Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Zimmerman verdict

Clarakore

Ah, but refer to the countless stories like that and you get yourself deemed 'racist'.

The double standard is ridiculous.

If they keep on abusing that term maybe it will become a badge of honor like other terms originally intended to be pejorative, like "Yankee" and "geek".

• Like 1

What about the kids in Syracuse, NY? Why isn't this making national news?

http://theconservati...-a-15-year-old/

It's why I carry a gun. As I get older I feel the need to "enhance" my ability to plead my case with an unreasonable individual who has decided it might be fun to beat the crap out of some random individual. I'm not sure how many pieces of #4 shot fit into a .410 shell but I think it would take quite a while to pick it all out from under the skin :w00t:
  • Like 2

I'm very pleased with this verdict. If he was found guilty, i would of been very angry and lost all hope in our judicial system. The Defence proved self Defence, and i hate how race was brought into this. He had every right to defend himself that night. If Zimmerman was black and the kid was white, the blacks would of been upset if he was find guilty. When the kid slammed zimmermans head into the concrete, it could of killed him. No matter what race either one of them was, thus was the right verdict, and if you think other wise, you are the racist. If the kid would if just explained to him calmly what he was doing instead of attacking him, he would still be alive today. The trajectory of the bullet proved the kid was on top of Zimmerman when he was shot. End of story.

• Like 6

1. Zimmerman kills Treyvon

2. Media gets a hold of it

3. Public outcry and protests because Zimmerman is not charged for killing a 'boy'

4. Zimmerman gets charged with 2nd degree murder (media can now go on hyping up the 'Zimmerman Trial')

5. Cheers from public that Zimmerman is finally charged with something

6. Media slowly winds up it 'racially motiviated' machine

7. Zimmerman gets a fair trial by a jury of his peers

8. Zimmerman acquitted of all charges

9. Public not happy with outcome of fair trial, blames police and DA for not charging him correctly and calling the crime racially motivated

10. Public protests - demanding Federal justice for a fair trial that has already happened

11. Media continues revving up that racial machine because after all 'Peace and Quiet doesn't make for good news'

• Like 7

3. Public outcry and protests because Zimmerman is not charged for killing a 'boy'

4. Zimmerman gets charged with 2nd degree murder (media can now go on hyping up the 'Zimmerman Trial')

9. Public not happy with outcome of fair trial, blames police and DA for not charging him correctly and calling the crime racially motivated

10. Public protests - demanding Federal justice for a fair trial that has already happened

11. Media continues revving up that racial machine because after all 'Peace and Quiet doesn't make for good news'

Accurate and disturbing, even disgusting...
  • Like 2

CNN has to be the Most guilty of this,they have been ramping up the Racial machine since the Verdict.They are the worst news station I have ever watched.

• Like 6

It's why I carry a gun. As I get older I feel the need to "enhance" my ability to plead my case with an unreasonable individual who has decided it might be fun to beat the crap out of some random individual. I'm not sure how many pieces of #4 shot fit into a .410 shell but I think it would take quite a while to pick it all out from under the skin :w00t:

Nooooo that's not fair! If your assailant is black, you have to get sucker punched and taken to the ground and after he starts a ground and pound assault, just pray and wet your pants and hope the black guy doesn't kill you while your face gets rearranged on the pavement....because shooting him...well that would just be racist.

Now I'm not sure if shooting an Hispanic like Zimmerman is racist or not. The racists will have to explain the racial hierarchy better for me, it's all very confusing.

• Like 4

If Holder decides to get creative he can make Z's life miserable for years to come and potentially could still put him in prison.

If that happens, I hope Holder occupies the cell right next to him.

• Like 4

You have blinders on, I guess derived out of your religious faith that the American system comes from God.

The point is that verdicts, while they have to stand, should nevertheless be scrutinized to see how the system can be improved.

Some verdicts, sure. Not this one. He is free because the prosecution failed. The prosecution failed because they had to make it up as they went along. Laws and penalties deserve more scrutiny than the outcome of a case in most instances.

That's horrible but it would be racist to talk about it so if its mentioned it shall be mentioned as kids playing a dangerous game. Isn't it disgusting that the reporter dignifies the act under the term game. Hope those kids rot in hell.

Nooooo that's not fair! If your assailant is black, you have to get sucker punched and taken to the ground and after he starts a ground and pound assault, just pray and wet your pants and hope the black guy doesn't kill you while your face gets rearranged on the pavement....because shooting him...well that would just be racist.

Now I'm not sure if shooting an Hispanic like Zimmerman is racist or not. The racists will have to explain the racial hierarchy better for me, it's all very confusing.

Hierarchy lol. There certainly is one but its all circumstantial. Anyone find it funny how Hispanics got a pass through this entire thing. Never a mention. It's all black and white and neither was white.

• Like 2

What is wrong with you? What the hell is wrong with you?

Trayvon is dead. DEAD!

For walking and wearing a hoodie and doing nothing. NOTHING!

This is not the Wild West and GZ is not a sheriff. He is a coward and a killer.

Since Newtown December 14, 2012 through June 19, 2013 There have been 6127 gun deaths in the United States.

That sickening number and your uneducated, cruel post, speaks volumes.

What is wrong with you? Why are you so blinded by the media and this push for Z to be racist? Trayvon used the racial slur, trayvon was aggressive and attacked.

• Like 4

Update: Zimmerman is getting his gun back and plans to carry it according to his lawyer.

Really? Couldn't he use another gun instead of one that already has blood on it?

He can carry all he wants again, his right, but why announce it so cavalierly that the same exact weapon will be used?

Update: Zimmerman is getting his gun back and plans to carry it according to his lawyer.

Really? Couldn't he use another gun instead of one that already has blood on it?

He can carry all he wants again, his right, but why announce it so cavalierly that the same exact weapon will be used?

We agree on next to nothing but George and Co. should just lay low especially about this. Z's detractors don't need his help getting riled up.

• Like 1

If your gun saved your life, why wouldn't you want to carry it? He'll need it now more than ever. The media announced it cavalierly, what does that have to do with him? This feels like "find anything we possibly can to blame on Zimmerman."

Now he's being called a "coward" on MSNBC for not testifying....errr not forgoing his Fifth Amendment rights.

If your gun saved your life, why wouldn't you want to carry it? He'll need it now more than ever. The media announced it cavalierly, what does that have to do with him? This feels like "find anything we possibly can to blame on Zimmerman."

Now he's being called a "coward" on MSNBC for not testifying....errr not forgoing his Fifth Amendment rights.

While I know MSNBC is a poor news station, I don't totally disagree on George not testifying. I just have issues with the 5th amendment. I do see the need at times, but it bugs the heck out of me to see people use it improperly (IMO). A topic for another time perhaps.

In the mean time, obama care. Did you forget, I know obama hopes you have.

While I know MSNBC is a poor news station, I don't totally disagree on George not testifying. I just have issues with the 5th amendment. I do see the need at times, but it bugs the heck out of me to see people use it improperly (IMO). A topic for another time perhaps.

The defendant not testifying in a criminal case like this is the norm. Let's not let the media fool us into acting surprised about it. So you're against the right to remain silent? You think that right only applies when a cop bestows it upon you, when you're under arrest? You have that right 24/7/365, like the other rights guaranteed by the Constitution. Don't let anyone make you think otherwise.

• Like 2

The defendant not testifying in a criminal case like this is the norm. Let's not let the media fool us into acting surprised about it. So you're against the right to remain silent? You think that right only applies when a cop bestows it upon you, when you're under arrest? You have that right 24/7/365, like the other rights guaranteed by the Constitution. Don't let anyone make you think otherwise.

I understand completely. George isn't alone in using this right. I am also not against the right to remain silent.

I just said I have issues with the 5th sometimes. Mostly when it is abused. Well, probably only when I think it is abused. I think the definition might be a little to concrete. I understand the need, I just see it abused too often.

• Like 1

Are you serious??!!! And just how is that relevant and why in the heck does it matter to you??!! "Blood on it"? You mean like the blood of George Zimmerman that they had to clean off of Trayvon's knuckles???

• Like 3

I'm very pleased with this verdict. If he was found guilty, i would of been very angry and lost all hope in our judicial system. The Defence proved self Defence, and i hate how race was brought into this. He had every right to defend himself that night. If Zimmerman was black and the kid was white, the blacks would of been upset if he was find guilty. When the kid slammed zimmermans head into the concrete, it could of killed him. No matter what race either one of them was, thus was the right verdict, and if you think other wise, you are the racist. If the kid would if just explained to him calmly what he was doing instead of attacking him, he would still be alive today. The trajectory of the bullet proved the kid was on top of Zimmerman when he was shot. End of story.

I don't know what it's like where you're from, but i don't need to justify to anyone why i'm walking down the street. How so many people justify what Zimmerman did completely blows my mind.

• Like 3

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2013/06/01/polar-bear-hunting-syracuse-new-york-police-charge-a-13-year-old-and-a-15-year-old/

That's horrible but it would be racist to talk about it so if its mentioned it shall be mentioned as kids playing a dangerous game. Isn't it disgusting that the reporter dignifies the act under the term game. Hope those kids rot in hell.

Actually, you can't call them kids. Kids are innocent people until their parents and society teach them the wrong or right doings. They were just taught wrong, like a PitBull if you will,... taught by the wrong owner.

• Like 1

I don't know what it's like where you're from, but i don't need to justify to anyone why i'm walking down the street. How so many people justify what Zimmerman did completely blows my mind.

If ever a time comes that you feel the need to approach someone, and don't tell me you won't or you'll just call the cops because life brings random events and you can't speak in absolutes about the future, for some reason and they proceed to quickly end the conversation and start beating your face in against the ground with no end in sight would you, if able, defend yourself by any means necessary or will lie there while he kills you? Had you chose to defend yourself would you not want people to feel you were justified or would you rather everybody tells you how stupid you were for approaching the guy? Maybe you should've left him alone but that doesn't mean he had to beat you to a bloody mess.

And that Odds is the extent of the story at hand.

Actually, you can't call them kids. Kids are innocent people until their parents and society teach them the wrong or right doings. They were just taught wrong, like a PitBull if you will,... taught by the wrong owner.

You're right, it's youths.

• Like 4

If ever a time comes that you feel the need to approach someone, and don't tell me you won't or you'll just call the cops because life brings random events and you can't speak in absolutes about the future, for some reason and they proceed to quickly end the conversation and start beating your face in against the ground with no end in sight would you, if able, defend yourself by any means necessary or will lie there while he kills you? Had you chose to defend yourself would you not want people to feel you were justified or would you rather everybody tells you how stupid you were for approaching the guy? Maybe you should've left him alone but that doesn't mean he had to beat you to a bloody mess.

youts.jpg

• Like 3

Sure F3SS, things happen, but many can be prevented, such as this. If you are putting me in this scenario, why would i feel the need to follow and approach someone who has done nothing wrong? And then call the police for no apparant reason other than been paranoid, then completely disregard their advice to not approach, but then do it anyway, try to be some type of hero, but end up a murdering a teenager who just went to the shop..?

• Like 1

This is mere speculation, and I admit it, but what if Zimmerman had just stayed in his truck, and Martin had continued on his trajectory? What if later he had got a gun, as he seemed very interested in doing, and maybe later killed some people in the course of a robbery? I'm not saying he would have, but given his background and trajectory, it seems not impossible.

.. what if george would have stayed home that night?

Sure F3SS, things happen, but many can be prevented, such as this. If you are putting me in this scenario, why would i feel the need to follow and approach someone who has done nothing wrong? And then call the police for no apparant reason other than been paranoid, then completely disregard their advice to not approach, but then do it anyway, try to be some type of hero, but end up a murdering a teenager who just went to the shop..?

You're not thinking clearly, like so many Trayvon people. I was pretty clear that I laid out a possible scenario with unknown circumstances leading up to it because it could happen. The odds may be one in a billion but it could and I worded it like I did so that you couldn't say all the things you just said. You are blinded with tunnel vision and you aren't thinking clearly.

• Like 1