P

• Like 1

I don't think that Vampires with surnatural powers really did exist but the cult of Vampirisim certainly did exist. I think that some aspects that we know of Vampire today have been attributed to them based on some believes that common people shared in the past. Just like there were people accused and burned for witchcraft in the middle-age, been accused of Vampirism was probably a death sentence as well in the 14th century in Europe.

Edited by sam_comm
  • Like 1

and the full article is where?

404... :(

Unsure why it is not working for you guys but it is working fine here.

Here is the link in url format: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/12/vampire-graveyard-poland-beheaded-skeletons_n_3588426.html

Alternatively one can google the search terms: 'Vampire' Graveyard Unearthed In Poland; Beheaded Skeletons Found In Tell-Tale Burial Position (PHOTO)

What I'm wondering is why are these Eastern Europeans digging up graveyards?

In this and probably all such cases, delete word vampire and insert phrase "Person still following some pagan practises". Evidence here of an earlier and unspoken "holocaust".

I think you hit the nail right on the head. Well said!

• Like 1

I don't think that Vampires with surnatural powers really did exist but the cult of Vampirisim certainly did exist. I think that some aspects that we know of Vampire today have been attributed to them based on some believes that common people shared in the past. Just like there were people accused and burned for witchcraft in the middle-age, been accused of Vampirism was probably a death sentence as well in the 14th century in Europe.

That is an interesting comparison. I never thought of the "vampire hunt" in old Europe being the same as the "witch hunts" in the USA. Thank you for pointing that out out.

This is true, for if you search for "witch hunts" in Western Europe you will find very many, yet search in Middle and Eastern Europe and there are hardly any. But replace word witch with vampire and all become clear. This business with vampires has never gone away. There was even a modern version in Russia some years back, "energy vampires", which was some nonsense about rebellious youth stealing "energy" from people. This has rather gone now, but these things are not far under the surface, the vampire still has a powerful hold over the imagination.