Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What’s in a name? More than you think,

Still Waters

As Prince William and wife Catherine mull over names for their royal offspring, they would do well to heed mounting evidence that a name can influence everything from your school grades and career choice to who you marry and where you live.

Someone named Jacqueline or Steven will generally fare better in life than Latrina or Butch, say researchers, who also point to a phenomenon whereby the world’s fastest man is called Bolt, a TV weather forecaster Sarah Blizzard, and the local librarian Mrs Storey.

http://www.rawstory....nk-experts-say/

Not just the numerology anymore, but also what your name implies. You could say we still live in a hierarchal class-society where we can't choose the life-long label attached to ourselves so freely. You dont see any Superman Rodriguez around, just Jose Rodrigues.

I know a few martial arts schools and gangs and motorcycle clubs have a habit of giving you nicknames, think that's because you can really become something more through that. But of course how you use your newfound potential is another thing than just having it.

I don't think their kid is going to need anymore help in life tbh.

I don't think their kid is going to need anymore help in life tbh.

I agree it's going to be royalty for Christ sake

So, by naming a child Richie Rich, he is bound to grow up wealthy?

• Like 1

Yes.

Something like that's GOTTA be true :yes:

• Like 1

Oooh, by golly.

• Like 1